British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2016

I think Holder maybe in the team as I would have thought he would have already been announced in the Plymouth line up if he was returning as he had a 3 year work permit. I can see him on loan from Poole with Josh returning on a full transfer as part of the Brady deal.

I think the team could well be as RebelRebel posted a few pages back:

1. Josh Grajczonek 8.50
2. Paul Starke 6.00
3. Charles Wright 6.89
4. Jack Holder 7.10
5. Rohan Tungate 7.74
6. Ollie Greenwood 3.00
7. Zach Wajtknecht 3.00

However I would personally prefer a more experienced reserve to take the pressure off the 3 pointer I do not think it is in the riders long term interests to put so much pressure on two 3 point riders together.

Not sure if these riders have retired or not riding next year but I would swap one of the 3 point reserves for Richie Hawkins on I think 3.34 and replace Holder to come under the limit with Kauko Nieminen on 6.6 (if correct from Glasgow 2015 thread) as he is a more experienced than the touted Kyle Howarth on 6.98.

If they are going with two 3 point reserves and Holder is not in the team then Matei Kus on 7.13 is a classy rider to have but it is probably more cost effective having Kyle Howarth.

• Like 1

I think Holder maybe in the team as I would have thought he would have already been announced in the Plymouth line up if he was returning as he had a 3 year work permit. I can see him on loan from Poole with Josh returning on a full transfer as part of the Brady deal.

1. Josh Grajczonek 8.50

2. Paul Starke 6.00

3. Charles Wright 6.89

4. Jack Holder 7.10

5. Rohan Tungate 7.74

6. Ollie Greenwood 3.00

7. Zach Wajtknecht 3.00

However I would personally prefer a more experienced reserve to take the pressure off the 3 pointer I do not think it is in the riders long term interests to put so much pressure on two 3 point riders together.

Not sure if these riders have retired or not riding next year but I would swap one of the 3 point reserves for Richie Hawkins on I think 3.34 and replace Holder to come under the limit with Kauko Nieminen on 6.6 (if correct from Glasgow 2015 thread) as he is a more experienced than the touted Kyle Howarth on 6.98.

If they are going with two 3 point reserves and Holder is not in the team then Matei Kus on 7.13 is a classy rider to have but it is probably more cost effective having Kyle Howarth.

would like this team here think Zach and Ollie could be OK, And Zach is making good progress so far even if premier is big step up and Ollie riding for Buxton would help him Edited by coomie

Nieminen was also useless for Glasgow - so we'll stay well clear of him.

Really? I would like to see how you came to that conclusion as he only rode 1 meeting last year before being injured! I would suspect he may end up at Leicester as they are lacking riders but he is a steal on a sub 7 PL average.

Really? I would like to see how you came to that conclusion as he only rode 1 meeting last year before being injured! I would suspect he may end up at Leicester as they are lacking riders but he is a steal on a sub 7 PL average.

He had 7 meetings and averaged 5.23 with bonus points. I think Najjer was spot on.

He had 7 meetings and averaged 5.23 with bonus points. I think Najjer was spot on.

Thanks SCB, so he did! I had not realised he returned from his bad shoulder injury for the end of season play offs. Come to think of it he looked off the pace and unfit at the OTA in October. Still I would not discount him based on those meetings. Do those meetings count towards his rolling average if so even better ?!?!

Michael Hartel or Kai Huckenbrock would be fantastic signings around the OTA aka the sort of form Erik Riss showed.

Not sure if they would be on 5pt or 7pt average so if any uncertainty best to steer clear with Somersets track record!

I'm not sure they could commit either with their European commitments but if they were available they have plenty of promise.

1. Josh Grajczonek 8.50

2. Paul Starke 6.00

3. Charles Wright 6.89

4. Jack Holder 7.10

5. Rohan Tungate 7.74

6. Ollie Greenwood 3.00

7. Zach Wajtknecht 3.00

What a team that would be! Nigh on unbeatable around the OTA and certainly capable of winning away.

I think the the rebs will have at least one rider on an assessed average!

So do I - I think every team will... It's part of the rules to have an assessed 3.00 rider :rolleyes:

Thanks SCB, so he did! I had not realised he returned from his bad shoulder injury for the end of season play offs. Come to think of it he looked off the pace and unfit at the OTA in October. Still I would not discount him based on those meetings. Do those meetings count towards his rolling average if so even better ?!?!

He can be on whatever average he wants, if he isn't up to it anymore then that isn't any good for anyone.

• Like 1

I guess you on about robin but I'd like Pontus back to.

I did mean Robin, I assume there must be a reason Pontus hasn't been in the Uk, stunning style on a bike and racks up the points