British Speedway Forum

Will depend where the rider in question will be riding in Poland but fingers crossed he will agree to return to EL racing in 2016.

Can I ask what outcome is needed with shamek in Poland for him to sign for Poole ??

R.I.P. Pete................if it were not for you and Mervyn there may not have been speedway in Poole today..................

My thoughts are with his family and friends

RP

True that Panda pants, echo all above comments though R.I.P Pete and condolences to family and friends.

Can anyone remember the awful blue blazer jackets with poole speedway wrote in gold leaf on the pockets?

• Like 1

I would also like to mention the efforts of Alan Hodder to the above as he seems to of been forgotten as if it wasn't for these three Poole Speedway might of disappeared back in 1985.

Thank you for helping to saving speedway in my home town Pete Ansell. R.I.P.

• Like 2

Wish there had been more like Pete in the speedway world seemed such a great guy my sincerest condolences go out to his wife and kids

• Like 1

I would also like to mention the efforts of Alan Hodder to the above as he seems to of been forgotten as if it wasn't for these three Poole Speedway might of disappeared back in 1985.

Thank you for helping to saving speedway in my home town Pete Ansell. R.I.P.

Fair point Packerman, Alan Hodder was of course the 'supremo' of the old National League set-up which had its Admin HQ in Weymouth. Richard Loder was also very much part of Mervyn Stewkesbury's set-up and they and their families all became regular attendees at Wimborne Road in those days. Great times with huge, huge crowds even in what was the 2nd division of British Speedway.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 4

So Darcy tweeted that he knows who Chris is riding for next season and is stoked about it. So according to someone on twitter that means it's not Poole?!

So Darcy tweeted that he knows who Chris is riding for next season and is stoked about it. So according to someone on twitter that means it's not Poole?!

I saw that. I took it to mean it was Poole actually. Why would he be stoked if it wasn't Poole? Assuming my understanding of stoked is correct 😆

• Like 1

I saw that. I took it to mean it was Poole actually. Why would he be stoked if it wasn't Poole? Assuming my understanding of stoked is correct 😆

I thought exactly that!! I'm trying to get why someone would think it means he's leaving. Don't get it.

That sooooooo doesn't make sense, it's gotta be Poole and\or Torun?

That sooooooo doesn't make sense, it's gotta be Poole and\or Torun?

I thought that but this person put 'not a rumour, he's not going to be at Poole next season'

I was a bit confused!

Chris will be at Poole don't worry!

Oh good. Phew!

Calm down Lisa Chris is riding for us.. Who is the final rider is what I am thinking. What was wrong with Gomolski and Watty?