British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2016

Pretty sure we have never signed Bradley but we have made Zach Wajknecht an asset. In the meantime you are riding against Workington this Friday, the same day as Swindon visit Lakeside in a re-arranged fixture. Do I assume they will arrive at the Arena-Essex raceway without Josh, Rohan and Charles?

I think if it is a rearranged fixture, then yes, all three riders named as riding on the Rebels website.

Edited by Buttons

Pretty sure we have never signed Bradley but we have made Zach Wajknecht an asset. In the meantime you are riding against Workington this Friday, the same day as Swindon visit Lakeside in a re-arranged fixture. Do I assume they will arrive at the Arena-Essex raceway without Josh, Rohan and Charles?

Pretty much exactly what Buttons has said already. If it was an original fixture in the calender then Rohan and Charles would be riding for Somerset and Josh for Swindon - but he's been advertised as rising for us on our website.

revels have the priority on these rides . re arranged el fixture, shame cos its the only way worky are going to have a chance . wells could be missing for wucky .

Think he is a lakeside asset from what I can make out transferred to them

Apparently hes contracted to Lakeside " under Eastbournes control" which I find odd to be honest and Im not sure can be true. Im pretty sure there was a ruling last winter that came out of the EL/PL agm which said standalone NL clubs cannot sign riders as assets anymore, must say it was nice that they even consulted NL teams about it. Anyway I cant see how Martin Dugard can claim hes his rider, its purely a matter between Lakeside and Somerset as who BWD belongs to.

I see Zach was withdrawn at Stoke last night. Damaged his fingers in the front wheel. Hope nothing too serious and he heals quickly.

He's broken two fingers but it's not known how long he will be off for. Wish him a speedy recovery

Apparently hes contracted to Lakeside " under Eastbournes control" which I find odd to be honest and Im not sure can be true. Im pretty sure there was a ruling last winter that came out of the EL/PL agm which said standalone NL clubs cannot sign riders as assets anymore, must say it was nice that they even consulted NL teams about it. Anyway I cant see how Martin Dugard can claim hes his rider, its purely a matter between Lakeside and Somerset as who BWD belongs to.

Did I read somewhere Eastbourne are getting a loan fee for Wilson Dean,? if so how can that be if NL teams are not allowed assets.

Did I read somewhere Eastbourne are getting a loan fee for Wilson Dean,? if so how can that be if NL teams are not allowed assets.

if all the reports that Lakeside are involved i would imagine the loan fee goes to Lakeside who pass it in on to Eastbourne ?( bit of a middle man situation)

• Like 1

if all the reports that Lakeside are involved i would imagine the loan fee goes to Lakeside who pass it in on to Eastbourne ?( bit of a middle man situation)

Making another mockery of the asset system.

• Like 2

Making another mockery of the asset system.

The asset system is a joke anyway

• Like 1

He's broken two fingers but it's not known how long he will be off for. Wish him a speedy recovery

Young Zach faces an operation tomorrow to repair the breaks, hopefully he will be back asap.

I'm fairly sure Lakeside have no links with Bradley Wilson-Dean, so can't be involved :o

Jon Cook used to be promoter at Eastbourne and as NL are no longer allowed any assets they are all given to an EL or PL side (or sold i'm not sure on that one). In this case Cooks close ties with Eastbourne and Martin in the past made it possible for us to park our assets with them. So although Lakeside essentially own him the Dugards decide where he goes not Jon cook and ultimately also decide loan deals and buy/ sell riders. Thats the impression i get. Personally I think it would do Brad better to move to Somerset where he can ride for his parent club and progress as he is useless to us now.

Jon Cook used to be promoter at Eastbourne

Yes he did................back in 2006.

I do love a good conspiracy theory though :)