British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

Everyone calm down; we did well last night on the Owlerton Motorway. The absence of Zeddy seemed to make us that bit stronger; as all his rides were available to the whole team. Ryan-13, topped the scorers again; and had a former rider I was standing with calling him a real prospect !; while Alex- 8 showed up well and took the fight to the Tigers in all his races. Little Josh-0; do not read that as a flat zero; because he is improving and learning fast; while Big Josh again (as at Peterborough) was constantly trying to hunt down the likes of Stead; Garrity and the excellent Dimitri Berge all of whom pulled out big leads in races. They have their engines set up for that track make no mistake. Had us talking of standardising the engines to bring riders closer together !.

Nicolai was hot and cold as per; and I was surprised he stepped out from last night and we had announced a new signing for Sunday. Wilko started slow; but seemed to bring it back together and took a good second off Josh Bates in Ht14. Scorps did what we asked of them last night; and put in a decent performance after the walloping at Peterborough; so no complaints here with a respectable 41-49 reverse.

Ashley Morris comes in on a 4.53 average at Ipswich last season; so it does bring the collective team average down further; and potentially further flexibility with the replacement for Nicolai. It will be a tough debut for Ashley on Sunday; against a Panthers team who put a real marker down last Friday as to their credentials for Premier League top cats.

As usual we trust in the Rob; and the management but in the knowledge that we always have one cast iron guarantee.

More great Speedway at the EWR on Sunday !

Edited by the outsider

ash morris , every mothers dream kid . great to see ash getting back into the pl. hope he has a good season , nice kid and look forward to seeing him down wuggyway (workington) a wee jem of a marra .

Every mothers dream kid haha who starts a fight on a speedway track bet his mother would of been really proud !!

Morris !!! Absolutely gutted...white liner Morris..I can vaguely remember rob Godfrey well p#%sed off with him when he deserted us after learning his trade with us

We've got a racers track so I don't understand why we've signed him and he's in the main body of the team I'm flabbergasted.

Sorry my mistake he's in the reserve position still won't score anything there either.

Wondered when daddy Morris would pipe up.

Why did he lose his place at Plymouth.

He may well of done on non racers track

Certainly not now.

Every mothers dream kid haha who starts a fight on a speedway track bet his mother would of been really proud !!

So to sum it up, you're pleased to have signed Morris?

• Like 1

Everyone calm down; we did well last night on the Owlerton Motorway. The absence of Zeddy seemed to make us that bit stronger; as all his rides were available to the whole team. Ryan-13, topped the scorers again; and had a former rider I was standing with calling him a real prospect !; while Alex- 8 showed up well and took the fight to the Tigers in all his races. Little Josh-0; do not read that as a flat zero; because he is improving and learning fast; while Big Josh again (as at Peterborough) was constantly trying to hunt down the likes of Stead; Garrity and the excellent Dimitri Berge all of whom pulled out big leads in races. They have their engines set up for that track make no mistake. Had us talking of standardising the engines to bring riders closer together !.

Nicolai was hot and cold as per; and I was surprised he stepped out from last night and we had announced a new signing for Sunday. Wilko started slow; but seemed to bring it back together and took a good second off Josh Bates in Ht14. Scorps did what we asked of them last night; and put in a decent performance after the walloping at Peterborough; so no complaints here with a respectable 41-49 reverse.

Ashley Morris comes in on a 4.53 average at Ipswich last season; so it does bring the collective team average down further; and potentially further flexibility with the replacement for Nicolai. It will be a tough debut for Ashley on Sunday; against a Panthers team who put a real marker down last Friday as to their credentials for Premier League top cats.

As usual we trust in the Rob; and the management but in the knowledge that we always have one cast iron guarantee.

More great Speedway at the EWR on Sunday !

Lucifer Sam needs watch his back here as it looks like you are after his job.

Josh Auty and not winning because of the engine set ups, would that be the same Josh Auty came to Sheffield 2 weeks earlier and score a four ride paid maximum.

Wilkinson got a good second of Josh Bates in heat 14, Josh Bates was excluded from heat 14, after falling coming out of the 2nd bend on the opening lap, even I could beat Josh Bates under those circumstances.

Calm down shrimmy I know you ain't the biggest fan but with what's happened and rr for holub I think it makes us slightly stronger , but then again only time will tell and probably prove me wrong.

Morris replacing Klindt, he will be a decent reserve thats for sure, so Wilko will go in to the main body of the team, Wilko won't do any worse than Klindt so i can't see any major differences, what people need to realise is that Klindt is rubbish and getting worse

Morris replacing Klindt, he will be a decent reserve thats for sure, so Wilko will go in to the main body of the team, Wilko won't do any worse than Klindt so i can't see any major differences, what people need to realise is that Klindt is rubbish and getting worse

So is Wilkinson so as you said it won't make much difference.

Nothing against any of the riders, but it seems strange when some supporters are happy with Lyager & Holub on 7 point averages, but unhappy with Morris on 4.5. At the end of the season, will those 3 riders averages be much different ?

• Like 1

Think it's only me that's unhappy about it..myself and most of the scorpions supporters like to be entertained by riders who are prepared to stick their back wheel in the dirt and have a go..not just riding on the inside for 4 laps.

Supposed to have a strong reserve ALL season.

would have done if someone hadnt knocked zeberdee off.,plan a out of the window so on to plan b.......i say give ashley a chance, we had to get someone in for sunday which probably gave rob 3 or 4 days to organise someone, also hasnt ryan been riding the inside line at the ewr? done him no harm

Haha comparing Ryan to Morris..quality..I spoke to Ryan down ashby the other week and he said he's just easing himself bk in then he'll be giving it a blast around the boards if needed..you see the difference there Tony..Ryan will have a go but Morris won't.

Haha comparing Ryan to Morris..quality..I spoke to Ryan down ashby the other week and he said he's just easing himself bk in then he'll be giving it a blast around the boards if needed..you see the difference there Tony..Ryan will have a go but Morris won't.

I spoke to a bloke on the street today, he said if it rains he'll put his umbrella up, slowly at first but once it starts pouring he'll open it fully.

• Like 2