British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle 2016

Not much going on now so maybe you are looking for speedway items to while away the time until next march

Why not have a look at my 3 websites and if you have any interesting photos etc perhaps you can scan them and send the images to me for inclusion on the website(s)

1. http://www.defunctspeedway.co.uk
  2. http://www.newcastlespeedwayhistory.co.uk
  3. http://www.newcastlecyclespeedway.co.uk

Website 1 covers Defunct Tracks and a whole lot more besides the sports defunct tracks

Website 2 is the unofficial history of Newcastle Speedway, I say unofficial but as there is no "official" history website and you want Newcastles history then this is the site to visit.

Website 3 Is the history of Cycle Speedway around the Newcastle area

I think you will be suitably impressed by the three websites and hope you may be able to help us provide an even better set of websites

I have said throughout season 2015 that our team of second strings could not be expected to win trophies. At the end of the year only Steve Worrall has covered himself in glory averaging over 8 points a match but despite him being a class act at Brough Park, he did not do so well away from home.

I think we need Steve next year and another rider capable of 8 points a match, his brother Richie is capable of acheiving 8 points plus. I would be happy with the Worrall twins leading us in 2016 and the promoters would have to fill the other 5 slots with "prospects" Lewis Rose yes and maybe Tero Aarnio but none of the other riders from our 2015 team. There are better riders out there and I hope we will sign them. I believe Ludvig Lindgren is an important cog in the diamonds machine. I would be happy to see him back again. Ludde is great to watch

Isn't it great to be talking about riders for 2016! The promoters are willing to run again. I hope we get more fans through the turnstiles to help us stay afloat

I have said throughout season 2015 that our team of second strings could not be expected to win trophies. At the end of the year only Steve Worrall has covered himself in glory averaging over 8 points a match but despite him being a class act at Brough Park, he did not do so well away from home.

I think we need Steve next year and another rider capable of 8 points a match, his brother Richie is capable of acheiving 8 points plus. I would be happy with the Worrall twins leading us in 2016 and the promoters would have to fill the other 5 slots with "prospects" Lewis Rose yes and maybe Tero Aarnio but none of the other riders from our 2015 team. There are better riders out there and I hope we will sign them. I believe Ludvig Lindgren is an important cog in the diamonds machine. I would be happy to see him back again. Ludde is great to watch

Isn't it great to be talking about riders for 2016! The promoters are willing to run again. I hope we get more fans through the turnstiles to help us stay afloat

No place for Lewis Kerr?

Shame on you.

English said: “We would be looking to keep Steve Worrall in the side next year and although he has had a very good season he still has targets to improve on. If Worrall manages to put an extra point on his away average then he will become one of the top number ones in the league instead of a good number one.”

He added: “In the end we weren’t good enough to finish in the playoff places this season but we need to focus on putting that right next year. In 2016 we would be looking to build our team with one of our top two riders having around an 8 point average and work our way down from there.”

So reading between the lines, if they want to keep Steve Worrall and Richie has stated that he wants to ride with his brother next year (in the PL?? or EL??), does that mean we are likely to see the two of them at Brough, sorry Newcastle Stadium in the same team next year?? If they want one or two 8 point men to lead the team who will that person be or is it S Worral (BSPA website 8.04, Newcastle website 7.46!!). Where would that leave Kerr, Henry (assuming he is coming back to racing, had a number of seasons with bad injuries) and Lindgren?? You would think Lindgren would get a slot with the promotion having bought him as an asset or maybe they will try and recoup some of the fee paid in loan fees?? So we could potentially have:

S Worrall 8.04

R Worrall 6.84

L Kerr 7.04

L Lindgren 7.00

Leaving 13.58 for 3 riders, if two of those riders are 3.00 NL draft riders that would leave 7.58.

We also look at some of the riders who finished last year in decent form:

S Worrall 8.04

R Worrall 6.84

L Kerr 7.04

L Lindgren 7.00

T Aarnio 5.00

L Rose 3.84

A N Other 4.74

I am not saying this or any of the above will feature in the 2016 Diamonds lineup, but by the sounds of things, they want Stevie in the team but is he the 8 point man or is someone coming in above him and if they are, does that spell the end for others?? Will be interesting to see what happens after the AGM.

English said: “We would be looking to keep Steve Worrall in the side next year and although he has had a very good season he still has targets to improve on. If Worrall manages to put an extra point on his away average then he will become one of the top number ones in the league instead of a good number one.”

He added: “In the end we weren’t good enough to finish in the playoff places this season but we need to focus on putting that right next year. In 2016 we would be looking to build our team with one of our top two riders having around an 8 point average and work our way down from there.”

