British Speedway Forum
stratton

Play Offs Should They Be Scrapped.?

What part of £1.1 billion pound PROFIT don't you understand?

Carry on making yourself look like a total fool if you wish, but the simple facts are Sky are a highly successful business.

you mentioned profit.....I mentioned viewing figures...your off thread, and you bore me.....chow

you mentioned profit.....I mentioned viewing figures...your off thread, and you bore me.....chow

Ah the old 'you bore me' when you've made yourself look like a complete tool.

We're not off thread at all seeing as you and Sidney blame the existence of the play-offs on Sky.. and now trying to make out Sky aren't successful.

You really couldn't make it up.

What part of £1.1 billion pound PROFIT don't you understand?

Carry on making yourself look like a total fool if you wish, but the simple facts are Sky are a highly successful business.

They make a profit but the days of them having a MONOPOLY have long long, Tesco, Morrison's Sainsburys still make profits millions but are making less now and concerningly now Sky are making a real drop in what they are used to.

We're not off thread at all seeing as you and Sidney blame the existence of the play-offs on Sky.. and now trying to make out Sky aren't successful.

Not a tool he just has a different view to you! now take a chill pill answer me this are SKY as powerfull now as they were twenty years ago.?? even you might give me a truthfull answer.?
  • Like 1

Sid . What time are the pl finals on sky ?

ColinMills is right about the viewing figures though.

They are not exactly inspiring are they?

Your Posting would be much better - and readable without the abuse.

Sid . What time are the pl finals on sky ?

Have you just woke up p....d ?maybe celebrating the Poole win.?? Edited by sidney

Just asking a question .you said that the play offs were only because of sky .so useing that logic the pl play offs finals must be live on sky right .?

No the forum would be much better without fools clogging it up with nonsensical posts.

I made a point that Sky are a successful business.. that is absolute bona fide fact, yet two folk decide because it doesn't fit their agenda to clog up the forum with ridiculous denials.

Sky vieeing figures, allowing for the fact there are more viewing options, are holding up well, very well in fact. 890,000 for an early season match is about the norm, end of season important matches will attract 1.5 to 2 million as they always do. They have more subscibers than they have ever had so what is it thats not inspiring

No the forum would be much better without fools clogging it up with nonsensical posts.

I made a point that Sky are a successful business.. that is absolute bona fide fact, yet two folk decide because it doesn't fit their agenda to clog up the forum with ridiculous denials.

I am not denying the truth of what you say BW.

What I am saying is that the viewing figures aren't great, as was pointed out by ColinMills.

Sky vieeing figures, allowing for the fact there are more viewing options, are holding up well, very well in fact. 890,000 for an early season match is about the norm, end of season important matches will attract 1.5 to 2 million as they always do. They have more subscibers than they have ever had so what is it thats not inspiring

We are talking the whole Country here. You may think that is great - but I'm afraid I don't.

I am not denying the truth of what you say BW.

What I am saying is that the viewing figures aren't great, as was pointed out by ColinMills.

We are talking the whole Country here. You may think that is great - but I'm afraid I don't.

As a percentage of those able to view it completely knocks spots of anything terrestial tv shows

As a percentage of those able to view it completely knocks spots of anything terrestial tv shows

I don't know how many folk have SKY, so I can't really comment on that.

I don't know how many folk have SKY, so I can't really comment on that.

So why have you been commenting on something you know nothing about then.

Not so sure about much bigger crowds in play-offs, remember Promoter Patch saying when Swindon beat Poole in the 2012 play-off Grand Final first leg the crowd of 2700 was the same as the home league match against Poole, and was half of the 2007/9 attendances for the Abbey finals against Coventry and Wolves, who brought a bigger following than the Pirates.

Although Leigh Adams rode in the first two finals.

So why have you been commenting on something you know nothing about then.

Because I just don't think that 889,000 is very impressive when you see all the SKY Dishes outside Houses.

It doesn't matter where you go - the Dishes are everywhere - from that I would have expected Viewing Figures to be higher than they are - that is all.

Not very scientific - I will give you that.