British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

I don't think Matt Ford has decided yet :o

I think he knows full well what would be best but will as usual be outvoted by the majority of 'also-runs'!! :wink::D

• Like 1

Looks like no Jason Doyle in farewell meeting so wonder what's happened their?

Not sure. Disappointed he won't be there given his recent performances in the GP series.

Would be an excellent addition at no.1 next season in the Robins bib but it is a tad surprising, unless he has alternative commitment, that he is not riding given PK and my favourite number 1 since The St Winifred's school choir will be in attendance. :P

Not sure. Disappointed he won't be there given his recent performances in the GP series.

Would be an excellent addition at no.1 next season in the Robins bib but it is a tad surprising, unless he has alternative commitment, that he is not riding given PK and my favourite number 1 since The St Winifred's school choir will be in attendance. :P

Might be Jason's way of cooling the rumours of him coming back in 2016.

• Like 1

Hopefully Doyley and North Dakota have made-up with Rosco now...surprised he's not riding on Sunday. At least Batch will be one of the few Aussies there..

If the 2 riders over 7 point average still stands will Zengota who finished with a 7.79 average stand a chance of a team place with swindon also if not is he good enougth for any other team to take on as their 2nd heat leader.Am only asking because i have not seen him ride that often this year ie did he score most of his points at home or an even spread home and away.

If the 2 riders over 7 point average still stands will Zengota who finished with a 7.79 average stand a chance of a team place with swindon also if not is he good enougth for any other team to take on as their 2nd heat leader.Am only asking because i have not seen him ride that often this year ie did he score most of his points at home or an even spread home and away.

Zengi has been superb this season, really got going from mid-season onwards and was banging points in home and away....including 16 at Wolverhampton.

I'd take him as a second heatleader at Swindon without hesitation. But....if a choice between him and Kildemand then I'd probably opt for PK as long as he's up for a full season

• Like 1

These are his averages home and away

http://www.swindonrobins.co/statistics15.php

My liking the post earlier about building teams to a high level is because I get fed up with the top teams having to get rid of riders each year because they are successful.

• Like 1

No. He rode most of the season as a secondstring and struggled when he had to move up to heatleader, averaging only 5.45 in those five meetings.

• Like 1

With that average the only team signing Zengota will be a desperate one. He's a decent seconds strong, possibly even an ok-ish 3rd heatleader but no way will he get 7.5 with half a season as heat leader!

These are his averages home and away

http://www.swindonrobins.co/statistics15.php

My liking the post earlier about building teams to a high level is because I get fed up with the top teams having to get rid of riders each year because they are successful.

My like is a thanks for the top part.

for the second part thats ok for the top teams not so good for the other 2/3rds of the league as i have said before back in the day when they all wanted to ride over here i would have agreed with you but sadly now there are not enought riders willing to ride over here for the rest to strenghten up.

ps thank you all for your opinions re Zengota

With that average the only team signing Zengota will be a desperate one. He's a decent seconds strong, possibly even an ok-ish 3rd heatleader but no way will he get 7.5 with half a season as heat leader!

Yep thats the problem with the present heat format gives to many riders false averages

eg hans finished with an average of 6.45 having rode most of the season as an heat leader so who would be the better signing ?.

Edited by B.V 72

IMO Zengi is only going one way & that's up. Yes his average is high but the race format is to blame for that. All heatleaders dropped their averages once against each other & Zengi was at that birth when we started to struggle. I think to say that he average 5.45 in that position & judge him on that alone is harsh. He has very good equipment, is commited. Look at Magic in the UK, year on year he got better!!!!

Having watched alot of Polish speedway I can tell you that Zengi can & does beat the best in a heatleader role. I think that the format will revert back to it's previous format & that will balance out teams better otherwise you will continue to have false averages.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 4

Good to hear Rosco at Somerset tonight talking so positively about the new stadium being built at Blunsdon. He did say how frustrated he has become with the negativity surrounding the building of the new stadium. Rosco remains confident that the Robins will be in their new home in 2016, maybe not in March, but certainly soon after.