British Speedway Forum

not all riders do.... i remember ford saying he found it very hard to sign someone to fill the place left by miedzinski when he left mid way through the season

he reeled off a list of riders he contacted all declined ...... then kasprazak changed his mind...

Does it occur to you that they could have declined because of other commitments...............not just because it was Poole that approached them...............

RP

• Like 2

Still see the same old guff trotted out by the same usual suspects.

Not tarring true fans here but not everybody only wants to ride for Poole and Poole only but thats how some people see it. There are always riders who wouldnt ride for Poole , Jonsson Woffinden for example, think you might also struggle to get Doyle to ever ride there. Poole are no more special to ride for than any other club. Look at Cook at Belle Vue, loves the club.

Certain Poole fans are happy to win the league and stuff the sport. They are not speedway fans at all.

And again this isnt every Poole fan and the forum members can quite easily name who they are

Ok, I sort of get it but I still think there will be some anomalies, but maths is not my strong point. We'll see what the final list says.

there will certainly be some anomalies, because i very much doubt the list will have been fully thought through by those responsible for implementing it.

However, in terms of what the list should do, it's limit the number of riders with distorted averages a team can have.

But, given that PK is apparently not on the list, and Danny King is, it would seem they have taken some random approach, possibly just subjective opinions on who is and isn't a heat leader. Which renders the whole point of the list pretty much obsolete.

Either way, if Poole end up with Watt and Holder as their final two signings I don't think anyone can have complaints, and it doesn't look (at thsi stage) like any other team is going to end up with 4 riders who should have been classed as HL. If however Poole name Holder and Shamek/Lindback/Dudek/Vaculik/other toprider as their remaining signings, then the title can be awarded now and the BSPA roundly castigated for their ineptness.

Poole have problems like many others during the season and the close season and that all comes down to averages!

Andreas held talks but turned us down this autumn so their is one. You often find it very hard during the season to find a 5 point rider or 8 etc as riders wanted simply won't fit under the limit or actually want to commit to Britain.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

I have and I know the answer. But that isn't the point I'm making.

We all know that Poole is an attractive proposition for most riders and I have no problem with that.

However, if every rider took the same stance, where would that leave speedway...and Poole speedway?

No, so Poole are not to blame in all these shinanigans. Its just some other shortsighted individuals who appear to think we are at the fore front of everything.. which is not true.

Edited by Starman2006

Still see the same old guff trotted out by the same usual suspects.

Not tarring true fans here but not everybody only wants to ride for Poole and Poole only but thats how some people see it. There are always riders who wouldnt ride for Poole , Jonsson Woffinden for example, think you might also struggle to get Doyle to ever ride there. Poole are no more special to ride for than any other club. Look at Cook at Belle Vue, loves the club.

Certain Poole fans are happy to win the league and stuff the sport. They are not speedway fans at all.

And again this isnt every Poole fan and the forum members can quite easily name who they are

I hope you are not including me in that comment because I am no fair weather fan................and I am totally aware that some riders may not want to ride for Poole but as I said some may have chosen at the time not to come to Poole because of other commitments not because they don't want to ride for Poole it could be that at the time they could not commit...............

You say about Cook loving Belle Vue which is fair enough and there is no problem about wanting to ride for a particular club and no other............Holder has always said it is Poole or no one in the UK...............

I have watched Poole for the last 40 years through the good times and the bad and trust me there have been some very bad times.............but that does not mean I want them to win the league year in year out....................I could not care less if we never won the league again though I am proud of what we have achieved over the years when we have done well.................as long is the racing is good and safe is that what matters more??????????? Of course it is.............reaching the play offs and winning the league are always a bonus but its not the end of the world if we don't...............

RP

• Like 1

I hope you are not including me in that comment because I am no fair weather fan................and I am totally aware that some riders may not want to ride for Poole but as I said some may have chosen at the time not to come to Poole because of other commitments not because they don't want to ride for Poole it could be that at the time they could not commit...............

