British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MagicOctopus

Rookie Question About Scoring

I'm a fairly new follower of the sport, and only recently became interested in the national leagues. I'm still confused by the way the reports talk about scoring.

Specifically, what does it mean that someone "scored 10 paid 11"? Paid what?

Also, sometimes I see "scored 10+3". Where does the "+3" come from?

It is a bonus point (just for pay) a rider receives if he finishes behind his team mate to prevent them from racing each other for more money

• Like 1

Bonus points. Riders get them for coming behind their teammate in a scoring position. So for example where a rider wins a race and his teammate comes second, the guy coming 2nd gets a bonus point therefore 2+1.

I should point out its only where teammates cone 1st and 2nd or 2nd and 3rd. No bonus points for 1st and 3rd.

Edited by Rob VDS
  • Like 1

Does the Premier League still have bonus points. I am sure I read once that they had been stopped.

Does the Premier League still have bonus points. I am sure I read once that they had been stopped.

yes the PL still gas bonus points .

There was apparently an agreement to not pay the points money for them but that seems not have been universely adhered to.

bonus points are often used for calculating averages..so 4 rides 8 pts + 2 bon = a CMA (calculated Match average) of 10/4 =10.00

Bonus points don't count towards your average

Not towards your greensheet average for team building, but most sources would include bp in CMA (or provide both with and without bp)

Not towards your greensheet average for team building, but most sources would include bp in CMA (or provide both with and without bp)

Not on official BSPA averages which is the most important.Averages without bonus points count towards team building.guest replacements etc.

It was only for riders finishing third behind a team mate who had finished second , except if the team mate was on a t/r , that the bonus point got stopped . A pretty dangerous move which I think has been mostly ignored by clubs .

bonus points are often used for calculating averages..so 4 rides 8 pts + 2 bon = a CMA (calculated Match average) of 10/4 =10.00

Blimey! Things have changed since I went to school. 10/4 used to equal 2.5.