British Speedway Forum

Ok then lets go with someone we know wont score any points instead of an Ayres a Perry or Wajnecht(sp) who might score some points.

Would those riders scored 5 paid 7 from 4 rides in the main body of the team, two paid wins in that score at Berwick.

Scunthorpe 5 paid 8 from 4 rides.

Shows that there is maybe some potential there, but I don't think you can really judge him properly on 10 meetings, a season or half a season I would agree.

But if the league decides to go using a draft system he won't get a place anyway.

2 out Of 5.

More likely to see

Stead

Bates

Garrity

Sissis

Which would leave 14.34 for 3 riders. Nick Morris (7.10) maybe?

Nick's average is now on 7.91 really can't see him back with us next year so could be a possibility.

Ok then lets go with someone we know wont score any points instead of an Ayres a Perry or Wajnecht(sp) who might score some points.

And yet Paco outscored both Wajtknecht & Ayres in our challenge meeting against Cradley...

Nick's average is now on 7.91 really can't see him back with us next year so could be a possibility.

If Nick stays at Swindon and they continue on a Thursday, that would rule him out for us.

Personally I would like to see Bellego back in 2016, by the end of the season his confidence was back to what it was before the accident at Rye. Cant see Paco getting a ride with the proposed rule changes for a Brit reserve either.

My wish list would be:

Stead

Bates

Bellego

Arnio

Garrity

Sissis

Plus A N other 3 pointer. Can only see Zack Scrabbleman being at Glasgee or Peterborough who will probably throw heat leader money at him.

If Nick stays at Swindon and they continue on a Thursday, that would rule him out for us.

Yep just a senior moment there pretty much nailed on to return to Swindon if they are running so you are correct if there race night stay's on a Thursday.

Playing Devils Advocate here, but has anyone consider the possibility of Sheffield team without Simon Stead.

10.41 average is a massive amount of the teams total.

Could we or would we better off looking elsewhere and having a more balanced and strength in depth team.

Or is he one rider that we can least afford to lose with his virtually guaranteed double figure scores every meeting.

Thoughts everyone.

Personally if Steady is fit then I think you have to go with him.

Playing Devils Advocate here, but has anyone consider the possibility of Sheffield team without Simon Stead.

Could we or would we better off looking elsewhere and having a more balanced and strength in depth team.

Or is he one rider that we can least afford to lose with his virtually guaranteed double figure scores every meeting.

Thoughts everyone.

Allowing for no fast track reserve, could have a team with a strong reserve rotating with averages eg.

Garrity

Bates

Compton

Poole

Proctor

Birks

Sissis

(Birks tweeted yesterday "roll on 2016, no more cold workshop" with reference to his new homemade heater)

Edited by Friddy75

Thoughts everyone.

How about

1 Jason Garrity 8.46

2 Dimitri Berge 4.14

3 Robert Lambert 8.34

4 Josh Bates 5.58

5 Kenneth Bjerre 8.22 (EL converted average)

6 Richard Hall 4.04

7 Arthur Sissis 3.71

Total 42.49.

Sure it will not happen though.

I think Simon will return as the New promotion seem a very loyal bunch and Simon was a big help with Josh towards the end of the season.

I personally think we can build a stronger team without Steady as you are freeing up 2 points.

Kurtz ( B ) 8.73

Garrity 8.46

Proctor 6.68 or Kurtz (T) 6.79

Poole 6.05 or Klindt 5.89

Bates 5.58

Sissis 3.71

Wajknecht 3.00 or Castagna 3.33

42.21 42.49

A good few permutations with Visa's etc

if you go with Stead, Garrity, Bates and Sissis (28.16) which i think is pretty much nailed on then you are only left with 14.34 for 3 riders, options then become limited

Edited by psycho3a

Even if he is fit--how long for? the lad really has no luck with Injurys at all

And even if he declares himself fit, there's no telling how sharp he'll be after yet another long term injury.

On his average, you'll need him to be as good as ever, big big risk if you ask me.

From the Sheffield Star:-

Sheffield star Arthur Sissis admits he found his return to speedway tougher than expected as the club prepare to bring the curtain down on the 2015 campaign.

Tigers will host their end of season party at Hillsborough’s 1867 suite on Friday (7.30) with a big turnout expected to wrap up an eventful year.

Sissis, 20, will be there before going home to Australia. The former Moto3 racer enjoyed a promising start to his senior career in the shale sport before seeing his campaign cut short by a shoulder injury suffered after he had bagged a career-best 13+1 point haul against Berwick in August.

However, he says the challenge of returning to the sport after five years away proved more difficult than expected. Sissis said: “I didn’t think it was going to be as hard as it was and the first few meetings were a bit of a wake-up call. I knew straight away I had a lot of work to do, and towards the end of the season I felt like I was moving in the right direction.

“I was getting some decent scores before I got injured, but unfortunately that crash just came at a really bad time just as my form was starting to pick up and that was a big blow.

“Hopefully I’ll be given the chance to come back next year and continue improving. I’ll be working hard and trying to get plenty of time on the bike during the off-season back in Australia.

“I’ve enjoyed riding for Sheffield and I’d love to have the chance to come back, and after the experience I’ve gained and the stuff I’ve learnt this year I’d like to think I could do much better.”

Admission to Friday’s event will be available on the door or by emailing the club through the website.

And yet Paco outscored both Wajtknecht & Ayres in our challenge meeting against Cradley...

So do you think Paco would score maximums almost every week in the national league like the lads I mentioned ?

I would think Paco would maintain his average over a season but surely you should go with someone who you think may improve it over the season.