British Speedway Forum
oleoleole

British Tv Rights For Sgp & Swc ?

Don't cry about it get over it

I know gotta make you laugh, I am happy with the news The TV companies could of just said stuff this and done away with it completely but along comes BT Sport and they have made the high bid and sealed the deal for an extra three years.

Good post except sympathizing with the peasants

What a waste of Oxygen you are. Edited by phillipsr

I think sports channels in UK are overpriced. I have a satellite motorised dish and subscribe to NSport, TVP Sport, and others in Poland This year on 1st April my viewing card was topped up for the six month speedway season, this cost around £28 and that was for the whole 6 months,

its legal to view the streams due to running xmbc, why would amazon risk selling illegal devices? The dodgy part is running xmbc on a jailbroken device, normally you pay for that programme, but jailbroken, you don't, its already on the tv box, you pay for the broadband to watch the stream, and you pay for the tv box. Nothing illegal about it at all

xbmc isn't illegal. Owning a computer isn't illegal. Watching illegal streams is illegal.

I am pretty lucky with this, sorted BT sports a couple of years ago for the baseball coverage. It's a pain that every 3 years we go through the same thing.

Still hacked off about Top Gear !!

Watch Dave it's free to view and Top Gear is always on

Along with steamcleaner promotions

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 1

My lads got one of the box things so im OK to go over and watch bt sport but a word of warning,if you lose the stream you have to know what your doing.it looks easy if you have a brain cell and know a bit about streams and technology so that's me out.i can only watch if he stays in the house.lol.also you need a good internet speed which I can't get but he can even though we live in the same street!

Google it mate, its not difficult to understand, lots of different boxes with different addons to improve the viewing, like I said previously, a strong broadband connection is vital, but other bits n bobs will improve the picture quality, simple things like the positioning of your wifi box, Ethernet connection, turn off other items using your wifi, like phones, tablets etc while watching the live stream, quality of processor in your tv, and the stream itself needs to be good as well, not a case of pressing 401 granted, but im sure we can put up with setting the box up to work right, and for 2/3 hours of the event we are watching once or twice a week, we can deal with the ordeal!

xbmc isn't illegal. Owning a computer isn't illegal. Watching illegal streams is illegal.

I stand corrected, you are spot on.

Do you know anything about VPN, google it if you don't ;)

I remember back in the day before digital tv, you had analogue tv boxes, ntl (before it was virgin) was easy to watch all the channels for free, "my mate" had a chipped ntl analogue tv box for years! £4.99 a month he paid for 5 years or so, and got every single channel going. All the ppv boxing events, even the "adult channels"! Just to have a look and to see whats available, go onto ebay, and search sky f5 box, then google the correct model and see what you can do. A few of my other mates have got these f5 boxes! Iv never really looked into getting one myself, seems a bit too naughty tbh, but they are out there, and pretty simple to set up

I think sports channels in UK are overpriced. I have a satellite motorised dish and subscribe to NSport, TVP Sport, and others in Poland This year on 1st April my viewing card was topped up for the six month speedway season, this cost around £28 and that was for the whole 6 months,

That's more like it on price for product, same as everything here though isn't it, a complete p*** take. Iv had enough of it

Edited by mrlincolncity

Are you for real? Try reading the thread to understand what has been posted. It will cost Sky subscribers £20 a month EXTRA to watch the GP's and that is a huge increase on the already extortionate price for having Sky Sports.

Yes I am for real.

One of the more interesting aspects of the GP`s and SWC going to BT sport could be the commentary situation-as we all know Eurosport used the world feed provided by BSI. will BT want to use their own commentary team ?? I believe that Pearson and Tatum had to obtain SKY`S permission to continue the work after SKY`s exit 3 years ago. SKY might not be so happy with them appearing on BT.

Isn't Darren Fletcher a speedway man?

that doesn`t answer the fact that Nigel and kelvin`s contracts with SKY might stop them working for rival UK broadcasters-hence my point about them having to get permission to carry on with the GP`S when Eurosport got the contract.

The SEC is a pan-European contract so every chance Eurosport will keep that- doesn`t automatically mean that British Eurosport will show it- but I would think they would.

The SEC deal is with Eurosport Poland - quelle surprise ;-) If that stays the same it should get pan-European coverage again unlike the SGP/SWC.

Stepping aside from the rather ill-informed debate about paying for services (apart from saying if Sky hadn't overpriced their service to rip off football fans it wouldn't be that much of a problem to pay the price of a league match a month to watch the SGP/SWC), the arrival of BT Sport in speedway could be a very important day for the sport. The approach is far more laid-back and intelligent than Sky's rather formal, US style (bland presenters, sharp suits, stare at the camera while making your point very directly to make sure the stupid punters understand) and could do a hell of a lot to raise the sport's profile out of the relentless hype that we have seen up to now.

Some of their work in football - the European coverage in particular is very BBC in style.

On the other hand, would quality coverage suit a downmarket, often squalid sport like ours?

Edited by rmc

The SEC deal is with Eurosport Poland - quelle surprise ;-) If that stays the same it should get pan-European coverage again unlike the SGP/SWC.

