British Speedway Forum

I have only seen him once at Ashfield were he didn't complete a race albeit he had never ridden there before judging by his scores in the NL there has been good progress made as the season progressed.

Late starter to the sport but seems capable at his level as finishing 2nd in the NL riders championship proved.

Difference in riding NL and PL is the tracks nearly every NL track is pretty slick or very slick just to help the mid range riders that would struggle to turn on a grippy trap think that's why he struggled to turn the bike at Glasgow but can see him getting to grips with the pl tracks pretty quick

Big Dan in action (in white)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyIqAGreZPc

oh yes the ride he knocked off Owen! Watch out for his mechanic he's a bit of a hot head according to him all of us at Eastbourne are effing c's

Edited by Alex2000

oh yes the ride he knocked off Owen! Watch out for his mechanic he's a bit of a hot head according to him all of us at Eastbourne are effing c's

Looks like he never touched him at all Marc left the door open for him after making a mistake coming out bend 4 and he passed cleanly

• Like 1

see Victor Palovaara is looking for a UK team next year on Twitter. Lot of potential. Thought he would have made bigger strides in 2015.

Looks like he never touched him at all Marc left the door open for him after making a mistake coming out bend 4 and he passed cleanly

Different views where i stood. Still Daniel Spiller did the same move and was excluded for it. Moggo fell when he did it. Still I think he needs a mechanic with a longer fuse, he's way to easy to wind up!

see Victor Palovaara is looking for a UK team next year on Twitter. Lot of potential. Thought he would have made bigger strides in 2015.

Just one of those ones where average wise he was on shaky ground for 2016. Definately has a ton of potential and I hope he does well for whoever get him next season. He rides for a big Swedish side though, I thought he would cut out the UK maybe and go all continental.

Apologies for hijacking the thread and if you've seen this but was looking for videos of Danny and found this video of one of the best heats of Speedway ever :D Kent vs Heathens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cMxgC4UkjY

Different views where i stood. Still Daniel Spiller did the same move and was excluded for it. Moggo fell when he did it. Still I think he needs a mechanic with a longer fuse, he's way to easy to wind up!

Camera never lies lol

Camera never lies lol

Where were you stood then, Eastbourne sea front! The video clearly shows Owen fell off well after Danny had gone passed him.

Where were you stood then, Eastbourne sea front! The video clearly shows Owen fell off well after Danny had gone passed him.

i agree with that COMmEnT after seeing the video .

No, I was stood in the middle of the town centre, its the best viewing point! Still good luck to him I like him as a rider other than that what was a debatable incident had you been there to see how people reacted. Assume he is still going to Kent as well after what Len silver said to the BSPA

Difference in riding NL and PL is the tracks nearly every NL track is pretty slick or very slick just to help the mid range riders that would struggle to turn on a grippy trap think that's why he struggled to turn the bike at Glasgow but can see him getting to grips with the pl tracks pretty quick

If he's used to slick tracks, he will feel right at home at Ashfield - I just hope he can gate. I doubt, however that an ex motocrosser will enjoy slick tracks.

Are you sure you had the right race link? Rider in white had passed red about 20 minutes (slight exxageration) before red became unsettled and dropped it. Inexperience - red did not expect the move and did not have a Plan B - he'll learn with a bit more racing.

Interesting choice - have to say he did impress me when he rode in a few meetings at Redcar - possibly one of the new riders with greatest potential to improve, but maybe starting behind a few of the others.

Who D Ayres wins???

• Like 2

Whatever else Danny doesn't do next year at Glasgow, he will always give 100% effort in every race.

He rode against us ( Exeter Falcons 2015 ) in a challenge v. a Cradley Select at Somerset and was their matchwinner, frankly.

We then had him in our team against a Somerset Select later. He had two broken chains which restricted his scoring, but his efforts in heats 13 and 15 won him the "Most Entertaining Rider" award.

Good luck Danny !! :t:

• Like 5

Whatever else Danny doesn't do next year at Glasgow, he will always give 100% effort in every race.

He rode against us ( Exeter Falcons 2015 ) in a challenge v. a Cradley Select at Somerset and was their matchwinner, frankly.

We then had him in our team against a Somerset Select later. He had two broken chains which restricted his scoring, but his efforts in heats 13 and 15 won him the "Most Entertaining Rider" award.

Good luck Danny !! :t:

sounds like just the type of rider that wins the fans over

know nothing about the guy but will try and keep a eye on his progress through the year

sounds like just the type of rider that wins the fans over

know nothing about the guy but will try and keep a eye on his progress through the year

Seen him many times this year at NL level (am an Eastbourne fan) and Ayres is always great vaue. A 100% trier who favours the outside line, gets dogs abuse at Eastbourne but gives as good as he gets. He'll fall off a few times sure, but he's a racer.

• Like 3