British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Kent Kings 2016

Apparently Len Silver has tonight confirmed Kent will be in the EL in 2016. So who will they sign?

Apparently Len Silver has tonight confirmed Kent will be in the EL in 2016. So who will they sign?

eddie kennett, I've seen him practicing after meetings at Central Park this season.

Ouch, that arm twist by Sky must have really hurt. :nono: But nice to see a new club take the plunge and come up.. :t:

Ouch, that arm twist by Sky must have really hurt. :nono: But nice to see a new club take the plunge and come up.. :t:

with doubts over lakeside and swindon, it's a necessity.

with doubts over lakeside and swindon, it's a necessity.

I couldn't agree more with the posibillity, of only 6 clubs running I thought at least another one more club would take the plunge as well.

Edited by Starman2006

Great news. Plenty of riders available to them. Swindon have quite a few useful assets who will be looking for a new club. Oh, and Troy as well!

• Like 3

No he didn't confirm that! He said the aim is to run both in the EL and PL but clearly stated that, "it's not yet cast in stone."

Edited by Bryn

Utter madness and a disaster for loyal Kent fans.

Why jeopardise your existence and chuck your hat into the ring to try and finish runners up in the 'foregone conclusion ' League?

• Like 5

No he didn't confirm that! He said the aim is to run both in the EL and PL but clearly stated that, "it's not yet cast in stone."

EL and PL Bryn, not EL and NL then?

• Like 1

Cannot understand this one.

I thought that Kent were governed by strict curfews, and had finish meeting early in the night hence their start time being 6.30.

How is that going to work with the SKY coverage.

I believe that Central Park has an agreement now to also run meetings on Fridays between 6pm & 9:30pm with the 8:30pm curfew still applying to Monday night meetings.

On that basis, it would look as though EL meetings could be held on Fridays, with maybe PL (or NL) meetings being held on Mondays.

If speedway can be held only once a week at Central Park, does that mean that fortnightly alternate league meetings would have to be staged?

And on this premise, does this mean that the Lakeside EL operation will move to Central Park either on a 'stop gap' or permanent basis?

Having campaigned previously to have speedway restored to Essex, I hope that this does not mean the loss of the sport to the County once again.

Good news. Great to see a new club come up if this is what is happening. What's the track size?

Ok thanks. Who holds that track record? Would be good to watch the likes of Holder and Iversen around there.