British Speedway Forum

i though tom was o.k. , but harry was iffy .

• Like 1

i think what this sponsorship package does show is that it is possible to get financial support with some work. Lets face it if you can get money in a depressed area like Teesside you can get it anywhere. Well done Ian Drinkell who is responsible for securing this support.

• Like 2

so could tom , dick or harry become a promoter ?

Three speedway promoters Tom Dick & Harry with alzheimers are living together. One day Tom decides to take a shower, so says to Dick 'I'm going upstairs to take a shower'. Tom is standing in the shower when he forgets whether he is getting into the shower or out of the shower. He shouts down to Dick, "Dick I need your help I'm up here in the shower & I don't know if I'm getting into the shower or out of the shower!"

"No worries I'll be right up to ya" says Dick and starts to run up the stairs.

Half way up the stairs Dick forgets if he is going up the stairs or coming down.

Dick shouts to Harry, "Harry we need your help. Tom is in the shower & doesn't know if he is getting into the shower or getting out of the shower & I'm on the stairs and I don't know if I'm going up the stairs or coming down the stairs!"

Harry downstairs says to himself "Jesus I hope I never get as bad as them two,touch wood" [harry knocks on table] "Is that the front door or the back door!"

• Like 4

CVS?

Don't think you will get CVS travelling from the midlands every Thursday. Only comes up once or twice a season now.

Don't think you will get CVS travelling from the midlands every Thursday. Only comes up once or twice a season now.

I didn't suggest that he would.

At the end of the day Redcar is running a business like every other club .

They probably need the money from selling Kus to keep the club running and if Newcasle have offered peanuts ( not saying the have ) just says what Newcasle think he's worth .

Redcar will obviously try to get the best price they can for him like every club would do for their asset .

We have some strange ways of running things in Speedway. Redcar want to declare Kus in their 1 to 7, he is their asset and they want to use him. Why should this have to go to arbitration at the BSPA. he is not being denied an opportunity to earn a living in the premier league. In what other sport would you find a situation where a team wants to use their asset and they may be made to sell or loan him out. From what I have heard Newcastle want him on the cheap. Promoters are scouring the globe to fill the remaining places in our league and the few riders that fit the bill seem to be holding the promoters to ransom. Cannot think why Newcastle would want him anyway as when I have seen him ride there he does not seem to like the track and rides it badly. He will certainly earn more points money at Redcar. He may end up at Newcastle but I hope Redcar at least get a realistic price for him.

Edited by Sly Fox
  • Like 1

We have some strange ways of running things in Speedway. Redcar want to declare Kus in their 1 to 7, he is their asset and they want to use him. Why should this have to go to arbitration at the BSPA. he is not being denied an opportunity to earn a living in the premier league. In what other sport would you find a situation where a team wants to use their asset and they may be made to sell or loan him out. From what I have heard Newcastle want him on the cheap. Promoters are scouring the globe to fill the remaining places in our league and the few riders that fit the bill seem to be holding the promoters to ransom. Cannot think why Newcastle would want him anyway as when I have seen him ride there he does not seem to like the track and rides it badly. He will certainly earn more points money at Redcar. He may end up at Newcastle but I hope Redcar at least get a realistic price for him.

Depends what you call "on the cheap"

As far as I understand it (reading it in the 'Speedway Star') Kus approached Newcastle after he'd put in the Transfer Request.

That's why it should go to tribunal/arbitration.

• Like 1

It should go to arbitration because slavery was abolished centuries ago. You can't force somebody without a mutually agreed contract to work for a specific employer for whatever they are willing to pay him. If you won't let him work somewhere else without extorting a large fee, then you are denying him a right to make a living.

The real problem is not so much Redcar but the outdated and probably illegal asset system.

• Like 2

A lot of assumptions in there and mostly untrue.

Strange that you are a new poster on here. :D

Depends what you call "on the cheap"

As far as I understand it (reading it in the 'Speedway Star') Kus approached Newcastle after he'd put in the Transfer Request.

That's why it should go to tribunal/arbitration.

The term 'reasonable' comes to mind, rather than the 'unreasonable' figure asked for.

does that mean the end of the race suits for the bears ? . who is this havelock guy.

• Like 1

does that mean the end of the race suits for the bears ?

lets hope so,,, too much red and white makes me feel sick ;)