British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

Good positive news on the new stadium.

In the meantime, Rosco must have overdone it on the ski slopes last week - he's off to hospital for a hernia op now!! Get well soon Al.

We just have to hope the plans are genuinely designed to address the requirements and not another attempt to buy more time and ultimately just lay blame at the councils door.

The stadium or Rosco's hernia?

I'd put my money on Roscoes hernia.

Do they still reckon it will be ready for July???

Absolutely no chance.

• Like 3

Absolutely no chance.

He didn't say which year - so July IS possible - just not 2016 :rofl:

• Like 1

He didn't say which year - so July IS possible - just not 2016 :rofl:

Yeah true, but in my opinion July 2017 won't be too far off the mark.

Looks like El Tel now realising it won't be ready this season. Latest soundbite is May start for build.

I couldn't give a stuff when it gets built, as long as it does.

• Like 1

Even if it does get built, how long will it be before local residents are complaining about the noise? It seems stupid to me that they didn't look for an alternative site & build on the whole site. Why not approach Lee Power, as he has said that they will not need all of the Four Oaks golf site for their new training ground. Possibly room to fit in a stadium which would be well away from houses!

Even if it does get built, how long will it be before local residents are complaining about the noise? It seems stupid to me that they didn't look for an alternative site & build on the whole site. Why not approach Lee Power, as he has said that they will not need all of the Four Oaks golf site for their new training ground. Possibly room to fit in a stadium which would be well away from houses!

TWELVE Oaks near Highworth is a massive site...used to use the Driving Range there. My missus said she ain't going again until the new stadium is built, probably quite a few that attended The El Tel Farewell feel that way...may have to wait a bloody long time then!

If you close down and stop racing, then try and resume it will only take one complaint, then you've had it. How long can you stay at the Abbey for ?

Apparently in the past more people have been complaining about the speaker system from the dogs than the noise from the speedway, probably due to the number of days of the week they run.

Not sure if the same number of fans from Swindon who attend would travel to Highworth for every meeting, even more might pick and choose the meetings they attend than did last year.