British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

New green sheets out and the changes for 30th are Justin to Heat Leader, Josh to 2nd string and Charles back to reserve.

Does tonight's meeting affect those averages or are the Issue 13 figures the final figures for Monday 30th onwards??

If not, then for next week's meetings against Poole, Swindon's top 3 will be Doyley, Tungate and Sedgman. Poole's top 3 will be Hans, Buzz and Chris Holder.

2nd strings will be Nick and Josh v Bjarne and Adam.

Reserves Wright/Neilsen and Kurtz/Newman.

Assuming both track surfaces will have had some work done on them, it should be an interesting week!!

This team fears no one, they're all chipping in with points. Serious contenders now. If anyone wants to continue writing us off then so be it!!

• Like 3

For a stadium that was due to be up and running next month it is still looking distinctly un-stadium like over in that little corner while yet more and more of the rest of the build is looking extremely advanced verging on finished.

Some comments from those who would have us believe are in the know- i'm thinking of you Rosco- are due. Tomorrows meeting might be an ideal time.

• Like 3

This weeks Blunsdon blog..my knowledge of Swindon track prep. ends in 1985. From memory of info. gleaned from the blog, I'd guess Punch joined around 30 years ago. I meant the 50's 60's 70's good ole boys. I have no knowledge of Punch or indeed any desire to offend him, however I doubt if Punch was around in '85 he'd want take any credit for the over watering scandal of that year. It came to a head on September 19 v Kings Lynn, a nicely full stadium, Micheal Lee in town, heat 1 they did'nt get past turn 1, it nearly killed Richard Vowles, Micheal Lee too, did'nt do David Prowse any favours either, all three I believe to be good ole boys...well I did at the time. The records say the ref called it off, only cos he had no riders. Oh yeah the riders had been complaining all year about too much water.

Part of the reason why I was somewhat harsh about tyre burning was because of the cheap elf 'n' safety reference, as someone who has spent a lifetime trying to convince enthusiastic youngsters that the motorcycle/chainsaw/petrol driven disccutter etc etc they are playing with are potentially lethal, the constant anti health and safety jibes one hears, get my goat, to put it mildly. As for a trip to Wales with Ron, what's that all about? Will I need my pyjamas? can I take my wife? only joking, she feels somewhat intimidated actually. I shall make a full statement to Mr Cooke and two lawyers mine and your Mr Bowden in writing drektly proper job like.

Edited by JOS50

What no reply to the above from Mr Cooke? Bit strange replying to a post on here via a personal blog, could this be a first for the forum? If only you had responded to my post on here I could have informed Punch instantly that it wasn't about him at all, for his peace of mind. Presumably you will be liasing my trip to Tredegar so if you could provide more details it would be appreciated. P.S. I charge seventy pounds an hour for technical consultancy work. Have written part one of promised report, in the post today.

Edited by JOS50

Are these 2 posts above (#1839/#1840) making any sense to anyone other than the poster??

If so any clarification would be appreciated...........

• Like 2

Are these 2 posts above (#1839/#1840) making any sense to anyone other than the poster??

Turn your monitor/screen upside down then it makes perfect sense¬!!

Absolutely none at all

Yes perfect sense...no not really...

Yes perfect sense...no not really...

Nothing important, 19 Sept. '85 Swindon v Kings Lynn, only the worst night in the history of a world renowned track, oh yeah I was there and I did think for a short while that Micheal Lee was hurt bad or worse.

I see all the trolls are out again, this is one reason I hate this forum. Yes people are entitled to an opinion but when's it's just for rises, grow up & get a life.

The league isn't won in June, it's September/October, I'm guna enjoy reminding people of this come that time. We will go again!!!

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

I see all the trolls are out again, this is one reason I hate this forum. Yes people are entitled to an opinion but when's it's just for rises, grow up & get a life.

The league isn't won in June, it's September/October, I'm guna enjoy reminding people of this come that time. We will go again!!!

Someone's touchy

Any new stadium news, or is it still no new stadium blues?

Edited by JOS50

And it isn't won by performances like that. It's no good saying the trolls are out as it is not the first time this season that they have performed like this. The problems started when we did not get a suitable replacement for North. Yes Tungate scored well at reserve but he is not being paid as a reserve! Whenever he is in the main body of the team, he struggles & last night he was not the only one. It seems this team performs well when their tails are up (just like a robin) but when the chips are down, confidence flies out of the window. If you replace Tungate, it needs to be done now whilst he is on an artificially high average!

• Like 1