British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2016

There will be 30 odd meetings at Belle Vue this year from NL to SWC. In addition BV Arena will look to utilise the stadium for other corporate events some with no connection to speedway.

The loan of around 6 million is to be paid back over the next 60 years.

not wishing to be unkind but NL fixtures isn't exactly going to fill the place I'd guess 400 - 500 would be classed as a good crowd- also 6million over 60 years the way speedway is going that loan will never be paid back unless things change .

As I ve said I hope it's a massive success but I'm glad it's not the club I support Kings Lynn that spent 6million I'd be very very concerned for the future .

not wishing to be unkind but NL fixtures isn't exactly going to fill the place I'd guess 400 - 500 would be classed as a good crowd- also 6million over 60 years the way speedway is going that loan will never be paid back unless things change .

As I ve said I hope it's a massive success but I'm glad it's not the club I support Kings Lynn that spent 6million I'd be very very concerned for the future .

The way to look at it is that £100,000 a year will be a lot for now. But in 20 or even 40 years time it won't seem to much. It's just getting there!

The way to look at it is that £100,000 a year will be a lot for now. But in 20 or even 40 years time it won't seem to much. It's just getting there!

that's very true but will it survive 20 years ? The way speedway has gone down hill over the last 5 years there will be nothing left in 20 years time .

Correct, and as they pay out approx 60k a year now in rent with no bar take, no car park take, no food take, and receive no close season revenue from use of the venue. (All of which will drive revenue weekly in the new place). I would suggest 100k a year is more than viable..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

What about interest?

Even at a fairly modest rate of 5% interest it will push the payments up over £315,000 a year.

Plus, doesn't the bulk of the loan have to be paid off over 40 years, rather than 60?

KIRKYLANE, on 25 Nov 2015 - 1:16 PM, said:

I wondered when the doom and gloom brigade would be back.

Do you really think that Manchester City Council would spend a lot of time and money in the Belle Vue Sports village without being convinced that this is a viable project ?

Roll on the 19th March and the start of a new era in Belle Vue's rich and full history from 1928 on onwards to our 100th consecutive year of Speedway.

As its called the Belle Vue Sports village what others sports clubs will be run from there ?

There is a 2000 seater basketball stadium , a 3G pitch ( already in use ) , a 3G pitch inside the Speedway track for use by the local school and others , an upgrade of the Belle Vue Leisure Centre which has been there for some years.

Edited by KIRKYLANE

KIRKYLANE, on 25 Nov 2015 - 6:26 PM, said:

There is a 2000 seater basketball stadium , a 3G pitch ( already in use ) , a 3G pitch inside the Speedway track for use by the local school and others , an upgrade of the Belle Vue Leisure Centre which has been there for some years.

Don't see it ever being anything but a winner to be honest . If the local council is involving the local community ie schools using the 3g pitches that's got to be a plus . Good Luck to you . There will be a lot of envious glances during the season no doubt !!

• Like 1

Who cares?

Belle Vue was unviable at the dog track and without the new stadium the plug would have been pulled long before now, probably when Mole sold out.

If it means we get an extra 5 years on top of the last 10 then it works for me, the only losers are the Manchester council tax payers who will be picking up the tab if your incisive prediction comes to pass.

This venture will secure a long term future for Belle Vue Speedway aided by the Council...... MCC are forward looking and help Sport in general over the Greater Manchester area.

Speedway as we know it may change over the years. Belle Vue wil roll on whilst Speedway exists....... Even Hitler could not stop Belle Vue Speedway !!!!!

• Like 2

At 31 December 2014, Belle Vue Speedway Ltd had a shareholder's deficit of £639,691, yet from from what I understand are one of the highest payers with their No. 1 allegedly on £3k per meeting. Whilst the information is not on file, I guess the principal creditor is the lone shareholder Mr Gordon, however he is not a shareholder of B V Arena Ltd, the company who I presume are involved in the development of the new stadium. This company has £500,000 issued share capital. I understand the local council have invested £5m+ in the sports village.

Can anyone with local knowledge confirm:

1. Cost of the new stadium.

2. Who is funding the development.

3. Who will own the new stadium.

4. Relationship between Council, B V Arenas & Belle Vue Speedway.

It is great there is a new stadium for speedway but I am intrigued as to the funding and the economic viability of the project when you look at the general financial state of speedway in the UK.

I will leave all that to the people that know what they are doing and just go and enjoy the speedway.

What about interest?

Even at a fairly modest rate of 5% interest it will push the payments up over £315,000 a year.

Plus, doesn't the bulk of the loan have to be paid off over 40 years, rather than 60?

I thought it was interest free to BV speedway - so assume the council are paying the interest as it's part of the great sports village.

I thought it was interest free to BV speedway - so assume the council are paying the interest as it's part of the great sports village.

Surely not. Over 60 years the interest costs will be higher than the original loan.

Swindon Borough Council pay a long term rate of 3.36% on their borrowing. At that rate MCC would pay back close to £14m on the £6m loan.

Manchester City Council have said the Sports Village will be an asset to the whole area. As said, its not just a speedway stadium. Man. City Council see a bigger picture, whereas it seems speedway supporters only see speedway.

Edited by Joe Hatton
  • Like 1

Manchester City Council have said the Sports Village will be an asset to the whole area. As said, its not just a speedway stadium. Man. City Council see a bigger picture, whereas it seems speedway supporters only see speedway.

Yep the village and stadium will be an asset to the City, but it won't change the Manchester weather...

Protective covers will be used at the new stadium.

No guarantee of not having rain offs but it will mean that they will be reduced in number

• Like 1