British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2016

This thread seems to be going round in circles. Hope the track is nearly sorted and we can just get on with it. :)

They are anticipating that the work will be finished on Friday and obviously only if everything goes to plan will the Colts match take place on Sunday.

TBH I want this to happen. Here's hoping.

RE: Swindon parking. It#s perfectly normal to use on street parking when you park for a sporting event. Planning rules are just over the top.

Fingers crossed then, can't see how it's possible to dig it up and relay it in just 8 days when 100+ days was a 'rush job'. I suppose it will only show those peddling the 'rush job' theory as blatant liars which can't be the case.

Someone is lying though?

NOT sure that anyone has said they took 100 days to finish bends 3/4 after the contractors had stopped using that part of the track as an entry/exit point.

Three months (100 days) before the scheduled opening the rest of the track wasn't laid. The theory is that the contractors bodged that last section and that combined with the weather and one or two other reasons it didn't settle as had the rest of the circuit. Now, presumably, they have completed the track to the same specifications as the rest and all, hopefully sooner rather than later, will be good.

No doubt Sky will be anxious to see the junior match go ahead but without it my guess is they might switch the fixture to Wimborne Road.

Edited by PHILIPRISING

Fingers crossed then, can't see how it's possible to dig it up and relay it in just 8 days when 100+ days was a 'rush job'. I suppose it will only show those peddling the 'rush job' theory as blatant liars which can't be the case.

Someone is lying though?

So im getting the gist from this post the whole of bends 3-4 are going to be re-laid then ? Very wise, because if they don't i would fully expect the problem to be ongoing.

And yes, our old track curator put in the present track at Poole in a week, save for help with fence poles and chicken wire..

So im getting the gist from this post the whole of bends 3-4 are going to be re-laid then ? Very wise, because if they don't i would fully expect the problem to be ongoing.

And yes, our old track curator put in the present track at Poole in a week, save for help with fence poles and chicken wire..

That's why it's crap then.

THE whole of bends 3/4 have been dug up and relaid to the same specification as the rest of the track.

• Like 2

NOT sure that anyone has said they took 100 days to finish bends 3/4 after the contractors had stopped using that part of the track as an entry/exit point.

Three months (100 days) before the scheduled opening the rest of the track wasn't laid. The theory is that the contractors bogged that last section and that combined with the weather and one or two other reasons it didn't settle as had the rest of the circuit. Now, presumably, they have completed the track to the same specifications as the rest and all, hopefully sooner rather than later, will be good.

No doubt Sky will be anxious to see the junior match go ahead but without it my guess is they might switch the fixture to Wimborne Road.

I hope not PR. Sky have already switched the May fixture from 25th to 23rd May. The meeting sponsor would not be happy!!! Me!! ;-) :-(

They are anticipating that the work will be finished on Friday and obviously only if everything goes to plan will the Colts match take place on Sunday.

Coventry are saying it's off.

Edited by Alan Jones

I hope not PR. Sky have already switched the May fixture from 25th to 23rd May. The meeting sponsor would not be happy!!! Me!! ;-) :-(

May 23 still on sky schedule, just released.

The reliable source surely has to be straight from the horses mouth.

It's on Coventrys website

Belle Vue v Poole now postponed too.

Taken from Belle Vue website:-

"During the course of the remedial works being carried out by the stadium contractors to Turns Three and Four, further defects have been exposed which require further attention and this has extended the work program.

Belle Vue Speedway have therefore confirmed that their National League fixture against Coventry, which they were hoping to stage on Sunday April 24th, together with the Elite League meeting Belle Vue v Poole scheduled for Wednesday 27th April will not take place."

Edited by BWitcher

Belle Vue v Poole now postponed too.

Taken from Belle Vue website:-

"During the course of the remedial works being carried out by the stadium contractors to Turns Three and Four, further defects have been exposed which require further attention and this has extended the work program.

Belle Vue Speedway have therefore confirmed that their National League fixture against Coventry, which they were hoping to stage on Sunday April 24th, together with the Elite League meeting Belle Vue v Poole scheduled for Wednesday 27th April will not take place."

MUST be so frustrating especially as the rest of the track is fine. Would be nice to actually know what those defects are. Will try and find out.