British Speedway Forum

Have you not read the latest on the Poole website FB?!

ps. Chris re-signs for Torun today!!

Nothing about Chris specifically as far as i can see. Yes it does say the final two will be announced in the week but surprised why it has taken this long, it has been obvious for some time who the last two are.

Edited by foreverblue

And it also says the Programme Editor position was a 'holiday job' :lol:

Yet another nail in the death of elite league speedway.

Poole 1st the rest nowhere.

How on earth Buck is not deemed a heat leader is farcical.

• Like 2

funny-men-laughing-cartoon-you-want-it-w

Polish World Cup star Krzysztof Buczkowski is announced as a second string.

• Like 4

So are we saying then that just because someone is named on the hl list doesn't mean they will start the season as hl?

In other words Ford wasn't lying in that Buzz will start as hl but wasn't on the hl list.

Finally starting to make some sense. Stupid way of doing it though.

• Like 1

Its a farce that a Speedway World Cup winner who when he rode here 2 years ago in a stronger league all of a sudden becomes a second string.

Now Poole have done nothing wrong he was available to anyone, but it does make you think that Ford has some inside info that others dont. He moved very quickly to capture him.

So Poole have a team that consists of

A rider in the top 8 in the world (Holder)

A rider who started last season at number 1 (Andersen)

A rider who averaged over 7 from a second string ( Watt)

A rider who WON the world cup, ridden as a heat leader but somehow (because its Poole) is a second string (Buck)

Very promising young rider good signing (Kurtz)

A rider who is quite happy being a reserve with no desire to better himself so is one of the best in the league (Newman)

One of the best second reserves (Ellis)

So thats the elite league title done again and people wonder why the sport is dying.

Still according to Starman its all about winning the sport doesnt matter

• Like 2

Now Poole have done nothing wrong he was available to anyone, but it does make you think that Ford has some inside info that others dont. He moved very quickly to capture him.

A rider who WON the world cup, ridden as a heat leader but somehow (because its Poole) is a second string (Buck)

Contradiction?? Bad bait I say.

Some great signings by Poole and yet again Matt showing how team building should be done to the rest of the league!

I think some of us myself included misinterpreted what he said, he said Bucko was going to start the season in a heat leader berth not that he has been signed as a heat leader.I find it strange Chris Holder and Davey Watt haven't been announced yet.

certainly is confusing. He was either signed off the heat leader list or he wasn't . And if he wasn't on it then it's totally absurd.

starting as a heat leader Only goes by average .If he is in the top 3 averages for Poole then he will start as a heat leader. Without this HL list no one knows!

With regards Chris, I'm sure it's a formality. He is already listed as one of the GP boys riding in the EL in this week's speedway star.

No they didn't

FB, they did. The link is still there that confirms it.

That could be because his average is above Hans? So Hans to start at second string?

Hans is on the heat leader list and if he is 4th in the starting averages then will start season as second string.

• Like 1

If I'm right in saying the Poole side currently has Holder, Andersen, Buczkowski, Kurtz, Newman and Ellis, that is shaping up as a formidable side.

I can only see improvement (on last season) in all 6 of the aforementioned

As I said, formidable side.