British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

This time of year the clever team managers are seeking to keep their reserves averages down to ensure they can start at reserve next year . not all of them are that bright though .

Yes but some team managers don't have a choice and need to fill team places.

The NL needs to take a long hard look at itself and what it is trying to do - the biggest blob this season

is allowing Adam Ellis to ride when he should have been pointed towards the PL.

Yes but some team managers don't have a choice and need to fill team places.

The NL needs to take a long hard look at itself and what it is trying to do - the biggest blob this season

is allowing Adam Ellis to ride when he should have been pointed towards the PL.

Don't start this again please! We had pages and pages on the Mildenhall vs Eastbourne section over the last week. At the end of the day he was eligible to ride in the NL under the rules for this year, and wanted to ride for Eastbourne which suited his schedule rather than a full Pl season . If you look at the results he has missed quite a number of our fixtures including the double header this weekend . His inclusion has livened the league up again and can't think his riding it has had any negative effect to the other riders, he's definitely been a great help to the up and coming Eastbourne riders.

Appearances as No 8 (who can only take the RR rides) do not count towards a rider's average. (Art 16.2.1)

Thought that was the case, that should be used more often.

Edited by gazzac

I know where you are coming from with regards to Adam and those of us old enough to remember the impact

Des Lukehurst had when allowed to drop down to Romford in 1969 - likewise when John Louis didn't go up to

Division One in 1971.

It's all about scoring points for a team I guess.

Friday night speedway - makes a change but I'm glad they've let me know 2 weeks in advance so I can take the half day off work - should be a great meeting hopefully we can edge it

Really looking forwards to it and the great thing is, its the second leg so we will know on the night if we will progress. Ours being the 7th I would guess the Kent leg will be Monday the 3rd but that's not been announced as far as I can see.

Really looking forwards to it and the great thing is, its the second leg so we will know on the night if we will progress. Ours being the 7th I would guess the Kent leg will be Monday the 3rd but that's not been announced as far as I can see.

They put it on their website and took it off - amazing . Someone who saw it said 30th

Anybody travelling any distance must hate the thought of travelling to either on a friday, evil day

• Like 1

They put it on their website and took it off - amazing . Someone who saw it said 30th

i saw it this morning. I thought I was losing my marbles when it disappeared!

i saw it this morning. I thought I was losing my marbles when it disappeared!

You are not, but someone is. God and Len move in mysterious ways.

Speedway ehh! Love it.

Does anyone know why it's on a Friday? Can do Saturday/Sundays but can't get to it on a Friday which is a shame, 5 less through the gate.

Does anyone know why it's on a Friday? Can do Saturday/Sundays but can't get to it on a Friday which is a shame, 5 less through the gate.

make that 7, bugger!!!!!!!

Maybe because of the clash with the GP. Not sure how much difference it makes but they generally steer clear of running on GP nights.

Shame for anyone that cant come

Maybe because of the clash with the GP. Not sure how much difference it makes but they generally steer clear of running on GP nights.

Shame for anyone that cant come

No gp on that weekend, Poland on the 1st, then Melbourne on the 22nd October. Doesn't bode well for the fans who prefer racing on Saturday nights, believe there's the big stock car finale on Saturday 29th as well!