British Speedway Forum

Its been a great season which I have thoroughly enjoyed and hopefully a lot more to come.

So who has done enough to wear the stripes next year?

Richard Lawson - As has been pointed out there are very few better within the league but a wee end of season dip in form is a bit concerning and his Armadale form is patchy which like it or not has to be a consideration - See you next year

Victor Palovaara - 9th in the World at Under 21 level, Junior of the year in Sweden but have to say flatters to deceive for Glasgow. Has been pretty poor since his ankle knock and we may have got our value out of him this year- Not for next year

Nick Morris - Tough year for Nick started so well then the injuries to Darcy and his elbow knock have slowed his progress. Doesn't hide the fact that he doesn't like the Ashfield track. Has busted a gut for the Tigers but with a team already too strong I think he will be the heatleader to make way - Not for next year

Kauko Nieminen - Would imagine that he wouldn't fancy a full season, so great to have him back lovely guy but - Not for next year

Aaron Summers - Has become the man at Glasgow which probably wasn't expected but is riding with speed and confidence. Think there would be a riot if he wasn't back - See you next year

James Sarjeant - Great wee guy who seems to like the club, has done all that was expected of him this year. Can he overcome the witchhunt and keep progressing? You would like to think so but awkward average, don't know, his fate may depend on the British reserve rules for next year - Not for next year.

Hynek Stichauer - Very attractive average but I think conference changes will force him out - Not for next year.

So weird to dismantle a team that has finished 3rd and reached a cup final but there you go.

Who will come in?

This is just a wishlist as I have no idea about averages and building teams but riders who have impressed me at Ashfield this year or who I think would provide entertainment are:

Nico Covatti

Jonas B Andersen

Jack Holder

Richie Worrall

Anders Thomsen

Ben Barker

Josh Grajczonek

Would also love to see one of the new breed of Polish wonderkids but we would need a change of race day for that :(

Have to feel that Glasgow are now an attractive proposition for riders with big crowds, great sponsors, top class pits\showers! and no danger of not getting paid.

So we will see what comes down the chimney!

What are your thoughts troops?

Edited by Fingersfin
  • Like 2

Jack Holder will more than likely stay down South..................

RP

Summers and Lawson will be back though Lawson seems to be doing everything not to start at No1 next year! Cant see any of the others returning. I would park Victor for a season and let him develop back in Sverige. Kauko was just a stop gap and i would happily thank Sarjeant for his efforts and see him off the premises.

Lots have still to become known ie will the reserves have to be from the NL and what race night Glasgow may change to.

Jack Holder will more than likely stay down South..................

RP

He may well do but you never know if the Wonga is attractive enough, It is riders like Jack we need to be bringing in young enthusiastic and with bag's off potential.

How exciting to have him and bring our own asset in Anders Thomsen back now that would be worth watching.

• Like 1

He may well do but you never know if the Wonga is attractive enough, It is riders like Jack we need to be bringing in young enthusiastic and with bag's off potential.

How exciting to have him and bring our own asset in Anders Thomsen back now that would be worth watching.

Doesn't Jack Holders visa mean he has to stay at Plymouth I'm sure I read something along the lines of that earlier this year
  • Like 1

Doesn't Jack Holders visa mean he has to stay at Plymouth I'm sure I read something along the lines of that earlier this year

Don't know about that the point i was making is that we need to bring in young hungry rider's with the hunger & potential to up there game would love to see Jack in a tigers bib but you may be right in what you say.

Holder has a 7 point average so he can switch teams.

Id love too see this around ashfield on a sunday

Richard Lawson

Lykke

jonas b anderson

Palm Toft

Aaron summers

Sissis

Hall

Silly me thought Glasgow were still racing THIS season, Lets not get to ahead of ourselves.

• Like 1

I heard way in April/May that Glasgow had been flooded with offers from other riders wanting to ride for us in 2016. I kinda hope we also try and move the race day, Sundays suit me fine but the racing we had at the night time meetings we're much better, i assume thats why the floodlights were put in but i might be wrong.

As for who i'd keep and like in the team for next year, Summers and Lawson for defo, i'd love to have Josh back and maybe get Richie Worrall he seems to ride our place well.

I heard way in April/May that Glasgow had been flooded with offers from other riders wanting to ride for us in 2016. I kinda hope we also try and move the race day, Sundays suit me fine but the racing we had at the night time meetings we're much better, i assume thats why the floodlights were put in but i might be wrong.

As for who i'd keep and like in the team for next year, Summers and Lawson for defo, i'd love to have Josh back and maybe get Richie Worrall he seems to ride our place well.

But what night, Friday is a no no with Edinburgh racing the same night. Saturday`s are a possibility, but with Workington and hopefully Berwick already racing on that night, would the BSPA want another Saturday night track up north as it helpful for the southern tracks to fit in fixtures on northern tours the way the things are now.

• Like 1

But what night, Friday is a no no with Edinburgh racing the same night. Saturday`s are a possibility, but with Workington and hopefully Berwick already racing on that night, would the BSPA want another Saturday night track up north as it helpful for the southern tracks to fit in fixtures on northern tours the way the things are now.

Really depends on how deep our owners want to dig there heels on a change to race day we shall find out soon enough.

Your totally right but from what i've witnessed this year the owners will do whatever is best for the business. for example, I'm sure they would get more of the hospitality boxes booked out if they were racing at night at the weekend.