So reading between the lines, if they want to keep Steve Worrall and Richie has stated that he wants to ride with his brother next year (in the PL?? or EL??), does that mean we are likely to see the two of them at Brough, sorry Newcastle Stadium in the same team next year?? If they want one or two 8 point men to lead the team who will that person be or is it S Worral (BSPA website 8.04, Newcastle website 7.46!!). Where would that leave Kerr, Henry (assuming he is coming back to racing, had a number of seasons with bad injuries) and Lindgren?? You would think Lindgren would get a slot with the promotion having bought him as an asset or maybe they will try and recoup some of the fee paid in loan fees?? So we could potentially have:

S Worrall 8.04

R Worrall 6.84

L Kerr 7.04

L Lindgren 7.00

Leaving 13.58 for 3 riders, if two of those riders are 3.00 NL draft riders that would leave 7.58.

We also look at some of the riders who finished last year in decent form:

S Worrall 8.04

R Worrall 6.84

L Kerr 7.04

L Lindgren 7.00

T Aarnio 5.00

L Rose 3.84

A N Other 4.74

I am not saying this or any of the above will feature in the 2016 Diamonds lineup, but by the sounds of things, they want Stevie in the team but is he the 8 point man or is someone coming in above him and if they are, does that spell the end for others?? Will be interesting to see what happens after the AGM.

The averages listed on the website are last seasons (2015) starting averages.

• Like 1

[quote)

6. Rob Branford 3.40 (Or a new rider, doubt Rob would ride for us)

Not sure about that certainly a track he goes we'll on.

Chopper

I know but why leave Edinburgh if they offer him a team place for us? He has no reason

I know but why leave Edinburgh if they offer him a team place for us? He has no reason

Reason, I suspect, will have little to do with it.

The money however............................................... :o

Or - am I a cynic.

Or - am I a cynic.

Yes...

Or - am I a cynic.

YES,,, amongst other things ;)

Providing the points limit stays the same I'd like to see this team next season...

1) Stevie Worrall

2) Anton Rosen

3) Richie Worrall

4) Ludvig Lindgren

5) Lewis Kerr

6) Adam Ellis

7) Lewis Rose

Or - am I a cynic.

Lol I seriously doubt a 3 something rider is going to be walking in demanding big dollars.

Chopper

Providing the points limit stays the same I'd like to see this team next season...

1) Stevie Worrall

2) Anton Rosen

3) Richie Worrall

4) Ludvig Lindgren

5) Lewis Kerr

6) Adam Ellis

7) Lewis Rose

With one change of Tero for Adam or poss. Anton, I would cert. think that 'fortress Brough' would be back for sure. Might even pick up some away points too.

• Like 1

I would like to hear that we have brought back Richie Worrall for 2016 Richie and Steve would be Heat Leaders in 2016. Also Tero Aarnio if we can get him in on a reserve average. Little Aarnio is a good prospect if in 2016 he could start in a reserve berth. We should find a reserve slot for Lewis Rose.

Nice guys Christian Henry and Anton Rosen should be moved on. You have to let go decent riders if a better prospect comes along so come on George sign us some match winning riders and let Christian and Anton go. Lewis Kerr has a question mark over him. He is our rider and if he still wants to ride in 2016 let us start with Lewi next March and see if he still has fire in his belly, No one will feel bad about Lewi if he started and found riding too much for him.

Ludvig Lindgren

A Newcastle contracted rider. Ludde is great to watch and as he is contracted I would expect him back in 2016

Kenneth Bjerre

Aarnio/Henry/Rosen

Steve

Richie

Kerr

Branford

Rose

Yes please and just fits if 42.5 and 3 point brit at reserve. :)

I would like to hear that we have brought back Richie Worrall for 2016 Richie and Steve would be Heat Leaders in 2016. Also Tero Aarnio if we can get him in on a reserve average. Little Aarnio is a good prospect if in 2016 he could start in a reserve berth. We should find a reserve slot for Lewis Rose.

Nice guys Christian Henry and Anton Rosen should be moved on. You have to let go decent riders if a better prospect comes along so come on George sign us some match winning riders and let Christian and Anton go. Lewis Kerr has a question mark over him. He is our rider and if he still wants to ride in 2016 let us start with Lewi next March and see if he still has fire in his belly, No one will feel bad about Lewi if he started and found riding too much for him.

Ludvig Lindgren

A Newcastle contracted rider. Ludde is great to watch and as he is contracted I would expect him back in 2016

Is Kerr not a Kings Lynn rider? Edited by Arson fire