British Speedway Forum

Are Coventry Storm moving away from Fridays?

He's beaten virtually all of the top Aussies back home.

And he'll be settled here with Sam.

And he's coming into the best team spirit in the league.

Should do well.

Good luck to the lad, it's a brave move by Edinburgh, even Willie Wallace wasn't that brave. What a long tail you have. Need your top 3 to be on there game or your near neighbours will make laughing stocks of you
  • Like 2

Are Coventry Storm moving away from Fridays?

He's beaten virtually all of the top Aussies back home.

And he'll be settled here with Sam.

And he's coming into the best team spirit in the league.

Should do well.

My bad. Wrong Greenwood.

Dont think Berwick will annoy us neP,

it does give us a long tail. I expect erik and Max to push on but the new lads will take time to settle...so fair enough. hoping the return of Sir fish adds points to his average and entertainment is assured.

granted we won`t be as good initially as we were in the last 2 seasons, but those were all conquering teams so with "weakening" inevitable to restore parity, we will rely more on our big hitters and sam to act as guide and mentor for jye.

Looking forward to it, we wont suffer for lack of effort, team spirit or warm welcome from the terraces.

So Cook and Sedgeman , the sources of many 5-1's and good for about 20 points a meeting have been replaced by Fisher and Jye which will be good for about 10 points a meeting.

That is a drastic change of personnel and before anyone mentions it yes i know they had to lose points.

Looks by far the weakest Edinburgh side ive seen in at least a decade

If it's correct that all 'new' riders start on a 5pt ave and cannot drop below that average for the whole season, then Edinburgh will have to hope that Jye does maintain his average at least, especially as the team's starting averages will be 6pts lower than they finished in 2015.

think they can drop below it ,but would still be a 5 regarding average.They have to start a lot lower than last year thanks to their success nothing new there! They have made a lot of shrewd signings in the past few seasons so good luck to them.
  • Like 1

That's the thing, joking aside Edinburgh have made a lot of good calls in the last few years so time will tell. Don't know much about the guy, but who knows!!

We certainly weren't favourites to nearly clean up everything last season.

But we so nearly did.

Let's see how 2016 unfolds.

Looks an exciting team to me and we have a decent record with aussies.

Dont know much about Jye - which state champs does he qualify from?

Rye but with a j

so it looks like sam masters will be eating his words . blasting the victorian champs and other meetings like them . saying they should be good enough to qualify with the big boys and only the best should be allowed into the uk .then edinburgh pull the master stroke and are allowed jye etheridge in the uk racing circle through his grandparents . i wonder what sam thinks about that then ? comes in on a 5 and will prob stay a 5 for the whole season . better than campton. we will have to wait and see.

only exciting to the ones that get excited very easy :icon_smile_clown:

Are you Michael Jackson in disguise?

i dont think arson is , but there is a guy down the chip shop swears he,s elvis ... Hee Hee .