British Speedway Forum

can not see how or why drabik's or any of the others top pole's home polish league clubs would allow any of them to ride over here,

rubbish money compared to poland, bigger chance of injury on our tracks due to them not knowing how to ride tight technical circuits.

If young riders from Europe etc. want to progress to GP standard they need to learn to ride any size or shape of track.

Tweet from Ipswich Star journalist Mike Bacon apparently stating news due in the paper tomorrow re Rohan.

So seems we may soon find out if he is heading your way....

It would fit in with Matt saying he would have the team sorted not long after the AGM.

For those that keep mentioning Chris Holder riding anywhere other than Poole next season or any other season...NEWSFLASH...he's stated numerous times he will only ever ride for Poole in the EL. He even did this as recently as a few weeks ago as quoted on the GP website. I posted a link at the time.

If that's not good enough for you then will anything be?

Personally I think he'll come good and will be a more than capable number 1 of which there is no doubt he will have to be with next seasons rule changes...he had a bad season by his standards this year and still finished 8th in the World (a little by luck admittedly, but 9th would hardly have been dreadful would it?).

Edited by chris4gillian

If young riders from Europe etc. want to progress to GP standard they need to learn to ride any size or shape of track.

they get that riding in poland and sweden , there are small tracks in sweden , theres no need to ride over here to become world champ like in the 70's

For those that keep mentioning Chris Holder riding anywhere other than Poole next season or any other season...NEWSFLASH...he's stated numerous times he will only ever ride for Poole in the EL. He even did this as recently as a few weeks ago as quoted on the GP website. I posted a link at the time.

If that's not good enough for you then will anything be?

Personally I think he'll come good and will be a more than capable number 1 of which there is no doubt he will have to be with next seasons rule changes...he had a bad season by his standards this year and still finished 8th in the World (a little by luck admittedly, but 9th would hardly have been dreadful would it?).

Didn't Darcy say he wouldn't ever ride for any club apart from Poole too? It all boils down to personal situations as to where riders ride.

I'm sure Holder would like nothing better than to return to Wimbourne Road, but never say never. Heard it all before.

• Like 2

Didn't Darcy say he wouldn't ever ride for any club apart from Poole too? It all boils down to personal situations as to where riders ride.

I'm sure Holder would like nothing better than to return to Wimbourne Road, but never say never. Heard it all before.

Not to my knowledge, no. If he did it wasn't said regularly like Chris has and continues to do.

It would fit in with Matt saying he would have the team sorted not long after the AGM.

Rohan isn't good enough in my opinion, seen him a few times this season and not impressed.

I believe that was a special circumstance but Holder is different as his average is low and would be a very strange decision not to have him back, there are very few at Wimborne Road who don't think very fondly of him.

Rohan isn't good enough in my opinion, seen him a few times this season and not impressed.

I believe that was a special circumstance but Holder is different as his average is low and would be a very strange decision not to have him back, there are very few at Wimborne Road who don't think very fondly of him.

Most speedway fans everywhere think fondly of Chris imo ... :t:

• Like 2

I wouldn't be suprised if he skipped the UK altoghther next season.

Edited by Starman2006

Most speedway fans everywhere think fondly of Chris imo ... :t:

Absolutely. Chris Holder is a class act. He's had a tough few years, with his terrible injuries and latterly the injury to Ward. One of my faves is Chris.. :t:

• Like 3

Really why would that be?

Reserves for Poole Newman and Ellis?

Liking that if that is the case. Adam is improving all the time. But i would feel sorry for Starkey who did a good job for us in the main last season.