British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Cradley 2016

Does this suggest that it was purely down to money they were prepared to close the Heathens down? Nothing suprises me in speedway anymore!!

(Probably)make money at Monmore or (almost certainly)lose money at Perry Barr.Sounds sensible to move back.What's wrong with making money?

Nothing wrong with making money it's just that they were prepared to walk away and close the club--don't get me wrong i'll be delighted with Cradleys continued existence and rivalry but it seems that money was there only concern in my eyes.

Assuming cradley play by the rules of paying £10 a point then I can't see how they don't make money with the crowds size. If Buxton and stoke can run on very low attendances it makes no sense that cradley is not financially viable.

Assuming cradley play by the rules of paying £10 a point then I can't see how they don't make money with the crowds size. If Buxton and stoke can run on very low attendances it makes no sense that cradley is not financially viable.

Maybe it is not if any profit needs to be split three ways and it is felt that the amount isn't enough when shared around. I can't speak for Stoke but at Buxton we are not taking a wage from the club hence why our definition of financially viable is lower than others.

Not a fan of racing at Buxton and especially after an incident a few years ago involving Ashley Morris when the start Marshall was totally out of order,however I've continued to go when the heathens are there and reading jaynes comments il continue to go when we are there and will make an effort to go even if we fold.nice to hear that some run speedway for the love of it.thumbs up to all at buxton

• Like 1

I enjoy my trips to Buxton is brilliant there, really nice place to visit and have a walk about on the Peak District! And you can stand 3 foot from the track which always excites me!

Nothing wrong with the place IMO

Maybe it is not if any profit needs to be split three ways and it is felt that the amount isn't enough when shared around. I can't speak for Stoke but at Buxton we are not taking a wage from the club hence why our definition of financially viable is lower than others.

and tony atkin cleans all your windows for free

Does this suggest that it was purely down to money they were prepared to close the Heathens down? Nothing suprises me in speedway anymore!!

No. They said (the three of them) didn't have the time because of other commitments . Only two of them was allowed in at Perry Barr. Thats a 1/3 of the match day work load being done by the other 2. I'm sure if the work load could have been spread 3 ways at Perry Barr i wouldn't have typing this & we would all have been looking forward to next season without any worries .

• Like 1

See max clegg has resigned for the monarch will he be riding NL next year as well

As elite and pl

Not a fan of racing at Buxton ...

The only place where you pay for speedway and if you stand in the right place you get to see stock car/banger/hot rod action over at the "neighbours" too.

The only place where you pay for speedway and if you stand in the right place you get to see stock car/banger/hot rod action over at the "neighbours" too.

Not been up to see kent but have watched a few meetings from the stock car track when I ve been up there for big banger meetings. Lol

Not been up to see kent but have watched a few meetings from the stock car track when I ve been up there for big banger meetings. Lol

sounds like it had nothing to do with money or frustration over no track to me. more like some problems with drury/ birmingham or with perry bar and the 'too busy else where' was just an excuse. i know it's all if's and but's atm but does anyone know if monmore did have dog racing on tuesdays this year which was the original reason for cradley leaving or will they have a change of race night aswell. i guess the truth will come out when things are settled but if it does come off heathens v brummies next year is going to be a belter and if it's on a tuesday i won't miss it.

it's like stoke only nicer. you can park the car around the track if it's really bitter or you're not feeling up to scratch and enjoy the racing from behind your own windscreen only getting out to go and get one of those roasted pulled pork baps or two ?

Cradley do not pay £10 a point can you really see clegg Williamson and greaves on 10 & 10?