British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

The clever thing to do is to replace him when he's on a 7 and before the 3 ave is applied. Later on you might be able to reintroduce him on the 3, if the MC allow you.

Is that referred to in the trade as a Monarch move?

• Like 2

Even so, signing a 7 point rider and sacking him when he acheives a 3.00 average is baffling

But then i dont see much in him personally, he cant be that good to drop to 3.00 can he?

and if he is that good, whats to stop say Berwick signing him to replace bager? And him averaging between 5-6? What have scunny gained out of that, or is he even their asset?

Youll defend it as its your club, but to the outsider its confusing unless Scunny have jusy realised hes crap, cut their losses and got on with it.

Kings lynn rating him means very little, afterall their the club who brought the likes of kolenko, stange, wallace, jan jaros etc to this country.

mate the way Holub rode around Berwick makes Bager out to be a solid heatleader, I think Berwick's mechanics aka John Morrison, Alan Ferrow, Jamie Robertson, Gary Flint and our TM Scott Courtney could of all beaten Holub... comfortably
  • Like 1

mate the way Holub rode around Berwick makes Bager out to be a solid heatleader, I think Berwick's mechanics aka John Morrison, Alan Ferrow, Jamie Robertson, Gary Flint and our TM Scott Courtney could of all beaten Holub... comfortably

Come on give the lad a break; at Berwick he was only just back from injury. Trust me the one place you dont want to have to go first back after injury is Shielfield Park ! Long narrow bumpy straights into tight corners with a collarbone healing ooch!. Unforgiving track.

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

And on a mountain bike.

• Like 1

Come on give the lad a break; at Berwick he was only just back from injury. Trust me the one place you dont want to have to go first back after injury is Shielfield Park ! Long narrow bumpy straights into tight corners with a collarbone healing ooch!. Unforgiving track.

It was Josh Bailey's first time there as well, a lot younger and A LOT more inexperienced but managed to get to grip within a lap and comfortably bet Holub, funnily enough, by the length of a 'long narrow bumpy straight'

It was Josh Bailey's first time there as well, a lot younger and A LOT more inexperienced but managed to get to grip within a lap and comfortably bet Holub, funnily enough, by the length of a 'long narrow bumpy straight'

Agreed Little Josh coping well with tracks for the first time; and yes finishing ahead of Holub there; but again Holub is still recovering from his injury. But it is all conjecture now because the changes have been made; and I am sure they are the right ones at this time.

The answer, find out what the problem is with Holub, sort it out and help him. He has the potential, have seen him ride some very good meetings

Holub is 20 and Bailey is 18/19???

PLUS, Bailey might have ridden at Berwick at like a practice? Where Holub is half way around the world? I think he needs to be given a chance, yeah he's not a 7 pointer yet, but he's only 20, and he needs time to develop, especially if he's only just came back from injury

Holub is 20 and Bailey is 18/19???

PLUS, Bailey might have ridden at Berwick at like a practice? Where Holub is half way around the world? I think he needs to be given a chance, yeah he's not a 7 pointer yet, but he's only 20, and he needs time to develop, especially if he's only just came back from injury

It was first time for both, half way around the world? He's from Czech and is one of the best riders in the country, representing the said country in World Under 21 qualifiers, ie yesterday and has rode in plenty of big meetings. I know that he was recovering from an injury but you have to wonder why he was riding because he was so far off the pace? Scunny trying to get the 4h 4a quickly so they could 'make changes'

It was first time for both, half way around the world? He's from Czech and is one of the best riders in the country, representing the said country in World Under 21 qualifiers, ie yesterday and has rode in plenty of big meetings. I know that he was recovering from an injury but you have to wonder why he was riding because he was so far off the pace? Scunny trying to get the 4h 4a quickly so they could 'make changes'

Well Czech Republic, other side of Europe, non English speaking, culture is completely different, it's not like he's even used to being in the country, the setting will be completely different, just look at Miedzinski in England compared to Poland as an example

Yes, he's representing his country, so he MUST be good, just needs a little time, he's only really young

Lots of riders try to rush back from injury while it's too early because at the end of the day if they're not riding, they're not scoring points, and if they're not scoring points, they're not getting payed, and speedway if far too expensive to not get payed, I mean yeah, he should have waited until he was better, but try telling that to him once he got his helmet on and a chance to ride, they're adrenaline junkies and they want payed!!

Also the 4h 4a theory is probably true too, since they've now dropped him, but I feel only to get Wilkinson to reserve

I could stick up for Zdenek all day :P

• Like 1

Hope he gets a place somewhere soon, he really is a good lad, ,his away points may not be too good, but as pointed out , hes not been everywhere yet and i dont think he had Topinka over here this year, i believe he was due soon, i know other team mates could help him with set ups etc, but you need someone in your corner,

all this debating about holub, i found it strange how these people rated the guy, never impressed me and has proved so far that he is not good enough for the premier league.