British Speedway Forum
stratton

Play Offs Should They Be Scrapped.?

Because I just don't think that 889,000 is very impressive when you see all the SKY Dishes outside Houses.

It doesn't matter where you go - the Dishes are everywhere - from that I would have expected Viewing Figures to be higher than they are - that is all.

Not very scientific - I will give you that.

Jesus Christ, I thought this wasca serious debate "you have seen lots if SKY dishes on houses" FFS and people think fans should be listened to

I don't know how many folk have SKY, so I can't really comment on that.

When I worked with them about 40% of homes had SKY, so over 10 million homes, and they reckoned less than 30% of the country subscribed to Sky Sports.

150,000 were said to have watched Swindon-Poole league meeting earlier in the year.

I love the play-offs, Swindon always get in 'em but rarely bloody win!

Edited by haydon hat
  • Like 1

Because I just don't think that 889,000 is very impressive when you see all the SKY Dishes outside Houses.

It doesn't matter where you go - the Dishes are everywhere - from that I would have expected Viewing Figures to be higher than they are - that is all.

Not very scientific - I will give you that.

twk.....its easy to check out viewing figures through google...under barb top 30......you will see 1974 dads army gets 1.5 million and beats a 2015 prem footy fixture!!...if these people (who gets touchy very easily) thinks sky is a success, so be it..its just an opinion

twk.....its easy to check out viewing figures through google...under barb top 30......you will see 1974 dads army gets 1.5 million and beats a 2015 prem footy fixture!!...if these people (who gets touchy very easily) thinks sky is a success, so be it..its just an opinion

Another one who is clueless

Sid . What time are the pl finals on sky ?

If Sky had never sponsored or shown speedway, would we have play-offs now?

We probably wouldn't even have speedway now

Put simply - No.

Jesus Christ, I thought this wasca serious debate "you have seen lots if SKY dishes on houses" FFS and people think fans should be listened to

Debate - you don't know the meaning of the word. All you seem to do is slag people off for having a different opinion to you.

I admitted my guesswork was unscientific.

Take a pill and chill out.

• Like 1

Put simply - No

Take a pill and chill out.

So to ask Orions question again then, how come the Premier League has implemented play offs?

Yet again if the plays offs are because of sky why are the pl having them .seeing the finals are not shown on sky .the last time i looked i cant see when the ice hockeys play offs were on sky as well .

• Like 1

As a percentage of those able to view it completely knocks spots of anything terrestial tv shows

But it is pretty poor, give it a year or so

As a percentage of those able to view it completely knocks spots of anything terrestial tv shows

Dont try and be too clever Oldace, because to me Oldace, you are someone with an input but no one with a progressive point of view also YOU must listen to whatever other people say whether you agree or disagree,!
  • Like 1

But it is pretty poor, give it a year or so Dont try and be too clever Oldace, because to me Oldace, you are someone with an input but no one with a progressive point of view also YOU must listen to whatever other people say whether you agree or disagree,!

Yeh in a year or so pre tax profit might be up another 50% as it was this year.

I will try and be a more progressive thinker like yourself, white knight, colin mills etc

• Like 1

I will try and be a more progressive thinker like yourself, white knight, colin mills etc

Maybe you are right ? but don't come across SUPERIOR me old mucker because you are far from it stick to your weekly shop at Tesco!!

You are someone with a opinion but to me you are a nobody ,with a blinkered point of view EVEN you can't be right everytime?YOU and WITCHER please have a deep breath and maybe listen to others maybe you might learn something but i doubt it to be honest!!.

We don't need to listen to people on a speedway forum who haven't the slightest clue what they are talking about and are not intelligent enough to understand when they are corrected.

I'll believe this one:-

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jul/29/sky-profits-rise-customers-germany-italy

Which tells us their annual revenue has hit nearly £11.3 billion and that in the UK their customer base has gone about 12 million for the first time. It also tells us the cancellation rate is at the lowest level it has been for 11 years.

Revenues in the UK and Ireland were up 6% to £7.8bn with operating profit up 12% to £1.35bn.

Maybe you think the Guardian is lying..

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-33699737

There's the BBC reporting an 18% increase in annual operating profit for Sky to £1.4 billion.

Maybe the BBC are in on the lie too...

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/sky-profits-customer-growth-highest-decade-1513099

Nope, it seems International Business times is also telling us that sky customer growth is the highest in a decade.

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/sky-profits-6-per-cent-nearly-million-customers-added/1358002

And another one hailing increased profit and customers.

So to summarise, we don't need to listen to Sidney and ColinMills. We simply have to use our intelligence and look to legitimate sources.

Yet again if the plays offs are because of sky why are the pl having them .seeing the finals are not shown on sky .the last time i looked i cant see when the ice hockeys play offs were on sky as well .

Forget the PL play-offs for a few seconds and answer a simple question:-

If Sky hadn't sponsored or shown speedway back at the turn of the century, would speedway be having play-offs now?