British Speedway Forum

Cook Masters sedgmen Branford is my guess :)

3 of them yes, the other maybe, EL depending.

Throughout the season Sedgy was always going on that he wasn't busy enough, it seems a bit strange that he is being tipped to go Elite league full time therefore less meetings.

• Like 1

We need to try and keep Masters. Big miss if you lose your 2 top riders at once.

From my mole at Edinburgh -Fisher and R Worrall to replace Cook and Masters. I believe Ritchie staying with Justin in Aus

Thought RW was heading west. Big fan of the Fish but perhaps his best days are behind him. Edinburgh normally bring in new blood. Would be nice to have at least one name confirmed for 2016.

Thought RW was heading west. Big fan of the Fish but perhaps his best days are behind him. Edinburgh normally bring in new blood. Would be nice to have at least one name confirmed for 2016.

Don't panic just cause nothing has been announced doesn't mean nothing is happening. I'm sure John and Alex are currently well on their way to building another league winning side.

Don't panic just cause nothing has been announced doesn't mean nothing is happening. I'm sure John and Alex are currently well on their way to building another league winning side.

Take on board what you say Mr B but we are losing an iconic rider, perhaps the best ever to don a blue and gold race jacket. Cookie put bums on seats and you had confidence that he could produce the goods away from home. Our financial situation is well documented so don't think we are in a position to splash the cash for 2016. Saying that we are in capable hands with John and Alex. Proven track record in assembling ver y competitive teams.

Take on board what you say Mr B but we are losing an iconic rider, perhaps the best ever to don a blue and gold race jacket. Cookie put bums on seats and you had confidence that he could produce the goods away from home. Our financial situation is well documented so don't think we are in a position to splash the cash for 2016. Saying that we are in capable hands with John and Alex. Proven track record in assembling ver y competitive teams.

Our financial situation is actually better this year that it has been in recent year. Cookie might be gone but that shouldn't change the way we go about our business, yes it's a huge loss but now it's time for others to step up to the plate and score them crucial points.

And then pleading poverty at end of season not the way to run a business

Or the start of the season!

I believe Ritchie staying with Justin in Aus

I've heard that to - presume there mates so perhaps Justin has put a word in?

"perhaps the best ever to don a blue and gold race jacket" - not even close! Consider Jack Young, Bengt Jannson, Bernie Persson, Reidar Eide George Hunter, Sure, he might have kept Bill Landels out of the team, but he has a bit to go to catch the others. That is not to say that he will not achieve those standards - he just has a bit to go. I know how good the others were - as a 'Weegie', I felt the pain they inflicted (JY apart - he was before my time)

• Like 3

In terms of impact winning trophies and championships and cups Cookie is the greatest Monarch ever to don the blue and gold.

He is and was a great team man Uber reliable when we needed him most. Last heat deciders....he's THE MAN.

Forget big hitter Cookie was a sledgehammer to the opposition......and boy did we love it especially on away tracks for the locals feared him in every heat expecting to get beat.

I'll take my blue and gold specs off now.

Thanks for the memories Craig....and all the best marra for the future.

Your name will always be associated with Edinburgh Speedway and our time in the sun.

• Like 1

In terms of impact winning trophies and championships and cups Cookie is the greatest Monarch ever to don the blue and gold.

He is and was a great team man Uber reliable when we needed him most. Last heat deciders....he's THE MAN.

Forget big hitter Cookie was a sledgehammer to the opposition......and boy did we love it especially on away tracks for the locals feared him in every heat expecting to get beat.

I'll take my blue and gold specs off now.

Thanks for the memories Craig....and all the best marra for the future.

Your name will always be associated with Edinburgh Speedway and our time in the sun.

He certainly won't be missed at most "away tracks" because like you say he was THE MAN for last heat decider so,you could fill in your programme as they were heading to the 1st bend.