British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Brummies 2016

...on the island.

or "auf der Insel" - as the Germans refer to being in Britain.

Thank you for confirming my point. Now explain to me why it is a fact that the limit can't be 36.

Of course it could be, but I think that would be a major error.

It seemed to me that 2015 was a major success for the NL as a whole, with a significant number of young riders making a great deal of progress yet the teams having enough senior riders to make meetings competitive and not look like a glorified training session.

However, at the start and due to the low points limit, there were 23 3.00 riders in the named line ups. The question is whether there are another 23 out there (and given that there will be two new teams in the league more might be needed).

Worse than that is that some of the boys who made progress last season might be dumped. That's possible anyway, but with a higher limit its less likely.

For me, 40pts would have been right; with the new teams coming in, 38 or 39 might be better.

• Like 2

Of course it could be, but I think that would be a major error.

It seemed to me that 2015 was a major success for the NL as a whole, with a significant number of young riders making a great deal of progress yet the teams having enough senior riders to make meetings competitive and not look like a glorified training session.

However, at the start and due to the low points limit, there were 23 3.00 riders in the named line ups. The question is whether there are another 23 out there (and given that there will be two new teams in the league more might be needed).

Worse than that is that some of the boys who made progress last season might be dumped. That's possible anyway, but with a higher limit its less likely.

For me, 40pts would have been right; with the new teams coming in, 38 or 39 might be better.

there was also the problem of a number of long term injuries in the first few months which had promotions finding it difficult/impossible to get riders as replacements. i'm with you i would like a 40 but i think it will be 38. no way should it be 36.

Anything outside of the 38-40 window is just stupid in my eyes. As already said before the league started with so many 3 pointers last term. Some like ZW jumped up to top dog straight away, if the limit is too low it will force him to PL too early and potentially we could lose more talent.

• Like 1

Zach - 9.51

bacon -4.42

Johnson -6.21

champman -5.18

perry -8.58

smith -3.00

jpb -3.00

total = 39.9

Like I said need to show drury this team quick

I reckon brendan be back on the island.

Probably one of the easiest transfers to guess. Got 1 right for once :)

Good for the Island i say, Johnson will turn up as flash as a flash thing, struggle to make it work (as he has done for years) then give up halfway through the season claiming "his head isn't in it" and go back to showing pictures of his tattoos on Facebook?

• Like 1