British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

There was a 2-3 year period, nearly 10 years ago now where each team was allowed one Commonwealth rider on a five point NL average. That was stopped, so BWD shouldn't have been allowed in on a five point average, he's either a three point Brit or a New Zealander and not eligible as far as NL is concerned. That's in the past now anyway and it's happened, doesn't make it right though.

As I keep having to explain, under the current regulations he is a New Zealander with patriality as allowed in the regulations. Also, under the current regulations, any NL rider moving into the NL for the first time does so on a 3 point average. If they've changed the regulations for next season then so be it, but if they've just picked out BWD because he's a bit good then it's totally unfair. The only riders in the past that have gone from NL to PL on a 5 point average were Aussies without patriality when they were allowed in the NL, like Darcy Ward. Under the current regs riders like Aaron Summers, Dakota North, Nick Morris, Todd Kurtz, Cam Heeps started in the PL as 3s.

Edited by Alan Jones
  • Like 2

As I keep having to explain, under the current regulations he is a New Zealander with patriality as allowed in the regulations. Also, under the current regulations, any NL rider moving into the NL for the first time does so on a 3 point average. If they've changed the regulations for next season then so be it, but if they've just picked out BWD because he's a bit good then it's totally unfair. The only riders in the past that have gone from NL to PL on a 5 point average were Aussies without patriality when they were allowed in the NL, like Darcy Ward. Under the current regs riders like Aaron Summers, Dakota North, Nick Morris, Todd Kurtz, Cam Heeps started in the PL as 3s.

If he has patriality then he shouldn't have been assessed on a five in the NL but come in on a three, something which then should carry over to the PL.

If he has patriality then he shouldn't have been assessed on a five in the NL but come in on a three, something which then should carry over to the PL.

According to NL Regulations, riders coming in using the partiality rule are a 5.00.

Because Wilson-Dean could ride in the NL, his PL average is a 3.00.

19.8,1 Riders new to National League racing will be given an assessed MA of 3.00

19.8.1.1 Riders qualifying by UK Patriality will be given an assessed MA of 5.00

19.9.2.5 All riders must hold a UK Passport or have UK Patriality.

I hope it's Scunthorpe as he's a delight to watch! But I guess Somerset or Plymouth again is more likely.

I have never seen anyone ride Buxton like he did - it was extraordinary. Morley tried the same thing and fell off.

Tom Perry is at Plymouth.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Mmm never said BWD and Adam Ellis were 3ptrs but point taken. Exactley it should have been dealt with in 2015. BWD cannot suddenly change status giving him a higher ave than Adam Ellis in the PL when the reverse applied in the NL. Farce.

I get averages and there is some merit but when they are manipulated or actually keep riders off the track for 0.01 of a point or something then that is anti speedway. I am on the same page as new BSPA Chair Buster Chapman "four laps four riders turn left" Lets go racing !

Edited by the outsider

I think you might have him mixed up with den perry from phoenix nights. :D

I foolishly believed what was on the 2016 teams thread............. :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

Teams are filling up fast; no one picked up Zach Wajtknecht on 3pts and he's the one for me. But I reckon our 3ptr will be the last to be revealed.

Tomorrow I'm going for Ryan to complete our Australian "Holy Trinity"

• Like 1

The teams been sorted a while...and I reckon most of us have it sussed....just a case of releasing names. I think Wilko will be the next name confirmed.

• Like 1

Teams are filling up fast; no one picked up Zach Wajtknecht on 3pts and he's the one for me. But I reckon our 3ptr will be the last to be revealed.

Tomorrow I'm going for Ryan to complete our Australian "Holy Trinity"

Poole had the TURBO TWINS we will have THE TURBO TRIPLETS

• Like 1

The teams been sorted a while...and I reckon most of us have it sussed....just a case of releasing names. I think Wilko will be the next name confirmed.

Yea I've gone quiet cause I think I've sussed it!

Are you sure June don't think you can see the Wood for the trees but not to worry the green light will soon be on and it will be all systems go.

PWWM...I've lost touch with the NL and AM youngsters over the past 2 yrs. Your last clues were pretty obvious though. I'm waiting for my fav ride to be announced. Bet you lot will save him until last!