British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

So with no team fixture on 3rd April, what's that, a maximum of 5 fixtures before Klindt becomes unavailable and team changes are made...?

Enough for Holub to get off his assessed average.

Diaries out - fixtures here:

http://scunthorpescorpions.co/?page_id=4682

All the best

Rob

Newcastle again in the KOC, how many years is that?

So with no team fixture on 3rd April, what's that, a maximum of 5 fixtures before Klindt becomes unavailable and team changes are made...?

Enough for Holub to get off his assessed average"

2 home and 3 away, I think just enough for Holub to get his new average.

Newcastle again in the KOC, how many years is that?

And Newcastle on 2 bank holidays too! I was looking forward to the usual Somerset early bank holiday league meeting.

2 home and 3 away, I think just enough for Holub to get his new average.

Imo the League Cup group looks very tough too and I wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 opponents in the play-offs so maybe Holub will have an artificially low average to work with too.

Hmmm Glasgow at home the day after Cardiff, gonna be a long day on sunday, what do i do? drive back straight after the GP or stay over and drive back on the sunday, either way im gonna be knackered

Drive part of the way, stay over in a cheap B&B in Brum or somewhere, carry on on Sunday?

• Like 1

Cheers, thinking about it i may just drive back sat night, get back in for 2am ish, we will probably stay in weston on the friday for the pairs

Looks like I'm going to miss a good number of matches with the way the fixtures have turned out 😩

Be awkward if you have a rain off or two and Holub doesn't get a new average before Klindt leaves.

Excellent to have an away fixture again on the way back from Cardiff , and where better to round off that particular weekend .

• Like 3

Excellent to have an away fixture again on the way back from Cardiff , and where better to round off that particular weekend .

I think that was exactly the plan, as well. Both Scunthorpe and Glasgow are Sunday tracks in 2016, but that Sunday is available for Scunny, because the Tigers' fans don't have time to get back to Ashfield for an afternoon fixture, but will plenty to time to get to the EWR by 6.30pm.

So you'll get cracking racing at Somerset on the Friday and Scunny on the Sunday and just have to slum it at Cardiff in between :D

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

Makes sense to help each other out with both being Sunday tracks, plus if it was a Friday R Worrall could have been riding for Belle Vue

• Like 1

Would it not make sense to have the start time for the Glasgow match a bit earlier than 6.30 so Glasgow fans and any neutral fans heading north can get back home in good time. I think most of these fans will set off from the Cardiff/south wales on Sunday morning and I would guess it would take them 3-5 hours to reach Scunthorpe.

• Like 1

Would it not make sense to have the start time for the Glasgow match a bit earlier than 6.30 so Glasgow fans and any neutral fans heading north can get back home in good time. I think most of these fans will set off from the Cardiff/south wales on Sunday morning and I would guess it would take them 3-5 hours to reach Scunthorpe.

Don't think Flybe will take me to Scunny and wait till the meeting finishes. :cry:

Edited by tyretrax