British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2016

I'm wondering if we hadn't been so unlucky in the 2012 and 14 playoff finals wether we may have been top.

Care to explain how Somerset were "so unlucky" in 2014 play off final?

... gave a very interesting result considering the reactions of supporters of a certain club this year.

And if you haven't guessed it I was referring to Ipswich who have done well with 3, 7, 2, 3, 7 since they dropped.

So Glasgow have been mince most of the time!!

And if you haven't guessed it I was referring to Ipswich who have done well with 3, 7, 2, 3, 7 since they dropped.

Could be a little lower this year thou .

• Like 1

so we have been consistent....

consistently just not quite good enough.

Hence the frustrations of many on here.

• Like 1

Care to explain how Somerset were "so unlucky" in 2014 play off final?[/quote,

Played both matches without Allen or Kurtz. R/R for Brady , and guests for Allen. Summers and Kennett only managed to beat Sedgeman out of the Monarchs top 5, pretty poor show imo when you realise we only lost by one point. In the home league fixture Allen scored a max and Brady paid 13 in Edinburgh's heaviest defeat that year I believe. Still not saying we would have won with them riding before everyone starts jumping up and down, just pointing out we were unlucky. Hope that answers your question.

• Like 7

Care to explain how Somerset were "so unlucky" in 2014 play off final?[/quote,

Played both matches without Allen or Kurtz. R/R for Brady , and guests for Allen. Summers and Kennett only managed to beat Sedgeman out of the Monarchs top 5, pretty poor show imo when you realise we only lost by one point. In the home league fixture Allen scored a max and Brady paid 13 in Edinburgh's heaviest defeat that year I believe. Still not saying we would have won with them riding before everyone starts jumping up and down, just pointing out we were unlucky. Hope that answers your question.

As you were comparing the results of the League matches to the Play-Offs you should have also looked at the following also:-

Steve Worrall in the league scored 4 in the away league match & paid 13 in the home fixture whereas r/r in the Play-Offs were 2 away and paid 7 at home.

You also ignored that Oliver Allen only scored 3 in the league match at the Dale while guest Summers recorded 6.

Likewise Brady Kurtz only score paid 2 at Armadale in the League whereas r/r recorded paid 9.

Oh and by the way, the Final League Table had Edinburgh on 74pts and Somerset on 67

Hope that gives you a more balanced analysis :wink:

As you were comparing the results of the League matches to the Play-Offs you should have also looked at the following also:-

Steve Worrall in the league scored 4 in the away league match & paid 13 in the home fixture whereas r/r in the Play-Offs were 2 away and paid 7 at home.

You also ignored that Oliver Allen only scored 3 in the league match at the Dale while guest Summers recorded 6.

Likewise Brady Kurtz only score paid 2 at Armadale in the League whereas r/r recorded paid 9.

Oh and by the way, the Final League Table had Edinburgh on 74pts and Somerset on 67

Ha ha , all good points Cyclone, however the finishing points total in league are irrelevant in a play off situation , which incidentally I personally don't like. I believe that the team with the most points are the true champs. Remember I'm saying we were unlucky not you did not deserve to win, I think if you had been missing Cook and Worrell and we had been missing only Brady it would have probably been a different outcome. A bit hard to take when it also happened 2 years previous against Scunny. Surely any team that gets to a play off final and loses its No 1 for both legs twice and loses by one point is unlucky, do you not think. Never mind it's in the past, be great if we can go all the way this year and go into any final with a full side😉

• Like 1

Rebels were the side brave enough to take a chance on wilson dean on a 5av, i dont think they or him could ask for more. They are a terrific side

• Like 2

Any idea what happened in the pairs tonight ? :o

Rebels were the side brave enough to take a chance on wilson dean on a 5av, i dont think they or him could ask for more. They are a terrific side

Len Silver was very interested, but then he upped sticks and moved to Kent

Any idea what happened in the pairs tonight ? :o

everyone else lost , somerset didn't . ( the updates site must be hard to use at times for some folk )

• Like 1

everyone else lost , somerset didn't . ( the updates site must be hard to use at times for some folk )

Somerset won because they were the best team on the night, were you at the meeting?