British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hackneyrocket

Raiders 2016

Good signing, i think he is a Rye House asset anyway,,will fit in well with the other lads ,,,Does that now mean Woods will drop to reserve when the injured lad returns,, or is it him who can not be fitted in on the points limit any one know ??

Don't get the Woods signing during the winter. He's a 3 pointer and will stay a 3 pointer. His bike looks slow when he manages to stay on it. He's been around for a while, what is he, mid 20's?

I'd rather see a younger rider given a chance who's more likely to improve. Woods won't.

• Like 2

Even so, still probably a slightly better bet at Birmingham than Kenny Bowdery at this stage.

You'd like to think so but seeing as Bowdery announced that he'd signed for Birmingham during the winter I would've thought that he would be a better bet than Locke. That's simply if it's down to the team's choice.

I never get the obsession with age. By all means sign riders that will improve but not too young and when they are clearly not ready. It's not like clubs or riders are loyal anyway so it's unlikely a rider if any age will be around for more than a few seasons. Danny Ayres started in his late twenties for example and continues to improve. The issue with woods ( poor machinery aside) is that he has made no progression regardless of what ages he is.

Edited by Sings4Kings
  • Like 1

I never get the obsession with age. By all means sign riders that will improve but not too young and when they are clearly not ready. It's not like clubs or riders are loyal anyway so it's unlikely a rider if any age will be around for more than a few seasons. Danny Ayres started in his late twenties for example and continues to improve. The issue with woods ( poor machinery aside) is that he has made no progression regardless of what ages he is.

It's not the age so much, Woods has been around far longer than Ayres and yet Ayres is the guy riding PL now, you've either got it in you or you haven't in some cases I guess.

Seems a strange move to bring in Hopwood for what will be two meetings, i dont confess to know all the rules but if you have the highest average rider in the league cant you replace him with any available rider.

Is there also something about the cups meaning Rob would be prevented from riding on the sun 24th.

Junior

I'd have left it as it is personally, pick of the guests for the meetings Rob would miss, obvious choice would be Bowen at home, he's taken a booking for Eastbourne tonight too so he was available, I'm sure he'd have scored more at Birmingham than he will at Lynn too.

On Bowen how the hell he can get into the National league on an 8+ average after spending his career in the Premier beats me , I know its about the conversion rate but come on, he should have come in on a10 + ,a realistic assessment of his ability at this level ,,obviously he will be in great demand as a guest until he gets a true average

Edited by waco

Conspiracy theory is that Branford won't be taking his place in the Raiders line up and that the Hopwood signing is permanent

• Like 2

Conspiracy theory is that Branford won't be taking his place in the Raiders line up and that the Hopwood signing is permanent

If branflake hasn't made it over yet , I would think it's not too wild a conspiracy , when you consider he has a girlfriend and child to provide for . he probably signed thinking he was getting a premier league teamplace somewhere as well , and he hasnt as far as i know , would be a major struggle to live off NL pay alone .

• Like 1

If branflake hasn't made it over yet , I would think it's not too wild a conspiracy , when you consider he has a girlfriend and child to provide for . he probably signed thinking he was getting a premier league teamplace somewhere as well , and he hasnt as far as i know , would be a major struggle to live off NL pay alone .

Sounds about right. Just think it's a really strange signing for what would be only two meetings.

Interesting theory Shads presume that would free up points to strengthen the bottom end should that prove to be the case ..Have you heard something or is that a speculative thought,????? ---you are not obliged to answer that question..

Sounds about right. Just think it's a really strange signing for what would be only two meetings.

Of course ben is at a loose end having been dropped from IOW , and raiders tail end is seriously long , is it possible that within a few weeks both Branford and Hopwwod would fit , Not much good with averages TBH , but Hopwood has nothing to lose and this could be part of a longterm plan ??

Hopwood was dropped by Eagles who wanted perks who was dropped from IoW

Edited by Al3x200
  • Like 1

..All sorts of speculation is now on the cards..

Edited by waco

Of course ben is at a loose end having been dropped from IOW , and raiders tail end is seriously long , is it possible that within a few weeks both Branford and Hopwwod would fit , Not much good with averages TBH , but Hopwood has nothing to lose and this could be part of a longterm plan ??

From what i can see even if Rye dropped Priest, & Woods + the leftover points they still couldn't fit Branford & Hopwood in the same side.

There were rumours previously that Branford was due to feature in the Rockets team before a change of heart by the promoters? Perhaps this is just his way of sticking 2 fingers up at them?