British Speedway Forum

More to the point who's going to pay more, Sheffield or Redcar, and how friendly is the promotion, Sheffield or Redcar. Answers on a postcard!

Just ask Jed Rathbone who, the friendliest out of the two . Answers on a postage stamp will outscore your postcard.

redcar it is then , hope havvy has enough money in the bank to pay the transfer fee .., otherwise he won't be joining . lol.

on the other hand ,sheffield can borrow kyle if they want . they borrowed everyone else's rider season gone .... no dummy spitting between worky and sheff . wee loan fee and its sorted or maybe a full transfer ..

take heed mr havalot .

best of luck for 2016 @ sheff if you end up there .

Never was a problem for Ricky Ashworth! Still he was always in a rush, how many times did the ref pull him back for a flyer in heat 1, but he was just too fast for the other riders and the ref - top man Ricky!

Is it time to castrate each referee that calls an all 4 back for simply having a brilliant start from the gate.

• Like 3

Is it time to castrate each referee that calls an all 4 back for simply having a brilliant start from the gate.

But what if the referee is a lady?

Edited by RS50

But what if the referee is a lady?

Open for suggestions

Perhaps confiscate her handbag

Edited by To The Point

From the Sheffield Star:-

Sheffield Tigers are set to head into Europe to complete their team building for the 2016 season.

Club bosses have held talks to agree on their final two riders having already unveiled five previous signings - and they are aware some fans are hungry for more substantial news.

Now Tigers are set to sign at least one rider from the European Union – with the possibility of another talented British ace joining up.

Co-promoter Damien Bates said: “We are really pleased with the way the team is shaping up.

“We have had a meeting to decide on which way forward from here.

“We understand fans are keen to get some news but we have to have everything in place before we can press the button on signings” he said.

“I’m pleased with the progress we are making in talking to riders and hopefully before Christmas we can name the full team, but I can’t promise that.

“We’ve got a very strong British base in the side, in fact all five signings so far are British, but I admit we may have to cast our net further afield for one of the final signings and we know the man we want.

“We will be working hard to bring that to a conclusion in the near future. It’s an exciting time and the season is still over three months away!”

Tigers have so revealed Simon Stead, Jason Garrity, Richard Hall, Josh Bates and Nathan Greaves and fans on social media and at supporter gatherings have given them the thumbs-up.

But Bates said: “It’s great the consensus amongst fans has been positive, but the next and final two signings will be every bit as important and we cannot afford to mess it up!

“Every signing is vital and we are determined to get it right. Then we need a good piece of fortune to avoid injuries, don’t even get me started on last season!”

What about kai huckenbech or michael hartel

• Like 1

What about kai huckenbech or michael hartel

Neither would fit. They'd have 4.17 left for the last rider if Howarth signs but Rich Hall 4.04 has been announced as reserve. So I'll go with Dimitri Berge.

could it not be Adam Ellis and a 6.5 rider ? i think Howarth will be at Somerset

It looks to me as though Kyle Howarth is Sheffield bound, which is a bit of a surprise as I thought he was nailed on to be at Somerset.

But looking at what the Wolverhampton said about not re signing Josh Bates because Kyle is signing for a Premier League club that rides on a Thursdays fits in with the clues that the club is saying.

Berge would make a perfect fit with a team that would add up to 42.49.

If it is Kyle Howarth the club have been very shrewd as with Workington owning Kyle's contract we will have first call on his services which means with the exception we will have first call on all of our riders with the exception of Jason Garrity.

If that is the team then I would be very happy if, if not well have not got a Scooby who will make up the last two places.

If it is Kyle Howarth the club have been very shrewd as with Workington owning Kyle's contract we will have first call on his services which means with the exception we will have first call on all of our riders with the exception of Jason Garrity.

With Garrity and Bates riding for the same two teams but 1 being owned by each it makes sense for Coventry and Sheffield to work together to ensure there are no clashes. Lets see if they can manage it.

With Garrity and Bates riding for the same two teams but 1 being owned by each it makes sense for Coventry and Sheffield to work together to ensure there are no clashes. Lets see if they can manage it.

Hopefully they can, I suppose it also depends upon those who collate the fixtures as well.

Think Berge could be Sheffield bound, otherwise would surely have been announced by Redcar again. On Howarth would think he is nailed on for Sheffield.