British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

All seems very harsh on Bradley. He did a good job for you last season.

Exactly what I think... Anyway If we brought him over he knows that, not many people live with their parents forever. Moving to a PL club would do him good as they can call him to ride for them as he is useless to us now he cant ride this league ( he can only make us money from loan out fee's) . It could have been handled better by Somerset but there is no need to exaggerate on this until the deal is done. Just let him go and make a name for himself!

Edited by Al3x200

Surely the eb promos want as much money for him as poss? Or make any money back have they said how much he cost them roughly couldn't have been cheap

We'll have to say I was not sure about Tom Brennans quick return I also thought he was too young at 15 to be racing but I have to say I was wrong. 100% wrong.

Tom brought the house down in heat 2 with a great race from last out the start to hit the front with in a lap with a great use of the wide outside. Then to do it again in heat 8 but this time the inside run. shows the kid is thinking and not just a flat out rider who look take his life in his hands and try to win everything straight away.

maybe the crash a few weeks ago was a blessing where he is now learning to think about things and what a great little rider he was.

If the kid learns to start then I have to say I think we got ourselfs a real winner the half pint kid looks to be a local hero.

Well done Tom your worth the admission fee alone with the great passes you have made at the weekend..

Edited by mrscambelt

They've beaten birmingham, they've beaten kent, they beat cradley and kings lynn. I think this team can go all the way even with only 6 men!

They've beaten birmingham, they've beaten kent, they beat cradley and kings lynn. I think this team can go all the way even with only 6 men!

but we haven't beaten them by enough to make up a deficit from a 2 legged event that's the worry.

Actually they did Only lose by one on aggregate against Birmingham with no perks and no Brennan and cradley they beat with an injured knight and under par Ellis..

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/15615/eastbourne-cradley-nl-28-2016 Win by 20

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/15786/eastbourne-birmingham-nl-02-2016 Win by 3

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/15765/cradley-eastbourne-nl-27-2016 Lose by 12 = win by 8 on agg

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/15638/birmingham-eastbourne-nl-01-2016 = lose by 1 on agg

Can someone please explain to me why Danny Ayres was not allowed in heat 15, I see Jack Thomas and him got 7 points each, but does BP count? is that how it works as they said something to do with his average?

Why would that make a difference. Danny has to be in the top 3 of the averages of the Kent Team.

Had to look this up myself but the ruling was correct. Its either;

Top 3 scorers including bonus points (from 4 scheduled rides) unless a rider has already taken 7 rides then you can drop to the 4th highest scorer

Or

Top 3 from teams averages unless a rider has already taken 7 rides then you can drop to the 4th highest average.

So Jack Thomas' plus 2 kept Danny out in the scoring charts & he is 4th in the Kent Ave's so a a piece of rulebook wizardry but the Eastboure promotion that im sure even John Sampford would have been proud of.

From what i heard it was the ref that stopped the race and told Eastbourne and Kent as i dont think either team was aware of the rule. But i guess you could take it as a rule book wizardry by Eastbourne lol.

Unfair to a degree that Danny was taken out the race but i have to say i think he would have made a better start than Luke Bowen but i dont think he would have passed Jake but that again is if and Buts.

It was a great meeting from both sides and looking forward to out trip to kent and is only 45 mins from me.

Was it a female Ref? the little one with the wellies Barbara Winsor lol, i mean Barbara Horley or Christina (someone) who dug that out the rule book must be a lady thing.

From what i heard it was the ref that stopped the race and told Eastbourne and Kent as i dont think either team was aware of the rule. But i guess you could take it as a rule book wizardry by Eastbourne lol.

Unfair to a degree that Danny was taken out the race but i have to say i think he would have made a better start than Luke Bowen but i dont think he would have passed Jake but that again is if and Buts.

It was a great meeting from both sides and looking forward to out trip to kent and is only 45 mins from me.

Was it a female Ref? the little one with the wellies Barbara Winsor lol, i mean Barbara Horley or Christina (someone) who dug that out the rule book must be a lady thing.

Christina was the referee !

Wouldn't it be easier if the manager could put whoever he wanted to in

I agree an you never know who is going to go the best in your team that night well not the top 3 anyway so its a team why not use all 7 if they are up to it. (but not all together in one race) as that would be unfair. :rofl:

Rule is easy to understand....think Kent forgot Magic was their 3rd heatleader by average.

Bit of a mystery how Ayres averages is so low but guess he had not done enough league meetings.

Rule is easy to understand....think Kent forgot Magic was their 3rd heatleader by average.

Bit of a mystery how Ayres averages is so low but guess he had not done enough league meetings.

That's the reason! He is still on his 2015 average but next month it goes to 9.29.

Always pleased to see Danny race. Gives 100 per cent. Wears his heart on his sleeve....bit of a panto villain at Arlington...but that's entertainment.

And entertainment counts for a lot.

• Like 2