British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

Although I do not go, I understand the Banger Racing is well attended. Perhaps a bigger clubhouse may attract more fans of that sport.

In simple terms, a club house should make you money and a number one rider will cost you money.

A number 1 should make money also when fans are dwindling because of poor results.

Extra income during Stockcar meetings too, don't forget.

Been to Arena Essex for stock cars/bangers. The crowds during the summer are huge, far outnumbering speedway attendances.

A number 1 should make money also when fans are dwindling because of poor results.

Simply not true

I would have thought it was very positive news. If he is investing in infrastructure it suggests he is in it for the long haul.

• Like 2

I would have thought it was very positive news. If he is investing in infrastructure it suggests he is in it for the long haul.

It's excellent news there is going to be further improvements in stadium infrastructure, like you say it means the promotion are confident in the long term future.

Simply not true

So crowd levels held up last season, after several early home defeats?

Totally agree.

So crowd levels held up last season, after several early home defeats?

nothing to do with crowd levels

by bringing in a expensive mercenary for rest of season has no guarantees what so ever

investing in the the clubs future does have certain guartantees

Plus,im not sure where this ``we cant afford a NO.1`` comes from either,more like try and find one!

Plus,im not sure where this ``we cant afford a NO.1`` comes from either,more like try and find one!

Berwick are having probably some of the same problems looking for a replacement for Seb Alden, they have spoken to many riders but so far not come to any signings.

Seems ages since the last home meeting; and the forecast for Sunday does not seem all that great at the moment.

Watched the Glasgow v Edinburgh derby on SKY last night; what a great crowd; and the fans and riders as clearly contributing to the atmosphere. Take a bow Danny Ayres for his showmanship and clearly a crowd favorite.

There was some great racing especially from Edinburgh's Ryan Fisher and it put speedway in a good light. Glasgow and the new Belle Vue are showing that there might be a way forward for the sport.

Looked at the PL table on SKY and there we were propping the whole thing up !..but we have only ridden 7 meetings; so in my view plenty of opportunity to make something of the rest of the season and see how far we can climb.

Here's hoping for good weather and some great racing this Sunday.

All the team rode well, great to see some determination from all not just a few, can't understand why other people don't rate the Scorpions very highly, on their day they are as good as most.

The racing was "from the top drawer" once again.

Looks like the change in the team order has worked well, looking forward to more of the same.

I can recommend the British Semi Final at Scunthorpe DVD.

It's like a collection of the best heats in a season from most other tracks but all in one night.

• Like 1

Wonder how much rob has to play with to replace the injured Alex Davies, currently showing a team average of 39.40 & alex davies average of 6.09, so i make that any rider of 9.19 or under? Could be wrong but that gives a lot of options... hope we dont go with an assessed 7.0pt scandinavian... nearly always end up as a 5 ptr there first season.

Going to be an interesting week :)

Wonder how much rob has to play with to replace the injured Alex Davies, currently showing a team average of 39.40 & alex davies average of 6.09, so i make that any rider of 9.19 or under? Could be wrong but that gives a lot of options... hope we dont go with an assessed 7.0pt scandinavian... nearly always end up as a 5 ptr there first season.

Going to be an interesting week :)

Lot of options from very few options