British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2016

Friday, July 8th. 6pm, I was told.

So the night before Cardiff then.

Friday, July 8th. 6pm, I was told.

Unlikely to be 6pm i think , maybe 7pm as that is the usual start time the council allow for this meeting.

stop worrying , you will get the pairs. maybe even get fast tracked into the final as well. therefore only riding in one race ! or maybe belle vue will get it .now thats food for thought .

Won't make much difference they would still throw it away in the final

• Like 1

Won't make much difference they would still throw it away in the final

Bit harsh imo, 50/50 decision two years ago, and a bike hitting the only bit of uneven track on the night which shot it into the fence, last year. Bad luck I would say , of which Somerset have had rather more than their fair share in important fixtures over the years .

• Like 1

Bit harsh imo, 50/50 decision two years ago, and a bike hitting the only bit of uneven track on the night which shot it into the fence, last year. Bad luck I would say , of which Somerset have had rather more than their fair share in important fixtures over the years .

Harsh but I think correct, over exuberance to blame in both instances.

Edited by Willowman
  • Like 1

Assuming he stays at number 1. It will become a bigger problem if/when Tungate's average exceeds Josh's and we're stuck with R/R.

If Tungate surpasses Josh it'll be because Josh's average has plummeted.

Harsh but I think correct, over exuberance to blame in both instances.

So it was Bradys fault his bike picked up some grip and headed for the fence. As for the Morris/ Fricke incident the general consensus amongst the crowd that day was should have probably been all four back, and ruined a great meeting, never mind in the past now. Sorry don't buy the "over exuberance" slant, opinions though.

So it was Bradys fault his bike picked up some grip and headed for the fence.

Put simply - YES!
  • Like 4

So it was Bradys fault his bike picked up some grip and headed for the fence.

Did you see anyone else on his bike as the "pilot"? ;)

• Like 3

So it was Bradys fault his bike picked up some grip and headed for the fence. As for the Morris/ Fricke incident the general consensus amongst the crowd that day was should have probably been all four back, and ruined a great meeting, never mind in the past now. Sorry don't buy the "over exuberance" slant, opinions though.

Wow, steady on there Cliffeboy; don't bust a blood vessel. Only passing on my opinion. The way I saw it was Nick went for an ever decreasing space around Fricke and had to dump it when the space ran out. I bet Fricke didn't even know he was there. As for Brady he also went for it too hard, one bend earlier than Nick and as you point out got into a spot of bother. The thing about the pairs is that you don't have to win, just not come last. If only they had backed off a little, avoided falling, chances are they both would have picked off an opponent and not come last. If not it would have been great watching them try instead of watching them walking back to the pits.

• Like 2

Cliffboy i was also at the meeting. IMO it was part Bradys nievity, he shouldn't have been where he was imo, and he's brought it on himself. But he will learn from that mistake and in the long run will make him a far better rider. Hopefully.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Wow, steady on there Cliffeboy; don't bust a blood vessel. Only passing on my opinion. The way I saw it was Nick went for an ever decreasing space around Fricke and had to dump it when the space ran out. I bet Fricke didn't even know he was there. As for Brady he also went for it too hard, one bend earlier than Nick and as you point out got into a spot of bother. The thing about the pairs is that you don't have to win, just not come last. If only they had backed off a little, avoided falling, chances are they both would have picked off an opponent and not come last. If not it would have been great watching them try instead of watching them walking back to the pits.

Not busting a blood vessel mate, just didn't see it like you, as I said , opinions. Good point though about backing off👍, not so sure about Fricke not aware he was there lol Edited by Cliffeboy

if i had left my steak in the oven a bit longer , it would have been well done .