British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Kent Kings 2016

As alluded to in my earlier Post #11 then?

So that's definitely NL and not PL on Monday nights?

Bit of a surprise as its a big step up from the NL to the EL.

Nothing is certain yet as Len has said it's an ambition at the moment but it would be good to see a new team joining

Just waiting for the brown paper bag to arrive

Rumour is that it isn't the Lakeside EL licence.

Maybe Eastbourne's?

Whichever it is , this is good news - lets hope it is a sign of a bigger EL for 2016 with more meetings.

Wolfie

All this, "they're having team Xs" licence makes me laugh. There are not a finite number if licences, if the EL only has 8 teams there are 8 licences, if the EL somehow had 16 teams wanting to take part then you can be use there would be 18. Kent don't have to be using anyones licence, they'll apply for their own and will get it. It's not the 1960s with a full league where you need 1 out for every 1 in.

Can't rule out Eastbourne going back to EL next season as we have a license and they said last season we could move back up. Not that I want to. I think If Kent go up it will be on our EL license

By the way don't get to excited as when it doesn't happen it will be a bigger let down than if you didn't know

I couldn't agree more with the posibillity, of only 6 clubs running I thought at least another one more club would take the plunge as well.

of course . if only six clubs run there will onyl be 5 to suffer from matt fords cheating , new boys although with a seasoned promoter , should be easy enough to put one over though

• Like 2

Another nail in the coffin of Btitish speedway unless someone takes over the track job from Silver , people won't pay elite money to see races to the first corner.Be like watching Eastbourne on sky all over again.

Junior

Kent will run Fridays instead of Lakeside with some riders moving to Central Park and Sky meetings council will give special dispensation for.

Swindon will be at Oxford next season unless late U turn by Blunsdon developers and decide to go ahead and just build the Speedway track without the full grandstand and facilities

Kent will run Fridays instead of Lakeside with some riders moving to Central Park and Sky meetings council will give special dispensation for.

Swindon will be at Oxford next season unless late U turn by Blunsdon developers and decide to go ahead and just build the Speedway track without the full grandstand and facilities

Swindon at Oxford? :o

???? Have the present stadium owners changed their stance of the past 8 years to allow speedway back in then?

Can't wait personally, elite league speedway on my doorstep, I do worry that if it doesn't work out it could be the end of the kings and thought they would have tried PL first but I think people will come, I will certainly be going more than I do at present

As for signings, would love to see 2 of Morley, Shanes or Ayres as 6 and 7

I hope and prey we announce Emil as our number 1, but much more realistically, it could be A.J if he's not required at Lakeside

I wonder if Glasgow and Sheffield have had thoughts on moving up? Glasgow in particular seem very ambitious.

I wonder if Glasgow and Sheffield have had thoughts on moving up? Glasgow in particular seem very ambitious.

Be good to have another northern team.

Another nail in the coffin of Btitish speedway unless someone takes over the track job from Silver , people won't pay elite money to see races to the first corner.Be like watching Eastbourne on sky all over again.

Junior

People pay at Leicester to watch races over after the first bend, not as many fans as there once was but I can't see Leicester running in the elite league next season if they won't budge from Saturday night.

Can't wait personally, elite league speedway on my doorstep, I do worry that if it doesn't work out it could be the end of the kings and thought they would have tried PL first but I think people will come, I will certainly be going more than I do at present

As for signings, would love to see 2 of Morley, Shanes or Ayres as 6 and 7

I hope and prey we announce Emil as our number 1, but much more realistically, it could be A.J if he's not required at Lakeside

The trouble with having them at 6 and 7 is that they will go through elite draft and even if they get into that someone else might pick them before you

Both have definitely. Although Glasgow have stated a couple of weeks ago that they want one more season in PL.

Lets not forget Rye House either - under new management.