British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

Will be interesting to know where Anders Rowe goes for his first NL experience.Fingers

crossed for the lad be great if could do a Holloway, Rossiter,Hewlett and end up being good anough to be a fully fledged robin.

The night they announced he had signed a letter of intent to ride for Swindon they mentioned starting at Cradley. Not sure if that was a hope or whether there were things in place.

Seems to have them all licked. No surprise with that number?! ;-)

• Like 2

Sky have just uploaded their tv schedule for the start of September and are showing

Lakeside - Swindon on Mon Sept 12th

http://www.skysports.com/watch/speedway-on-sky

So they have not only changed their original schedule from Belle Vue - Poole they have got Lakeside to change their race schedule.

Swindon have not even got this change on their fixtures yet.

Edited by A ORLOV

Two new meetings have been added to the fixtures for August, but no details seem to be anywhere yet.

And no one of them is NOT a final farewell meeting :D

Sept 8th National League Select

Sept 15th Inter-League Challenge

Sept 8th is now Swindon Sprockets - Coventry Storm

Sept 15th PL Select, whatever that is.

Edited by A ORLOV

Sky have just uploaded their tv schedule for the start of September and are showing

Lakeside - Swindon on Mon Sept 12th

http://www.skysports.com/watch/speedway-on-sky

So they have not only changed their original schedule from Belle Vue - Poole they have got Lakeside to change their race schedule.

Swindon have not even got this change on their fixtures yet.

Swindon are still due at Lakeside on 16th September....Belle Vue v Poole on box on 12th September confirmed on Sky Speedway Twitter....the website schedule is incorrect

Swindon are still due at Lakeside on 16th September....Belle Vue v Poole on box on 12th September confirmed on Sky Speedway Twitter....the website schedule is incorrect

Bloody sky, they have nothing on the schedule site at the start of Sept then when they do put information on it it not correct.

Edited by A ORLOV

TV double header on the 16th then- World U21 final 2nd round from Paradubice live on Eurosport and Lakeside v Swindon on SKY

TV double header on the 16th then- World U21 final 2nd round from Paradubice live on Eurosport and Lakeside v Swindon on SKY

That would be good but at the moment they are not reporting showing Lakeside-Swindon

A big change tonight for any interested fans

Swindon Sprockets v Coventry Storm - an NL meeting being tried to see if there is any demand for a possible Swindon NL team in addition to EL next year.

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2763

Apologies for putting this in the EL section but it would not get noticed elsewhere.

• Like 1

I know it's bad but tonight just doesn't float my boat so i am out, or rather staying in with a good curry! Will see what next week has in store before going to that also, unsure if an Inter League Challenge stirs the loins unless it's good oppo and has the Kilb trophy involved

I'm going, after all it is speedway, something that has been lacking at Swindon on a weekly basis over the years, much like the everywhere else really.

It'll be good to see some different riders that i haven't seen ride before.

Looking forward to seeing how they cope with the fast Blunsdon track.

Tonight they said next week is the Robins team except Brady Kurtz in for Doyle v a select team consisting of Chris Harris, Sam Masters, Aaron Summers, Kyle Howarth, Kyle Newman, Ryan Douglas and Bradley Wilson Dean.

Also enjoyed tonight and the sport needs a few more Danny Ayres.

• Like 2

Makes sense to give Doyley a rest and seeing BWD at the Abbey makes it more of an attraction , should be a close meeting and although i didnt much fancy last nights meeting i would most certainly follow a competitive and fairly youthful Sprockets on a regular basis assuming reduced admission with league points and general development of riders at stake

Tonight they said next week is the Robins team except Brady Kurtz in for Doyle v a select team consisting of Chris Harris, Sam Masters, Aaron Summers, Kyle Howarth, Kyle Newman, Ryan Douglas and Bradley Wilson Dean.

Also enjoyed tonight and the sport needs a few more Danny Ayres.

Makes sense to give Doyley a rest and seeing BWD at the Abbey makes it more of an attraction , should be a close meeting and although i didnt much fancy last nights meeting i would most certainly follow a competitive and fairly youthful Sprockets on a regular basis assuming reduced admission with league points and general development of riders at stake

Anyone who did not bother going last night missed a very good meeting. There was plenty of action between the two sides and heat 6, with D Ayres and L Carr, was a race to watch time and time again, possibly a race to equal any race at Blunsdon all season.

They may have been NL riders and a couple were very young but it was as good as an EL meeting.

If that standard of racing is an example of NL lets have it next year along side EL.

Next week we have a PL select that from the line up, mentioned above, should be another very good meeting.

If others enjoyed the meeting and racing let the club or Rosco know.

• Like 1