British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Brummies 2016

I am sure there is something else we are all overlooking. I know the Bspa are a bit dippy but surely they can't be that bad??

Oh yes they can! :nono:

Good to see a "fans questionnaire" on the Brummies site from the promotion trying to reach out to fans that once went. A few questions about a Thursday race night and also about moving up to the Premier League. It was in the local media last week that its being considered for 2017.

Hopefully many fans whether they go every week or dont go, fill out the questionnaire and the club take all views on board.

http://www.birminghambrummies.co/news.php?extend.2329

• Like 2

Good to see a "fans questionnaire" on the Brummies site from the promotion trying to reach out to fans that once went.

Got to applaud this move.

Good to see a "fans questionnaire" on the Brummies site from the promotion trying to reach out to fans that once went. A few questions about a Thursday race night and also about moving up to the Premier League. It was in the local media last week that its being considered for 2017.

Hopefully many fans whether they go every week or dont go, fill out the questionnaire and the club take all views on board.

http://www.birminghambrummies.co/news.php?extend.2329

Interesting move.

"The Club That Listens To Its Fans" I like the sound of that

Yes sounds good...but the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

They can listen all they like.

It's what they do with what they hear which counts.

And, some things, may be beyond the club's control.

Anyway, interesting and I for one will be interested to learn of the results.

I notice that Danyon's CMA from 01 September is 7.05.

Quite an increase on his starting average. Well done Dan and the great thing is that you are still like a kid in a sweetshop and as pleasant and likeable as you were when you started out in the sport just over 12 months ago. Onward and Upward.

• Like 3

Danyon is definitely one of this seasons big hits & Brum have plenty of them. Below is a list of riders who regularly rode in the MDL over the previous 2 seasons.

Name Start Ave Current Ave
Hume 3.79 7.05
Bacon 4.42 7.83
JPB 3.00 6.71
Thomas 3.00 5.73
Halder 3.00 4.24
Kinsley 5.13 6.56
Bailey 6.02 8.48
Totals 28.36 40.04
As a side note 40.04 is a higher team average than Buxton, Cov, IOW, Rye & Stoke (yes most of the biggest improvers always come at reserve / 2nd string but all of the above have been mixing it / beating heat leaders this season)
Just goes to prove that the riders are out there if they are given a decent chance and British speedway isn't in such a bad way!
  • Like 1

You could single out any Birmingham rider for praise so far this season, they have been terrific and deliver every single week. Danyon is a totally different rider to what he was 12 months ago, he was a rider who could barely score 3 points a meeting. Fast forward to now and the transformation has been amazing.

Got to say it was great to see Danyon walk out 5 year old Lenny, a Rye House fan who on his birthday came to Perry Barr to watch Danyon. It was his birthday so must say class of Danyon to make that little guys day. I get the feeling that the kind of guy he is, he always posing for photos and signing autographs with fans.

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 2

Danyon Hume has broke his collarbone last night riding at the IOW

Such a shame after the great improvement he's made this year.

http://www.birminghambrummies.co/news.php?extend.2362

Snapped left collar bone after throwing a chain chasing Danny Ayres out wide on the air fence round turns 1 & 2 in Heat 15 whilst captaining the Young Lions U23 side. High speed crash and the bike was pretty much totalled. Was worried sick for a while as Dan was face down on the shale.

He has said on Facebook that his season is not over but I really hope that he listens to the correct advice and does not rush back.

He returns to the hospital in a week.

Neil Vatcher, his wife and JPB looked after him tremendously well last night. Not the easiest place to get from if you are injured.

First and foremost. Get well Danyon and don't come back until you are ready. Follow the advice of your doctors.

Secondly.

Play offs stink! The best team in the league could well end up losing the title down to this even after slaughtering the rest of the league over a season. I think if we have to go with guest and R/R (Which is our only option.) we lose to Eastbourne. (Maybe Kent.)

Words fail me once again other than to say. I think I have had enough of this sport.

• Like 2

Couldn't we look at signing a replacement for Zach, I know it's over the transfer deadline but you can replace injured riders.

Come on BSPA give Richard Hall an 8pt average. I think that's pretty fair, he probably ain't a 9 or 10ter nowadays