British Speedway Forum

conflicting reports from both lucifer sam and scb . so who is correct ?

i thought that if a rider went under his assessed average of ,say 5.oo. he may have an actual average of say 3.50. but his average of 5.00 is still in force . . but could not be dropped and could only be replaced if he was injured or quit his contract and walked away .. i am sure this applies to all NEW riders coming into the league in 2016. or is there a sub division to the sub division to the sub division .

quitting . hence the poor remarks from the edinburgh promotion in trying to put jye under pressure and make him walk away .. shambles of an outfit . next thing hey will want all their riders to be blue eyed and blond, oh we have been there a long time ago .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

As usual, the rules are open to different interpretation.

IMO you have to consider the following four, as the relevant components.:-

16.2.7 An EL (not EDR) or PL rider starting the season with an Assessed MA will have an

Established MA after 4 Home and 4 Away fixtures, becoming effective 7 days after the last

qualifying Meeting. Should an Established MA not be achieved to be effective from 1st May,

then the MC may issue a revised MA, based upon actual rides if the Team re-declares

16.3.2 Riders with assessed MA’s (other than an assessed 3.00) cannot be removed from a PL

Team re-declaration.

18.6.2 The Assessed MA's for new Riders to the PL racing is:

Cat 1 8.00

Cat 2 7.00

Cat 3 5.00

Cat 4 3.00

18.6.2.1 No rider with an Assessed MA, other than the Category 4 rider, can drop below 5.00 at any time during the Season.

The above could be interpreted as riders will retain assessed MAs until they complete 4 Home & 4 Away qualifying meetings meeting, and will then be given an Established MA.

If they are Cat 1 – 3, their Established MA cannot drop below 5.00 at any time during the Season.

Therefore 16.3.2 would only apply until an Established MA had been achieved (i.e. 4 Home + 4 Away), with a minimum figure of 5.00, where applicable.

If this not the case, then in addition to Etheridge, Peter Karger, and Jacob Bukhave, etc., will be guaranteed their team places for the whole Season.

Isn't it maybe the case that EU citizens such as Karger, Bukhave -- and now Romano Hummell -- are indeed assessed and their CMA can't drop, but once they have done 4/4 they could be released if form doesn't warrant keeping them in a team on their 5, or 7?

Jye Etheridge is perhaps a different case, as he's a 'foreigner' on a visa, and must be guaranteed employment?

Isn't it maybe the case that EU citizens such as Karger, Bukhave -- and now Romano Hummell -- are indeed assessed and their CMA can't drop, but once they have done 4/4 they could be released if form doesn't warrant keeping them in a team on their 5, or 7?

Jye Etheridge is perhaps a different case, as he's a 'foreigner' on a visa, and must be guaranteed employment?

Etheridge apparently has patriality and therefore did not require a visa.

If he had a required a visa, I believe he would not have met the qualification criteria based on his results in Oz.

SCB, once a rider has done four home and away, he can be dropped.

An average marked up to the minimum is not deemed an assessed average.

All the best

Rob

That is my understanding and the way it should be. Forgetting about be the specific rider in question I think it is correct that an assessed rider should be guaranteed a decent chance to prove himself and not discarded after 3 or 4 meetings. In theory it also means they have genuine MA even if this new minimum rule might prevent them using it. I am open to it being longer than8 matches however it can't/shouldn't be the whole season.

As usual an ill thought out rushed through rule that is not clear. What happens next season can they use their genuine MA or minimum 5 forever. If it was for the whole season does that mean you can replace a rider with a 5.01 average but not 4.99. absolutely crazy.

For those suggesting that Edinburgh are putting things in the paper to pressure him to quit you really need to have a word with yourself. Talk about 1+1=200 the article does not reflect well on anyone but to read that from it is utterly bewildering.

Jye gets his official MA tomorrow so guess we'll find out soon if the monarchs want to replace and if they are allowed to.

• Like 1

To be honest if he can be dropped can you really blame Edinburgh for wanting to drop him he has hardly pulled any trees up and is basically a passenger and as we know you can't afford to carry them for too long.

Being perfectly honest, id say that JC released that statement hoping and prayiny ethridge would quit

To issue that statement is bonkers unless you want etheridge to quit

Has any promoter/manager ever come out and said such things about a current 1-7 rider before?

Jye is an exceptionally nice lad, who really wants to do well. It makes me really sad to see all this and I hope things will work for him very soon

• Like 3

hang on in there jye . dont let the bar people grind you down . you have something . :t:

• Like 1

It's quoted, it doesn't matter who wrote it in what paper, it's quoted, they can't make it quoted without it actually being quoted for goodness sake

The headline quotes "worst ever", but the actual quotes say "probably one of the worst newcomers in the premier league" (implying this year). Quite a difference, but not nearly as sensational. :)

• Like 2

The Edinburgh fans I've spoken to at Ashfield have all said Etheridge is just a bit of the mark - IE not a bad rider at all, just off the pace atm.

Jye is an exceptionally nice lad, who really wants to do well. It makes me really sad to see all this and I hope things will work for him very soon

So is Mitchel Davey but it's a results driven business.

So is Mitchel Davey but it's a results driven business.

But they want to sign Mitchell Davey...

But they want to sign Mitchell Davey...

Rye House wanted to sign Etheridge