British Speedway Forum

Josh is not getting anywhere near the recognition I believe he deserves for last season. He really come on as a rider and finally started to look like doing what people thought he was going to do a few years ago. He's also a bit mad too :D

for a lad who started riding at 14 now 19 he's done well IMO, proved away at Peterbrough in playoffs he's a changed rider a lot down to Simon Stead but also down to him in his new approach

Jack Parkinson-Blackburn for number 7 anyone?

Wont be old enough until late on in season.

If i was promotion though i would set Prowlers back up in NL this season and get the lad signed up asap.

Edited by whoswinnin86
  • Like 1

I hope he shortens his name before the printers have to fit "Jack Parkinson-Blackburn" into the programme every week. Speaking of which, today's competition: Anyone know of any other riders (past or present) with double-barreled surnames? (must be hyphenated, so Michael Palm Toft, the Bjerre Jensen brothers, Andreas Lyager Hansen and Kasper Lykke Nielsen don't count!)

Paul Lydes-Uings rode for Arena Essex a few years ago. Then there was James White-Williams at Newport and Ryan Terry-Daley who rides for Stoke.

Edited by tigerowl

george lesley mitchel l graham ..(mitch graham .worky ,hull )

rene trevor bach..

Edited by jenga

•  

The Sheffield Star reports that Andre Compton is hoping to be asked to ride for the Tigers next season.

I think this is unlikely to happen. Time to move on, he's been a great rider & servant of the club in his heyday but started to go backwards following his nasty accident at home to Somerset.
  • Like 1

•  

I think this is unlikely to happen. Time to move on, he's been a great rider & servant of the club in his heyday but started to go backwards following his nasty accident at home to Somerset.

Agreed, if we are serious about a title challenge then it is time to move on.

Andre Compton will always be one of best riders i have seen race around Owlerton though and always looked after younger riders better than anyone.

The Sheffield Star reports that Andre Compton is hoping to be asked to ride for the Tigers next season.

One of the true "greats" of Sheffield Speedway, but he's struggled for pace lately and he's finished the last two seasons with bad injuries which could easily have been far worse. I hope he retires gracefully and with his health intact. It would be a travesty if he were to cop some bad injury now, after his many years of faithful service.

I would also hate to see him end his career struggling to retain his place in the top five. In his glory days he was good for double figures anywhere and that's how he should be remembered. He should go out on a high, having done his fair share in helping the team reach the playoffs in 2015. I hope he can be found a place in management or coaching, so that he can continue to use his vast experience to serve the sport, but where he no longer has to risk life and limb to make an impact.

Just looking back, if memory serves correct, he started 2014 on average of 4.36. Per Tigers website, he finished 2014 on 5.85, and 2015 on 6.62 (exc bonus points). There are a few younger riders who would be reasonable happy with that improvement (and yes I do realise it is unlikely he will ever get back to the 2007 average he had).

Just looking back, if memory serves correct, he started 2014 on average of 4.36. Per Tigers website, he finished 2014 on 5.85, and 2015 on 6.62 (exc bonus points). There are a few younger riders who would be reasonable happy with that improvement (and yes I do realise it is unlikely he will ever get back to the 2007 average he had).

The only problem is that if we have Steady, Garrity and Bates Andre will have to ride at the 3rd heatleader role, okay he maybe be able to do that home, but away I doubt whether he is capable.