You say about Cook loving Belle Vue which is fair enough and there is no problem about wanting to ride for a particular club and no other............Holder has always said it is Poole or no one in the UK...............

I have watched Poole for the last 40 years through the good times and the bad and trust me there have been some very bad times.............but that does not mean I want them to win the league year in year out....................I could not care less if we never won the league again though I am proud of what we have achieved over the years when we have done well.................as long is the racing is good and safe is that what matters more??????????? Of course it is.............reaching the play offs and winning the league are always a bonus but its not the end of the world if we don't...............

RP

i agree with what you have written totally.

i have no isues with fans supporting and defending their club.

Clubs will always have riders who only want to ride for 1 club and yes Holder is a prime example of this, but there is planty of other riders at other clubs who feel the same about their club.

Just the usual numpties who believe a majority of riders only want to ride for Poole like Gomolski. Bet if he was offered a good deal on a track he likes (Kings Lynn?) he would ride for them.

Lets be fair Darcy turned out for Swindon and he didnt have to if he didnt want to

Does it occur to you that they could have declined because of other commitments...............not just because it was Poole that approached them...............

RP

surely ford would not of approached them if there were fixtures clashes with there schedules....

Gavan, Gomolski put on twitter himself that he didn't want to ride for anyone else. So take it up with him!! :)

surely ford would not of approached them if there were fixtures clashes with there schedules....

He may not of known before hand.
  • Like 1

Gavan, Gomolski put on twitter himself that he didn't want to ride for anyone else. So take it up with him!! :)

He may not of known before hand.

That was my point exactly...............

RP

Not just fixture schedules.....................most riders have a life outside the sport and family commitments..............

Poole have problems like many others during the season and the close season and that all comes down to averages!

Andreas held talks but turned us down this autumn so their is one. You often find it very hard during the season to find a 5 point rider or 8 etc as riders wanted simply won't fit under the limit or actually want to commit to Britain.

My understanding is that there was a bit more to it than that. The initial sniffing around AJ apparently came not too long after Ford realised he wouldn't have Darcy next year. At that stage AJ had already publicly said that he would ride for Lakeside next year, and as he was already a Lakeside rider in 2015 they had first call on his services. Ford, I understand was prepared to get round this problem by a "sweetener " to Lakeside but was rejected by both Lakeside and AJ.

This leads me to wonder whether the dodgy signings of Kildemand and Miedzinski were just the tip of the iceberg an whether there were other potentially dodgy deals that we didn't get to hear about because they were rejected. Doesn't mean that Ford never tried it on though.

The other thing, now that you have bought this into the open is whether AJ's parent club, Coventry knew about the approach to AJ . It seems inconceivable to me that Coventry would have agreed to Ford trying to sign AJ without first trying to sign him themselves if it became known that for some reason he wanted to leave Lakeside, although, as already said he did confirm quite early on that he wanted to return to the Hammers. There are some Coventry fans on here who seem to have their ear pretty close to the ground but none of them have posted anything about Poole wanting talks with AJ, so it just makes me wonder.

In rider speak he hadn't been offered enough yet. :wink:

• Like 1

Congrats to Poole's Kyle Newman - (you know he's the one with no ambition apparantly?!) - who has secured a Polish contract with Polonia Pila!!

(ps. Poole fans - The REF quiz night scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday 2nd December, has had to be called off at short notice due to the last minute unavailability of Nigel our Game Show presenter.)

• Like 2

Congrats to Poole's Kyle Newman - (you know he's the one with no ambition apparantly?!) - who has secured a Polish contract with Polonia Pila!!

(ps. Poole fans - The REF quiz night scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday 2nd December, has had to be called off at short notice due to the last minute unavailability of Nigel our Game Show presenter.)

Well done Kyle. Great to see a British youngster with ambition.

Great news for Kyle. I mean, the lack of ambition coming from him must have meant a lot of arm twisting by Pila for him to get off his ass and bother to say yes.

Thanks for the heads up on tomorrow. I was going along to this.

• Like 1