Stepping aside from the rather ill-informed debate about paying for services (apart from saying if Sky hadn't overpriced their service to rip off football fans it wouldn't be that much of a problem to pay the price of a league match a month to watch the SGP/SWC), the arrival of BT Sport in speedway could be a very important day for the sport. The approach is far more laid-back and intelligent than Sky's rather formal, US style (bland presenters, sharp suits, stare at the camera while making your point very directly to make sure the stupid punters understand) and could do a hell of a lot to raise the sport's profile out of the relentless hype that we have seen up to now.

Some of their work in football - the European coverage in particular is very BBC in style.

On the other hand, would quality coverage suit a downmarket, often squalid sport like ours?

You really do think your s**t doesn't stink don't you,

• Like 2

At least BT sport have jumped in with the "pinnacle of the sport " and 2016 should be a really exciting series. I think they would be sensible to use commentators who are track based and cannot see them flying people around Europe to duplicate the Pearson/Tatum combination-who I believe do a really great job with the GP`s . I`m not convinced however that there would not be a problem with the SKY bosses over them popping up on BT sport.

Edited by racers and royals

In a few days time I am out of contract for landline-broadband so I took the opportunity of going to PlusNet with 18 months free b.band (the £10m).

This gives me the option of going with BT Sport 4 channels on a monthly contract thro my Sky box subscription, this will cost £10pm (but monthly contract).

Option to see Moto GP and Speedway GP probably over a 10month season for £80.

As the wife decided (yes I know) we not going to Cardiff in 2016 £80 spent with PlusNet/BT is a good compromise.

• Like 1

In a few days time I am out of contract for landline-broadband so I took the opportunity of going to PlusNet with 18 months free b.band (the £10m).

This gives me the option of going with BT Sport 4 channels on a monthly contract thro my Sky box subscription, this will cost £10pm (but monthly contract).

Option to see Moto GP and Speedway GP probably over a 10month season for £80.

As the wife decided (yes I know) we not going to Cardiff in 2016 £80 spent with PlusNet/BT is a good compromise.

Done the same, although I went for this deal

https://www.plus.net/deals/unlimited/line-only/1516affoffer7/?WT.mc_id=aff_003exv&WT.mc_id=aff_003aa

Only 12 months free broadband, but £75 cash back and only 12 month contract.

As you say though, BT sport is only £9.99 and can be added or removed when you like so will just have it April - October and cash back will pay for that.

That's not the same at all. Please feel free to continue to bang the same drum as you and your mate Hilly quite blatantly haven't read all of my posts.

ALL existing Sky (only) subscribers will HAVE to pay an extra £20 per month or change broadband provider. So nope, were not being forced to do anything at all are we?!? Is it that hard to comprehend..?

You don't have to do anything.

If you want to watch GP speedway, that is your choice.

Same as if you want to go and see Poole race, funnily enough, you pay for it. Have a pop at poor old Matt Ford for making you HAVE to do that.

Google it mate, its not difficult to understand, lots of different boxes with different addons to improve the viewing, like I said previously, a strong broadband connection is vital, but other bits n bobs will improve the picture quality, simple things like the positioning of your wifi box, Ethernet connection, turn off other items using your wifi, like phones, tablets etc while watching the live stream, quality of processor in your tv, and the stream itself needs to be good as well, not a case of pressing 401 granted, but im sure we can put up with setting the box up to work right, and for 2/3 hours of the event we are watching once or twice a week, we can deal with the ordeal!

I stand corrected, you are spot on.

Do you know anything about VPN, google it if you don't ;)

I remember back in the day before digital tv, you had analogue tv boxes, ntl (before it was virgin) was easy to watch all the channels for free, "my mate" had a chipped ntl analogue tv box for years! £4.99 a month he paid for 5 years or so, and got every single channel going. All the ppv boxing events, even the "adult channels"! Just to have a look and to see whats available, go onto ebay, and search sky f5 box, then google the correct model and see what you can do. A few of my other mates have got these f5 boxes! Iv never really looked into getting one myself, seems a bit too naughty tbh, but they are out there, and pretty simple to set up

That's more like it on price for product, same as everything here though isn't it, a complete p*** take. Iv had enough of it

Meanwhile others end up paying more because of scroungers, or more accurately I should say thieves, like yourself who want everything handed to them on a plate for free..

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 3

Done the same, although I went for this deal

https://www.plus.net/deals/unlimited/line-only/1516affoffer7/?WT.mc_id=aff_003exv&WT.mc_id=aff_003aa

Only 12 months free broadband, but £75 cash back and only 12 month contract.

As you say though, BT sport is only £9.99 and can be added or removed when you like so will just have it April - October and cash back will pay for that.

Were do you get BT sport at £9.99 ??

I can only see stand alone for Sky Subscribers without broadband ot tv its £19.99 or £23.99 for HD ?

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/bt-sport-on-sky-packages?s_intcid=con_sportoverview_to_skyonly

Am i missing a deal ??

Were do you get BT sport at £9.99 ??

I can only see stand alone for Sky Subscribers without broadband ot tv its £19.99 or £23.99 for HD ?

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/bt-sport-on-sky-packages?s_intcid=con_sportoverview_to_skyonly

Am i missing a deal ??

You need to be a Plusnet broadband customer.

See Plusnet website here - choose Sky Digital Satelite Platformv option, not Youview.

https://www.plus.net/tv/btsport/