British Speedway Forum

Don't have a problem with that though as the averages show Ellis has overtaken Newman so fairs fair imo. If it had to be titled as such, Newman should now be titled the Tier 2 rider

in a league thats fair for all there shouldnt be any compromises ellis is tier 2 the rules state a rider below in the ratings , its easy to understand.

Edited by heathen chemistry

Well we got to May at least.

Sorry don't understand. What do you mean?

in a league thats fair for all there shouldnt be any compromises ellis is tier 2 the rules state a rider below in the ratings , its easy to understand.

Ellis is also a heatleader.

With new averages in effect the guest for Kyle should be tier 2.

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

So Auty rides in place of Adam tomorrow.

I thought one was a tier 1 rider and 1 tier 2 or does that not matter this year? All very confusing

It didn't affect Mark Loram either - but thats another story!!!!

So Josh Auty rides at 3 tomorrow, being on the EDR list but with an average lower than Adam's!!??

So Poole have 2 Tier 1 EDRs in the team against Wolves, plus r/r for a 2nd string. Is that covered by the rules?

I wonder what the rule would be if Poole decided they wanted to permanently replace Adam on his current average?

Count yourself lucky you have 2 tier 1 riders guesting when in the past it would have been a tier 2 rider replacing Ellis (not sure when it changed)

If any team wanted to replace a draft rider then it would have to be with one from the list, regardless of average as long as they fit within the point limit

Ellis is also a heatleader.

With new averages in effect the guest for Kyle should be tier 2.

You should count yourselves fortunate that the rules have changed as last year you would have had to have had a Tier 2 rider. So in effect you are getting a better rider this year taking Ellis's place then you would have had last year

We didn't have Ellis last year!!! :-)

Poole couldn't of tried it on as you have to have 2 EDR's in a team at all times.

If Poole signed Zmarzlik for Ellis they'd have to replace 1 of their other top 5 for a rider on the EDR list & be under 40.5 team average as they'd of replaced 2 rider's at once.

But they're not signing a rider, they're using a guest. There declared 1-7 still would have had 2 EDRs. How is it different to the fact Robbo could now guest for Ellis? He's not an EDR.

Luckily, common sense has prevailed but it does show up the rulebook for the festering pile of crap it is this season, AGAIN!

Clearly some sort of compromise.

Poole have tried to twist/interpret/apply the rules to suit ... again the poorly worded rulebook has opened that door...

As a compromise they've been allowed to use Auty.

Poole havent tried to twist anything. I don't believe they have ever tried to use anyone but Auty. When I tweeted about it last night 3 Poole fans replied either say I was wrong or that it was stupid.

A bit of a hiccup for the Pirates last night,,

According to some Poole fans (well at least one) they have gone from EL favourites to mere also-rans..

With four heatleaders and the best pair of reserves in the EL, Poole remain massive favourites !

Don't let any numpty tell you otherwise.. :t:

• Like 2

A bit of a hiccup for the Pirates last night,,

According to some Poole fans (well at least one) they have gone from EL favourites to mere also-rans..

With four heatleaders and the best pair of reserves in the EL, Poole remain massive favourites !

Don't let any numpty tell you otherwise.. :t:

With 2 of the 4 heatleaders barely scoring currently and 2 of Pooles best performers potentially facing extended lay offs I don't think I'd necessarily agree with that. I can't see this Poole side winning many meetings on the road and even at home I can see a couple of defeats, including tomorrow. The big guns have to start scoring consistently but at the moment I can't see it happening any time soon.

Hopefully I'm completely wrong 😊

Edited: Does this make me a numpty?!

Edited by Rob VDS

I don't think we will lose tomorrow (unless I have missed something and we turn into Coventry overnight!) but I think Wolves could keep it within 6.

I don't think we will lose tomorrow (unless I have missed something and we turn into Coventry overnight!) but I think Wolves could keep it within 6.

I hope you're right! If kyle and Adam were riding I'd feel a lot more confident to be honest but we'll see.

I hope you're right! If kyle and Adam were riding I'd feel a lot more confident to be honest but we'll see.

Think Holder and Brady are the key. Their form will swing the meeting one way or the other but think we will be okay :)

If both Kyle and Adam were riding id be very confident.