British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Strudwick is in the USA, he has gone out there to ride and see if he can mix it up with them, America run 3 different levels of racing, division 1, being the better one and 3 being the lower one, i think that Niall should be in division 1 in the meeting that will show you that the standard of racing, one of the Dugards went to the states a few years ago and he went on to win the division 3 meeting and he has never raced a bike before.

So lets see how Niall does wish him all the Luck i would hope with the standard out there that he should be in the top 3. you can follow him on Twitter

Looking at the lineup I'd be amazed if he finished in the top three, even though there are only half a dozen Division One standard riders competing

Ed Kennett rode in the equivalent meeting last year and finished fourth.

Edited by arnieg

Well good luck to him whichever class he chooses to ride in. A nice holiday & a chance to ride, sure there are plenty of riders who would love to swap places with him right now.

I have not seen the line up but are they divided up into divisions or is it just a full on handicap meeting. Kennett and so on all ride in the big meetings out there, those meetings are like a GP in the USA all the top stars, But like you said a lot of riders would love to swap places with Niall.

But i guess if you have nowhere to ride in the UK you may as well look at the bigger picture and ride else where, USA, USA, USA.

Edited by catinthehat

PERRIS WINTER OLYMPIQUE JANUARY 16TH latest entry list and news

5 Max Ruml

7 Novratil

10 Geist

45 Galvin

48 Talkington

60 Clark

90 Strudwick

109 Nermarnik

111 Dillon Ruml

122 Siegel

140 Kurtis Hamill

150 Barry

153 Moreau

155 Dalbey

163 Davis

170 Perrault (match race only)

211 Brown

215 Willis

277 Rishton

220 Bryant

222 Leedy

227 Whitcomb

245 Fuson

246 Barrett

266 Jade

273 Gayle

290 Hartke

293 Valdez

345 Richards

351 Bennett

Only the first five plus Dillon Ruml could really be described as Division One riders (although I would imagine Kurtis Hamill will progress to D1 fairly quickly)

Question: which current Eastbourne rider has ridden at Perris?

Edited by arnieg

But i guess if you have nowhere to ride in the UK you may as well look at the bigger picture and ride else where, USA, USA, USA.

There is somewhere: Scunthorpe. Mind you, Scunthorpe or California?

Question: which current Eastbourne rider has ridden at Perris?

I reckon Hopwood?

How comes Perrault is match race only? Are there restrictions on entry if you "don't have the balls"?

Martin Dugard and Kelsey Dugard and Kennett rode at Perris and I believe they all rode at Shawn Mcconells track as well as Connor

Martin Dugard and Kelsey Dugard and Kennett rode at Perris and I believe they all rode at Shawn Mcconells track as well as Connor

You may be right about Kelsey, but not the one I was thinking of

RichRd Andrews went and stayed wih novratil I believe when he was formerly known as Sparky

RichRd Andrews went and stayed wih novratil I believe when he was formerly known as Sparky

Well done - in 2011.

Although it wasn't his finest hour. They ran the first 15 heats in 45 minutes! and RA was one of several riders who was caught by suprise and missed his first ride. In his third and final heat the evil ref (one Josh Larsen) excluded him for tape touching so in the end he completed just four laps.

A long way to go for 4 laps! Also I predict Strudwick to finish 15th out of the 30 riders

From what I've seen of Niall Strudwick hes someone who likes walking round the pits in his kevlars pretending to be a speedway rider, can ride around reasonably on his own but as soon as you put him in a race with other riders doesn't want to know which means hes never going to do anything in speedway!

Most Californian speedway tracks are tiny which means that the racing is quite often ferocious with a lot of argy bargy and very close contact something Strudwick shys away from on the much bigger English tracks!

Fair play to him just being out there, but if hes realistic, hes never going to be make it as a speedway rider!

Last reserve spot has gone to Charley Powell. No big surprise.

Eastbourne look to have a very solid team.

He beat terry Daley at the championship of Sussex so shows he's capable and just watched a video of him on the grasstrack and he looks fast should be a weapon around the big tracks!

He beat terry Daley at the championship of Sussex so shows he's capable and just watched a video of him on the grasstrack and he looks fast should be a weapon around the big tracks

I think the Championship of Sussex was only his second or third outing on a speedway bike so that was an incredible performance.

'Weapon around the big tracks' - what about the points he scored at Birmingham? That's a small track, isn't it????