British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2016

Worst thing about this team is if Gary May keeps changing the reserves around in a match and you have to keep writing Wajtknecht in your programme.

Well my way of remembering Josh's surname is Graj-cz-onek.

Following on in the same vane it has to be Waj-tk-necht.

There you go 'oldtimer'. You can have that one for free.

Spell checker has a nightmare on both!

• Like 1

Well my way of remembering Josh's surname is Graj-cz-onek.

Following on in the same vane it has to be Waj-tk-necht.

There you go 'oldtimer'. You can have that one for free.

Spell checker has a nightmare on both!

When I'm tweeting updates I just type in Graj and the entire name comes up. Same on here

All PL teams have priority over their number 7s. NL teams always miss out on the rider in the event of a clash.

I like the Somerset fans and promotion and thier track is definatly one of the best but this seasons team looks the poorest ive ever seen from then.

Josh G is not a huge big hitter but will do a good job.

Tungate is a third heat leader at best not someone you want at number 5 in heats 13 and 15 when you need the points.

Second strings are ok and the reserves could be anything.

Not sure this is a title winning team but one for the future

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

Jake Allen didnt make top 4 in Queensland so still needs to achieve that in another state final yet....

there are a number posting that there has indeed been a rule change back to an entry on 5.

Also seem to imply that cant drop below that starting 5.

Further more to requalify it seems that the 7 is still required as Proctors 6.68 was not sufficient and he still required the state final place?!

This is from last year's regulations for the NL, so assuming that it doesn't change for next season, it's pretty clear that in most circumstances, the PL will have priority over the NL double ups

19.9.4 Where a Rider is additionally declared in a PL and/or EL Team, the EL and/or PL Team shall have priority, except that a Rider nominated for the NLRC must appear in the NLRC.

Am an Eastbourne man so watched BWD a lot last season. Was definitely in the top 3 riders in the NL. However, he will do well to hit a 5 point average and hopefully Somerset will stay patient with him as he wont have ridden most of the away tracks.

He has loads of ability and never ever gives up so if equipment is up to scratch (the Dugards helped him immensely ) he can go a long way. Nice lad too.

Am an Eastbourne man so watched BWD a lot last season. Was definitely in the top 3 riders in the NL. However, he will do well to hit a 5 point average and hopefully Somerset will stay patient with him as he wont have ridden most of the away tracks.

He has loads of ability and never ever gives up so if equipment is up to scratch (the Dugards helped him immensely ) he can go a long way. Nice lad too.

According to his old man he's being supplied with new kit so it should be ok

I spoke with young Bradley at a local Auckland meeting last weekend, he seems very excited about riding in the premier league and said he has 2 new bikes, 3 new engines, and will return to the UK before Christmas to start preparing for the new season.

Quite good mates with him from his time at eastbourne, he may start slowly at somerset but he never ever gives up and will give it 100% every race he will become a fans favourite at somerset i guarantee it. Such a cool lad loves talking to all the fans, the dugards will continue to help him this season so i trust he will be flying come mid season. I think he will be just over his 5 average by the end of the season.

Quite good mates with him from his time at eastbourne, he may start slowly at somerset but he never ever gives up and will give it 100% every race he will become a fans favourite at somerset i guarantee it. Such a cool lad loves talking to all the fans, the dugards will continue to help him this season so i trust he will be flying come mid season. I think he will be just over his 5 average by the end of the season.

I only got to see him in action twice but he's certainly a trier and I think once he settles in he will do really well. He had a photo with me and my grand daughter at a meeting in Swindon that he was watching and he chatted to us for about 20 minutes, not many speedway riders would give an old man and his grand daughter the time of day.. A really nice young lad I wish him all the best.

• Like 1