British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

WTF who bloody cares if he'd changed his mind... people actually change their minds at all sorts of things you know.

Jesus, haven't people got better things to do with their time.

The unfortunate answer to that is .........NO

• Like 1

Never believe what a rider tells you.

• Like 1

It may or may not have been correct at the time but if we are to believe Skidder1's most recent version it was far from being the whole story. Apparently, a part of his reason was that he was not offered a place at Poole but the Poole spin machine forgot to mention that aspect of the story.

Its no skin off my nose whether people believe me or not! I posted in an earlier post that Dak wasn't fussed about coming back. That included as I said only being offered a squad place in the Polish 2nd tier, quite apart from the uncertainty (at the time) of an EL place.

The fact that Rybnik, his Polish club are now very unexpectedly in the top league and offering Polish Tier 1 wages, together with his Danish contract on top, all adds to why he has changed his mind.

If people think I'm making this stuff up then theres not much I can do about it. Those that know me know that I have sponsored at Poole for many years and Swindon back in the day! (the team, riders, meetings, heats etc) and as such often get told things that the average fan might not be told - much of which I would never put on forums such as this!

Apologies Swindon fans for taking up this thread. I think Dak will do fine for you - especially if he stays as a 2nd string, as that is when he was at his most effective for Poole. :t:

Edited by Skidder1

WTF who bloody cares if he'd changed his mind... people actually change their minds at all sorts of things you know.

Jesus, haven't people got better things to do with their time.

Because maybe he never .changed his mind ....I think it's quite important seeing Poole may as of cheated last year using North dad ...and quite clearly they have used it again in there press statement last week . what we now no was clearly a lie .

It people want to talk about that then let them if you don't then fair enough but don't tell others what to do ..after all we don't want you to used up your valuable time .

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

Apologies Swindon fans for taking up this thread. I think Dak will do fine for you - especially if he stays as a 2nd string, as that is when he was at his most effective for Poole. :t:

We know that - he rode for us first before being tempted then dumped by Poole :wink:

• Like 2

Its no skin off my nose whether people believe me or not! I posted in an earlier post that Dak wasn't fussed about coming back. That included as I said only being offered a squad place in the Polish 2nd tier, quite apart from the uncertainty (at the time) of an EL place.

The fact that Rybnik, his Polish club are now very unexpectedly in the top league and offering Polish Tier 1 wages, together with his Danish contract on top, all adds to why he has changed his mind.

If people think I'm making this stuff up then theres not much I can do about it. Those that know me know that I have sponsored at Poole for many years and Swindon back in the day! (the team, riders, meetings, heats etc) and as such often get told things that the average fan might not be told - much of which I would never put on forums such as this!

My point, which I thought was clear, is that the original story was that North wasn't going to ride here in 2016 because he wanted to look after his Dad, it then transpired he was riding here and the story changed to he was only riding here because he had been offered contacts in a number of European leagues and the offers are too good to turn down. Today, you tell us that part of the reason he wasn't going to ride here was because Poole hadn't offered him a contract.

All of these reasons could well be true. My point is that today is the first time we have heard about the role Poole played in his decision making. Hence my point about the spin put on the story, trying to make it look as if it was wholly to do with concern for his father or, the lure of lucrative contacts and nothing to do with Poole not wanting him.

Coincidentally, putting the sole reason as caring for his father supported Poole's actions in the play offs and some may think that was the reason for the spin.

• Like 7

Because maybe he never .changed his mind ....I think it's quite important seeing Poole may as of cheated last year using North dad ...and quite clearly they have used it again in there press statement last week . what we now no was clearly a lie .

Tell you what Orion, as you will have all the time in the world now Dak is back riding with you, why don't you ask him personally how his dad is and what happened..

Tell you what Orion, as you will have all the time in the world now Dak is back riding with you, why don't you ask him personally how his dad is and what happened..

What does it matter ? what we do know is what ever happened North does not feel that is was bad enough to go back last year and now not bad enough to stop him from riding over here this year .

So you can draw two things from that one if was never that bad or two you must think he is a terrible person for not looking after or caring about dad ......Get Matt to give you his number and you can give him a piece of your mind (sorry hold that thought as you have not got any to give ) and you can tell him what a rotter he is .

Edited by orion

What does it matter ? what we do know is what ever happened North does not feel that is was bad enough to go back last year and now not bad enough to stop him from riding over here this year .

Your the one continually calling Matt and Dak a liar. Nows your chance to put the record straight, Hmm.

Your the one continually calling Matt and Dak a liar. Nows your chance to put the record straight, Hmm.

really?that do surprise me, hes called me a liar to on here, yet never backed it up!!! or apologised

• Like 2

really?that do surprise me, hes called me a liar to on here, yet never backed it up!!! or apologised

Ang on, hes still thinking about his reply...

• Like 1

think hes contacting BW to help him out!!!

Problem is mate, he wouldn't do it because he's frightened of being proven wrong.

• Like 1

Problem is mate, he wouldn't do it because he's frightened of being proven wrong.

All my god what a Whoosh ...and Colin Mills is so thick he likes the post :rofl: no wonder you two are know on here as Dumb and Dumber :P

Basically the story is..

Dak is yet another rider that gets dumped by Poole...

To back up their rather ridiculous excuses for replacing him in the PO's, supposed ITK Poole fans create a smokescreen stating that Dak will stay at home to look after his dad during 2016.

According to said Poole supporters he would prefer do this rather than progress his promising career... :rofl:

Surprise, surprise, other clubs want him and so he signs for them...

At least 3 offers from the EL, together with various other foreign deals..

What a big load of bollocks the Poole spin is :t::t::D

• Like 2