British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Have to say even I know that NL prefer bald tracks as its easier to turn and control a bike than a heavy dirt filled track

The problem is that the riders in the Nl are not good enough to ride the track when its as you say bald? a slick track is a track that has no dirt on it, the blue or black "BLUE GROVE" which appears at Rye hourse and Mildenhall is due to the rubber off the rear tyres scrubbing off the tyre and being placed on the track this makes it harder to turn because rubber on rubber gives you more grip and the riders go straight ahead then onto the dirt thats on the outside and then turn the bike around and crash.

Then you have somone water the blue groove means the water sits on the rubber a bit like a wet pair of trainers on a tiled floor. This then makes it harder for the NL riders.

So as i said give the NL riders the better track to start off with, then the track wont be wrecked as much by the 15 heats by the NL riders would be the same as the doing 6-8 heats on the PL team.

Then let the the PL team with the better riders race the track.

I am sorry but were you at the Mildenhall and IOW home meetings? There was no such thing as racing when the track had grip on it only Ellis ran it and even he was fighting. I have to agree you have it all the wrong way around. I don't expect you were at the fans forum when we started in the NL but Martin Dugard the master himself said a slick track is better for NL racing otherwise the riders will come off the bends with bags of speed and bin it at somepoint. I think you may remember last week the top dogs had a deep and bumpy/ rutty track and look what happened to them! Edited by Al3x200
  • Like 1

Having been in and around speedway with many riders and as a professional at track preparation for around 60years i think iknow what i am talking about and judging by others on here you are in a minority of one mrscambelt...

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Some laughable comments on Eastbourne Facebook. In response to the appeal for fundraising to get Gary cottham a new bike someone wrote " maybe it first should put their hands in their pocket"! Hmm good job you don't negotiate sponsorship we would be dead and buried by now.

• Like 3

Mrs Cambelt, agree with you. Also, what a poor attendance at Rye House, take the Eagles followers away and you would have been left with one man and his dog. Poor track, poor support, but the improvements at Dry House are looking good, but Jesus, get some dirt on that track, must be like racing on a mirror.

Get Gary Cottham a new bike ? Then give it to Georgie Wood, it might as well go to someone who can ride !!

Having been in and around speedway with many riders and as a professional at track preparation for around 60years i think iknow what i am talking about and judging by others on here you are in a minority of one mrscambelt...

If you were so good at track preparation, can't you get it back to dirt track racing as it was 60 years ago then .

Bit unfair on Gary there Gasbloke. As he can ride a bike and has had several good seasons in the past. and please if you believe you can do better please take the place of one of the reserves

Totally wrong I'm afraid the lay down bikes of today produce far too much power for inexperienced riders to safely control.

A deep and grippy track is DANGEROUS therefore a slick track is much safer for NL riders.

• Like 3

Mrs Cambelt, agree with you. Also, what a poor attendance at Rye House, take the Eagles followers away and you would have been left with one man and his dog. Poor track, poor support, but the improvements at Dry House are looking good, but Jesus, get some dirt on that track, must be like racing on a mirror.

Give it a rest will ya. Three days after an emphatic away win and all you've done is mention how bad the Rye track and support are. No mention of your teams performance at all. You've avoided my question on another thread, so I'll have another try. If the Eastbourne support is so terrific, why did you drop TWO leagues in 2015? Edited by Shads
  • Like 3

Coz they were doing 75 grand a year in cold blood, shadders, i think that was the figure they said

Coz they were doing 75 grand a year in cold blood, shadders, i think that was the figure they said

How on earth did they get in that situation? That's shocking. No wonder they dropped down to the training league.

Ultimately, Eastbourne do not get a big enough crowd for Elite League and I'm glad they dropped a couple of Leagues. The National League is better for it and the club does not lose money so everyone's a winner. They could probably run at Premier League level reasonably comfortably and they may end up there at some point but there's no rush.

Shades you make me smile, if you was to run a club and it lost money every week and you loved speedway as Bob Dugards does why would you not put your hand in your pocket and continue? oh he did.

Then came a the crunch either you loose anohther 75k or you close or you get someone to run it at a lower level. so where do you start?

Chance thats been taken?

NL how many people do you need to make it pay and how many people will come to watch? and as there is no TV money from sky at the NL level so the change is who ever runs the project of NL has to fund it out there own pocket.

Shades would you take the chance? I dont think so, but we are lucky that the 2nd and 3rd generation run Eastbourne at the moment and lets see how they do who knows it may go to PL or go to one big League as it did in the year 2000?

but one thing you can count on is that there is speedway at Eastbourne again thanks to the Hard work of the team and the backroom staff that work hard to allow us to watch it.

• Like 1

How on earth did they get in that situation? That's shocking. No wonder they dropped down to the training league.

It was very well publicised at the time...guess you must have not have been looking at EL reports/news in that era.

It was very well publicised at the time...guess you must have not have been looking at EL reports/news in that era.

Very rarely stray off the PL/NL threads

Very rarely stray off the PL/NL threads

so again you stated something that you didnt really know and you then made it a point of knowing? but really as you said you never stray off the PL/NL Threads, best thing i can suggest is count to 2 then answer the questions. :rofl:

so again you stated something that you didnt really know and you then made it a point of knowing? but really as you said you never stray off the PL/NL Threads, best thing i can suggest is count to 2 then answer the questions. :rofl:

My very own stalker, how exciting