British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2016

Zach Wajtknecht has signed for Lakeside as a club asset.

So does this mean Somerset now have priority over him this season? Seeing as it would have been the Brummies before having held him as an asset.

So does this mean Somerset now have priority over him this season? Seeing as it would have been the Brummies before having held him as an asset.

Will be the team he signed for first I'd imagine which was Brum I believe.

Will be the team he signed for first I'd imagine which was Brum I believe.

Don't believe that is correct as, even if the Rider was 'owned' by a NL club, priority was by agreement and if no agreement could be reached then priority would rest with the higher priority meeting. Now that Zach is an asset of an EL club and is riding for a PL and a NL club, then PL fixtures will have priority.

I don't believe that the Regulations provide any priority based on which club signs the Rider first.

PL fixtures always have priority over NL fixtures, regardless of who owns him and who signed him first.

• Like 3

Sure sign that the speedway season is close now that the Cheltenham Festival is in full swing.

Sure sign that the speedway season is close now that the Cheltenham Festival is in full swing.

Not for me - I've got other commitments this week and then I'm away next week so I won't be at the OTA until the Rye House LC match!

Don't believe that is correct as, even if the Rider was 'owned' by a NL club, priority was by agreement and if no agreement could be reached then priority would rest with the higher priority meeting. Now that Zach is an asset of an EL club and is riding for a PL and a NL club, then PL fixtures will have priority.

I don't believe that the Regulations provide any priority based on which club signs the Rider first.

PL fixtures always have priority over NL fixtures, regardless of who owns him and who signed him first.

That's good, the higher level of competition should have priority in all instances tbh.

All gone very quiet on the Somerset Thread.

Tonight's scheduled home meeting against Scunthorpe postponed due to a waterlogged track.

Still waters run deep !!! It's been bone dry here in Burnham on Sea all day today and yesterday , a bit of rain both nights but nothing to shout about ! I wonder !

• Like 1

Also, checking the area over the last 24hrs has given drizzle or overcast. So track could have been prepared but early call off because of forecast!!!!!!!! or something else?

Still waters run deep !!! It's been bone dry here in Burnham on Sea all day today and yesterday , a bit of rain both nights but nothing to shout about ! I wonder !

I work in Brean and we have two very heavy localised downpours in last two days on top of the deluge on Monday morning so can't say it has been that dry in the area! I drove home to Bridgwater and the roads became dry halfway home on Weds evening but BOS was virtually flooded at 6pm (Berrow Road, Oxford Street).

The promotion can't win can they sometimes? An already very wet track, a poor forecast which was likely to affect people travelling too far meaning a low attendance and then a potential 60+ points pay out against Scunny does seem a big risk to me and its not my money! It costs them much less to call it off early rather I would think than have the situation like they did a few years ago vs Plymouth when a localised cloudburst over the OTA on an otherwise sunny day saw that meeting called off with a large crowd already in the stadium and the riders etc all present.

• Like 2

The local weather forecast for Edithmead today was for thunderstorms at 11am, noon, 3pm & 6pm, so with that and the storms earlier on in the week, it's no wonder the promotion made an early call to postpone the meeting. Better that than opening the gates with potential thunderstorms throughout the day, including one due just an hour and half before start time, then having to abandon it with all the riders having travelled from various parts of the UK, and a stadium full of people.

I live further down the M5, and we have had really heavy and prolonged downpours all day, any of which would have prevented the meeting taking place, if they had happened at the OTA.

I know for a fact that the Somerset promotion don't make decision like this lightly, and if they thought that the weather was going to improve, it would have been on.

As Drew said......'Damned if you do, and Damned if you don't'

Edited by womble53
  • Like 3

just thought i would drop onto my 2nd fav site. (the other one i cant mention for reasons only known to myself ) its been a bit qt , normally you guys are up the top of the thread and going for it .

av ya enee craic fur us northern marra,s ?