British Speedway Forum
Pob

Premier League Speedway Agm

Clegg and Branford, while both only averaging just over three have actually averaged that figure rather than being below it and rounded up to three. Shows what you can do if you persist.

Makes me laugh that some people are happy to watch riders who come in on an assessed seven point averages originally and drop three to four points off of them but won't give a Brit a chance on a three who will make a good effort at maintaining or bettering their assessed figure.

• Like 3

Well I for one am disapointted - I was hoping for some sort of radical new League structure with the EL and PL combining and losing the clubs to a new National League who couldn't make last season pay. I even thought some teams may have taken the plunge into the EL, Somerset included which is a little disapointting.

Onwards and upwards as they say... Rider replacement would be my first signing of 2016!

paul starke would be mine!

Clegg and Branford, while both only averaging just over three have actually averaged that figure rather than being below it and rounded up to three. Shows what you can do if you persist.

Makes me laugh that some people are happy to watch riders who come in on an assessed seven point averages originally and drop three to four points off of them but won't give a Brit a chance on a three who will make a good effort at maintaining or bettering their assessed figure.

They are happy with the drop off of 4 points because they then have another 4 points to strengthen up with.

The assessed average situation is a farce.

What is a 7 should stay a 7 until it is exceeded.

• Like 5

A critique is a detailed analyses and assessment designed to improve though, there has to be a degree of balance and logic when doing that so that the person you are critiquing can take something from it. It also tends to stick to a point, focus on it, drill down on it and improve it, thus far you’ve moved from it being a short term fix, it isn’t, mentioning that the the World Cup doesn’t matter, which isn’t relevant, the riders aren’t Pl quality without defining what PL quality is, and now that protected races spoil the product with continual references to old promotions.

What is anyone meant to learn from that critique? it just seems a bit….yeah but.

A critique is a critical evaluation. As for the rest of this post, you continue to misread and misunderstand entirely what I have written (and, I see, don't answer the question I put forward).

I could go on, yeah, but....I don't come on these boards to learn. if I find out interesting and new things, that's great, but for me at least, basically it's an exchange of views and a laugh now and then. It's not about pseudo-intellectual grandstanding, anyway.

Enough said, I think.

• Like 1

Well I for one am disapointted - I was hoping for some sort of radical new League structure with the EL and PL combining and losing the clubs to a new National League who couldn't make last season pay. I even thought some teams may have taken the plunge into the EL, Somerset included which is a little disapointting.

Onwards and upwards as they say... Rider replacement would be my first signing of 2016!

I bet he rides for most clubs next year

... Rider replacement would be my first signing of 2016!

May even have more guest bookings than Brady though!

Not really sure this is going to achieve a lot re the 3 point nl rider. , I think if this was the way they wanted to go then the number 6 should have also had to be british, there's no reason that clubs won't go down the road of having 3 point foreigners and building there teams the way the successful Edinburgh team was built this season.

That could leave british riders with real averages between 3 and 5 on the dole que.

Junior

• Like 1

Not really sure this is going to achieve a lot re the 3 point nl rider. , I think if this was the way they wanted to go then the number 6 should have also had to be british, there's no reason that clubs won't go down the road of having 3 point foreigners and building there teams the way the successful Edinburgh team was built this season.

That could leave british riders with real averages between 3 and 5 on the dole que.

Junior

Is it not any NL rider that has not had a ave over 3 in the pl that able to take number 7 spot there us a helava lot if decent riders in the NL it's just about getting the right one if you think max Clegg and James Sargent came in this year as 3 pointers look at them now

What is the average cut off for the national league? where they are no longer allowed to ride national?

Also what is the green sheet average conversion rate from national to premier?

What is the average cut off for the national league? where they are no longer allowed to ride national?

Also what is the green sheet average conversion rate from national to premier?

Riders with a PL average under 4.00 can ride NL as well. Also there is no conversion rate as all riders moving up from NL to PL either take their previous NL average (like Ellis), or if they don't have one they start on a 3.00+

Riders with a PL average under 4.00 can ride NL as well. Also there is no conversion rate as all riders moving up from NL to PL either take their previous NL average (like Ellis), or if they don't have one they start on a 3.00+

Am I right in thinking that a National League rider over 10.00 average no longer qualifies for national league?

Lets be honest too, a PL team manager's job was pretty easy and very limited at the best of times - now he can't swap his reserves in heat 4 it is even more limited.

Am I right in thinking that a National League rider over 10.00 average no longer qualifies for national league?

No, if an NL rider has an NL average then he can do NL regardless of how high his figure is. A a couple of years ago Kent signed Boxall on a starting average of around 10.46.

Edited by Islander15