British Speedway Forum

I am not sure if this is still the case but did hear recently that Sissis may be giving up Speedway again to go back to road racing as has been offered a position in a TT series team doing the IOM and the endurance races

I am not sure if this is still the case but did hear recently that Sissis may be giving up Speedway again to go back to road racing as has been offered a position in a TT series team doing the IOM and the endurance races

Not heard anything about that, but then again not heard much about Arthur since his injury.

I heard he was riding for Swindon at Oxford.

I may be wrong but I believe that Brady is a Poole asset. So I would think that if he were to move anywhere it would be there. I think that his many appearances for Sheffield were due to his conections with Peter Mole. But like many others I think that on some nights he was worth the admission money on his own. So a big thankyou for all you did for us this year Brady.

Hope that next season I don't spend as many Thursdays at home watching TV due to another blank week at Owlerton.

• Like 1

Hope that next season I don't spend as many Thursdays at home watching TV due to another blank week at Owlerton.

I know :cry:

I do wish for next year that they pull out some fixture fillers (Top Gun / Yorkshire Open or something) to keep the continuity going

• Like 1

The Premier league draft system is a possibility but as Rob Godfrey has pointed out recently there are those Promoters in The PL that want to stick with a strong no 6 and are opposing the draft system.

We will have to see who wins the battle ... status quo or breed more young Brits

Personally , I would love to see the PL have a British draft system as were are long overdue a stint of breeding our own riders instead of being a learning curve for Young European riders.

Rob tried to bring on young riders in the N L last year but it was very unpopular with some of the Promoters mind you the ones that objected the most were very quick to sign the riders who showed promise at the end of the season!! Like you I would like to see the draft system.

yeah I've also heard that Josh Bates is going to be his mechanic in Moto GP good luck to them both

Just looked back at the archives page on Sheffield Website for 2006. A total of 33 matches at Owlerton that season. Only 22 this year. Hardly surprising so many riders want to double up. Also the reason I do not buy a season ticket. I reckon it cost me £295 to get in to all matches they were valid for. I could have bought a season ticket for £300.

I think in current climate where fans who tend to only bother with proper Tigers meetings and big events like myself then you can't blame promoters for saving money by not running a pointless meeting, there would have been an end of season meeting but if they couldn't secure a field worthy enough to drag fans in then no point running a meeting for sake of it and losing money.

It has been a great 2015 for us even with all injuries and pride has certainly been restored down at Owlerton and only reason we had so many blank weeks was due to no rain off all season which hardly ever happens.

In 2016 hopefully we can build on this year and have a bit more luck on injury front and go all out for the title, Stead, Bates & Garrity would be the 3 I definitely want to see return, maybe Ty Proctor and Taylor Poole could come back into the fold if things go well down under for them both enabling a return and then see what is left.

Couldn't agree more.

I think in current climate where fans who tend to only bother with proper Tigers meetings and big events like myself then you can't blame promoters for saving money by not running a pointless meeting, there would have been an end of season meeting but if they couldn't secure a field worthy enough to drag fans in then no point running a meeting for sake of it and losing money.

It has been a great 2015 for us even with all injuries and pride has certainly been restored down at Owlerton and only reason we had so many blank weeks was due to no rain off all season which hardly ever happens.

In 2016 hopefully we can build on this year and have a bit more luck on injury front and go all out for the title, Stead, Bates & Garrity would be the 3 I definitely want to see return, maybe Ty Proctor and Taylor Poole could come back into the fold if things go well down under for them both enabling a return and then see what is left.

I would certainly agree with the sentiments about the feel good factor, even when the injuries hit and the problems with Ty Proctor, the Promotion did the best to bring in riders who could keep the winning ways going.

Just a pity we could not find the the rider to replace Steady, but that was always going to be a massive problem.

As for next season Steady if fit, Bates and Garrity have to be viewed as certs for next season, as for the rest I think will depend upon whether or not Premier League adopts the draft system.

But I think whatever next season we will be back challenging at the top of the league rather than the bottom.