British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle 2016

A didn't quite catch what George said re; forthcoming matches against Rye etc, with potentially 5 matches to fit in, in October,,, could we see a match the day after the Dinner Dance (that would be interesting),,, or will we see some kind of double headers ???

We could meet Glasgow or Somerset in both competitions, Glasgow being Sundays will pose a problem, or can they do Fridays, or other days ???

oh,,, and thats not including any inclement weather :(

From what I heard George say (re: Rye House) was that the date they have offered us to go there, Robert has his 3rd round of the Final of the U-21 World Champs and he doesn't want to go to Rye without Robert. We wanted to go this weekend (24th) but Rye said "no" to that as they would have riders missing (I think that is what he said was the reason), so negotiations will have to continue until an agreement is met, I guess.

From what I heard George say (re: Rye House) was that the date they have offered us to go there, Robert has his 3rd round of the Final of the U-21 World Champs and he doesn't want to go to Rye without Robert. We wanted to go this weekend (24th) but Rye said "no" to that as they would have riders missing (I think that is what he said was the reason), so negotiations will have to continue until an agreement is met, I guess.

cheers,,,

A didn't quite catch what George said re; forthcoming matches against Rye etc, with potentially 5 matches to fit in, in October,,, could we see a match the day after the Dinner Dance (that would be interesting),,, or will we see some kind of double headers ???

We could meet Glasgow or Somerset in both competitions, Glasgow being Sundays will pose a problem, or can they do Fridays, or other days ???

oh,,, and thats not including any inclement weather :(

We can ride any day as far as i am aware difficulty with Friday is Edinburgh will object due to the proximity unless off course Ipswich beat them in the POQF then there would be no issue.

• Like 2

We can ride any day as far as i am aware difficulty with Friday is Edinburgh will object due to the proximity unless off course Ipswich beat them in the POQF then there would be no issue.

av already got it down as a Newcastle v Glasgow/Edinburgh 'final',,, can't see Ippo beating Edinburgh, but sure you can ;)

• Like 1

av already got it down as a Newcastle v Glasgow/Edinburgh 'final',,, can't see Ippo beating Edinburgh, but sure you can ;)

We are due to meet in the Semi Final if you beat Sheffield would have been a good final though.

We are due to meet in the Semi Final if you beat Sheffield would have been a good final though.

oops, thats right thought we was having Somerset in the 'semi',,,, derrr !!!

KOCup final then ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

Always said the winner will come from this semi final if we beat the other tigers - too tough to call and will be a cracker hopefully

Edited by acclennell

Always said the winner will come from this semi final if we beat the other tigers - too tough to call and will be a cracker hopefully

Agree if you dispatch Sheffield then it is two very evenly matched teams couldn't call a winner from that semi. Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

How are Newcastle going to complete their possible fixtures --25/9 Scunthorpe 2/10 Not suitable Robert away 9/10 Rye House KOC SEMI. Three Sundays left for possible 4 meetings which is holding up other fixtures also Five dry Sundays in October i dont think

How are Newcastle going to complete their possible fixtures --25/9 Scunthorpe 2/10 Not suitable Robert away 9/10 Rye House KOC SEMI. Three Sundays left for possible 4 meetings which is holding up other fixtures also Five dry Sundays in October i dont think

maybe a monday or a double header??

maybe a monday or a double header??

There was talk of a double header this Sunday, but that seems not to be possible now.

There was talk of a double header this Sunday, but that seems not to be possible now.

I hate double headers, remember the one a couple of years ago against Somerset and we all know how that went and what it did to our season. Is it not better to have a meeting on a Sunday and then the day after as well (weather permitting, of course)?

I hate double headers, remember the one a couple of years ago against Somerset and we all know how that went and what it did to our season. Is it not better to have a meeting on a Sunday and then the day after as well (weather permitting, of course)?

that seems like sense to me, as long as the track can be sorted,,, dunno if you'd get the fans in if Sunday goes t!ts up tho,,,

but will Mr Hill want double rent, or does he have to know, or even get extra for double headers ???

am sure this sort of thing happens every year for succesfull teams at the end of year, and thats why the promoters enjoy the stress ;)

I would guess that would mean two stadium rentals? Crowds are always down for a Monday, so financially , I don't think it would be a good idea.